Beacons for ATS MP

FrostyDog941

Suggestion Name: Beacons
Suggestion Description: Beacons for all trucks to have just like euro truck simulator 2 for the purposes of loads like tankers and lowboys with tractors and bulldozers etc.
   Any example images:        Screenshot_4.png

Why should it be added?: They should be easy and able to be added into american truck simulator multiplayer as there are plenty of trailers in the game such as fuel tankers and construction equipment and especially since the hint that oversized loads  are coming this year they definitely needed for those types of cargo. So i believe that they are a long awaited feature that should of been implemented in the actual game why scs didnt add them idk but i think theyd be an awesome feature :)

This is something that would have to be implemented by SCS first, as TruckersMP can't add assets into the base game.

You can suggest it on the forums (http://forum.scssoft.com)

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Need to ask SCS but I really hope beacons don't get added because they NEVER get used properly! No loads in ATS that I can think of off the top of my head require a beacon! There shoudln't even be any loads in ETS 2 that require the use of beacons, but players use them anyway. Why? "because it looks cool" or "Oh I get no lag so I'm happy! Oh, you get lag... well I DON'T CARE"

Note to OP: Fuel tankers don't need a beacon I see plenty of Westcan trucks driving around WITH NO BEACONS. If they were required they would have been using them, in fact I don't even see trucks with flat beds using them. The only trucks with beacons I've ever seen have been the ones with pilot trucks who take up 2-3 lanes of traffic. Regular flat bed loads, even the flat bed loads in ETS 2 AND ATS can stay in their own lane and don't need beacons. 

• Upvote 1

On 3.1.2017 at 10:47 PM, Jeremyv1990 said:
Suggestion Name: Beacons
Suggestion Description: Beacons for all trucks to have just like euro truck simulator 2 for the purposes of loads like tankers and lowboys with tractors and bulldozers etc.
   Any example images:        Screenshot_4.png

Why should it be added?: They should be easy and able to be added into american truck simulator multiplayer as there are plenty of trailers in the game such as fuel tankers and construction equipment and especially since the hint that oversized loads  are coming this year they definitely needed for those types of cargo. So i believe that they are a long awaited feature that should of been implemented in the actual game why scs didnt add them idk but i think theyd be an awesome feature :)

I like that idea. Would be a nice new feature ingame :). Too bad SCS have to introduce it before someone else can do :mellow:

And nooooo: I'm not that kind of driver who turns 'em on even if they are unnecessary. And I do not need 2-3 lanes, only one :) 

Edited by Mr. Blue Sky

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

2 hours ago, Jeremyv1990 said:

well here in the us trucks hauling dangerous loads like fuel or oversized loads are required to have beacons in any amount of lanes 

Where, I've been in the US and have never seen trucks using beacons EVER. As I said, the only loads I've seen with beacons have been those that take up 2-3 lanes. I even watch YouTube videos of truckers in the US and still I have NEVER seen beacons used.

Sorry, but I don't care what you're hauling if you can stay in 1 lane you don't need any beacons. Gas, propane, liquid nitrogen..... even DYNAMITE, what ever, if you can stay in one lane you don't need beacons period. That is the purpose of the dangerous goods plaque on the trailer. A beacon will not draw peoples attention to the plaque on the trailer, a beacon will not deter drivers from running into you. If someone is going to hit you, they'll hit you regardless.

Beacons are more for night time when you can actually see them flashing better.... but at the same time can't see the load as well. The beacon is there to tell the driver "warning, load is bigger than usual". If you're towing a fuel trailer, you're still in your lane, you're not sticking out, and you're still the same regular size. No warning needed. 

Regardless SCS still needs to add this, you can complain all you want here. That won't do anything. I still hope that SCS doesn't add beacons because of these users who seem to think they should drive with beacons 24/7 because it looks pretty! If beacons happen to appear in ATS then I hope they will start to get regulated in MP. I'm fine with the pilot car beacons because that is just 1 light bar (or 2 small beacons). What I'm NOT ok with is users who have 3+ beacons with the same excuse.... "It makes my truck look pretty :D DON'T TAKE AWAY MY CUSTOMIZATION D:<" Sure, 1 truck doesn't really make a HUGE impact on performance, but add in 5 trucks and then you'll start to get performance issues. 

ell youtube videos all you want ive lived it for years i ran with my step dad in a semi and saw trucks with beacons with oversized loads on them and their pilots so just cause youtube dont show it dont mean they dont exist because they sure as heck do! Just saying if scs released it for euro truck and not american truck well they fudged the game up from the very start i mean for fudge sake euro truck was so much bigger and had more to offer then american truck ever has american truck got screwed big time 

^ Go back and look at my original post then please. Did I ever say that oversized loads don't need beacons? If you're oversized then you take up 2 lanes, just barely. I stated "The only trucks with beacons I've ever seen have been the ones with pilot trucks who take up 2-3 lanes of traffic" My definition of 2-3 lanes of traffic is even slightly, not full lanes. If you're driving along and your load is on the white line then IMO your in 2 lanes. Of course the oversized loads use beacons, I've seen those videos. But for those videos with truckers driving around and seeing other regular sized trailers pass, no beacons ever. 

Once again, the beacons are used for those loads to tell others "HEY! my load is larger than usual WARNING" If you are towing anything like a regular sized trailer (box trailer, fuel trailer) you don't need beacons. 

Anyway, not going to turn this into a beacon debate, although I do wish that users would either use way less beacons, or just stop using them for unneeded purposes.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.