Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Map enhancements for traffic and accidents

[ITS] Sima

Suggestion Name: Map enhancements for traffic and accidents
Suggestion Description: Add high traffic and accident symbol or markers on the ingame map

Any example images:

traffic_and_crash_map_enhancem.png

navi_marker.png

Why should it be added?:

- warn players automaticly

- reduce work for game admins

Possible ways to implement this into game code:

- detect a crash via report (category: ramming, blocking, etc.)

- detect a traffic jam asking how many other players a person is surrounded by (e.g 20 within 200 metres)

- create a fake player on this position

- make this fake player visible for all other players on the whole map

(like the map marker already implemented for steam players)

Edited by Simanova [GER]

Contact me via deb-host.de

Idk, it would be difficult to integrate and if the admins have to put it on from the reports that would just increase the already large work load and pressure on the admins. Also i believe something like this has already been suggested before. However, this could be useful for other trucks driving and for doing convoys as you could then take a diversion around the area.

If what I said was helpful or you liked it, please press the vote up button :)  

OnlyVolvoDriver.gifteam_team-veteran2.png

if the admins have to put it on from the reports

as suggested the system could work completly automated

trigger -> action -> indicate

- detect a crash via report (category: ramming, blocking, etc.)

- detect a traffic jam asking how many other players a person is surrounded by (e.g 20 within 200 metres)

Edited by Simanova [GER]

would be a good idea, mostly people dont put their lights on and cant see whats in front of me i had to put high beam on to check but then hurts incoming truckers eyes, if that blinks on my satnav (GPS) then that would be a great idea and id slow down or watch what is in front of me

Leo 

|| Website || ETS2 Mods || ATS Mods || RLC ||  SnowBall Media || Knowledge Base || ..:: REPORT ::..

TRUCKING , IT IN OUR DNA

LOVE TRUCKING? KEEP ON TRUCKING

RLC_Discord_Avatar-o9dhjsnf9ecgmf2wkzecuhp8gwdqe6siv46rmtzw6o.png.a1b59544b8fc365f74366d259a2c8d22.png

//\\ ELECTRICRADIO //\\

27 minutes ago, Simanova [GER] said:

as suggested the system could work completly automated

trigger -> action -> indicate

If it works automatically like that it would work  a bit better but how would the warning be removed again? after a set time or by an admin?

If what I said was helpful or you liked it, please press the vote up button :)  

OnlyVolvoDriver.gifteam_team-veteran2.png

Removal could be an update process

e.g update every 5 minutes ( this includes a new check ),

or update when a new event occurs

also multiple warnings on the same area should be summarized

implementation could be:

- check original / first position of warning

-> compare with new reported position

-> if distance is smaller than x

-> then summarize and calc a new position

-> or use the original position (this would be much easier)

PS: all events have to be procecced by the server-node and serverwide - as said before, the indication could be realized by a fake player placed in the world or simulated by the server.

(fake players should not count to available server slots)

Edited by Simanova [GER]

Dont really think this is a good idea. Firstly, surely the player would be gone within 5s if they just f7+enter? As for fake players, It would be alot of work for the server as it could potentially mean that it is doing 2x the work in regards to population of an area.

Ramming also doesnt mean that there is a crash, someone can ram in many different ways which the game file would be much, much larger to detect these.

Overall, I think this would be A lot of work for the devs with perhaps little to no gain.

• Upvote 1

surely the player would be gone within 5s if they just f7+enter

if they hit f7+enter there would be no crash or traffic jam, so no reason for an indication

It would be alot of work for the server

position calculation is already done, server only need to rely on existing data

distance calculation is a very simple floating point operation - if there are 1000 calculations per 1 minute this is negligible

much larger to detect these

as said before, detection is via reporting system

abuse of reporting system is already punished by admins

A lot of work for the devs with perhaps little to no gain

the whole project is already a lot of work - but i think a lot of work is already done

-> map marker for steam players done

-> player position calc done

-> surrounding player calc done

-> distance calc done

-> report system done

so my todo list for developers is now

-> new markers not done

-> generate fake players and handle these not done

-> junction between map markers and report system not done

-> server event calculation and update processing not done

Edited by Simanova [GER]

not being funny, but literally so pointless imo. People could report them, and then the player F7 Which could cause a "fake" marker.

Fake players arent a good idea as its just someone blocking the road and preventing the accident from clearing in the first place.

If you make the "fake" player visible for the whole map it could mean players rendering in a whole new part of the map which means fps/ computer problems for many players.

-1 from me.

• 1 month later...

If you make the "fake" player visible for the whole map it could mean players rendering in a whole new part of the map

Why it should render map it only shows a decal on the map? And the "fake" player is only being rendered not the things around him.

+1

• 1 year later...

This is a suggestion which requires a change of the base game files which needs to be done by SCS Software as any other unofficial change would not be allowed, hence why this cannot be done by TruckersMP. In addition, it would require a very difficult check of the current situational circumstances. The technical aspect of this is just too difficult and would not yet outweigh the advantages. In addition, people would not slow down anyway so the intended purpose cannot be fulfilled.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.