Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Crash caused by going over red lights

darktig3r

Suggestion Name: Kick system for crashes caused by going over red lights
Suggestion Description: There are lot of people who ignore red lights, which is fine when there is no one else around. However, sometimes some people cross red lights in heavy traffic and cause crashes and blocks. So a system where if you cross the red lights and cause damage within 5 seconds you should get a warning to stop at traffic lights when they are red and there is traffic around. If you have crossed the red light and you did not cause any damage to others then you should not get any warnings.

And if you have caused a crash 2 times for crossing red light, the 3rd and final warning should be to stop at every red light as a early punishment or you get kicked no matter if you cause any damage.

The warnings should also stack up for 24 hours, so trolls cannot just relog and have their warnings cleared.

Also this system would not effect convoys either, because as I said they can cross red lights without punishment, only when they cause damage would they get the warnings.

And it wold not be easy to exploit as you can see if someone is waiting for you to cross the red light and crash into you, so you get the warning. All you would need to do to counter it is to stop at the red light and if they are following you report them as trolling.

Any example images: Not have one atm, but this happens plenty of times.
Why should it be added?: It should be added so that people take traffic lights seriously when other traffic is around. It would also reduce crashes in major cities, loud horns and long traffic into the cities.

Just now, Mirko9 said:

This is cool m friend.I hate when people dont look at the red lights.

I think so too, I always look at red lights.

Spoiler

Then I cross the intersection :P

However, the idea of implementing such a system is not generally a worse suggestion, though. Even if it is reaaaaaaally hard to implement it would help to prevent some accidents that occur in big cities such as Calais, Paris or Duisburg.

But it is also something where players who don't give a dayum about rules would complain about. People would be angry what leads to more intended crashes and incidents being reported.

When implementing such a system, of course, it has do be done for everybody - but as I explained before, it would cause even more mayhem. However, the simulation server could be those servers where this system could be implemented because players who can only drive 110 km/h tend to drive more carefully.

Facing the reality it won't be implemented because our TMP developers have a lot of work to do due to the fact that the game still is in Alpha status.

Nevertheless, I like the idea even though I'd be mad as well sometimes - but actually I would not be kicked at all because the kick rule only applies to people who cause crashes after running a red light.

Kind regrads ;)

as the rules already state, if you cause an accident while crossing on red, that's reckless driving and is therefore a bannable offence. 

Also, statistically, accidents at light controlled junctions are far less common than accidents at uncontrolled junctions and on single carriageway roads, fact. 

Furthermore, anyone who reads my posts knows I hate auto systems when it comes to punishments for offences because a auto system cannot always calculate whether something that happens was a genuine mistake or an intentional act, whereas a human can determine whether the person jumping the light caused the collision on purpose by looking for behavioural and driving characteristics, a auto system cannot, meaning more than just "100 trolls", as a undesirable person on here said, will get punished, you could say statistically, 5x+ that number of innocent people who just make an actual mistake will get punished, so 1/5 kicks/bans might be a genuine troll, not exactly good odds. 

11 hours ago, darktig3r said:

Well that would mean -100 trolls every minute, as a normal player would get the message at the first warning :)

So what you're saying is that a"normal player" is classed as someone who doesn't make any mistakes? That's dumb honestly. Running reds isn't the end of the world, and in my 2+ years playing TMP I've seen more accidents caused by overtaking, uncontrolled junctions, racing, intentional head on driving and blockers, than I have of people being wrecked in traffic light controlled junctions, the statistics mean that an auto kick system would be a waste of time. 

Now, before any of you backers start screaming at me that I'm a troll and that I run reds and all that expected drama, no, I very very run red lights, in fact, the only times I do is when either I'm in a super hurry to do something IRL or needed IRL 

or if my loads wait outweighs my brake pressure for the distance to stop safely, therefore I run the light to avoid stopping in the middle of the road potentially blocking and causing an accident. 

I just do do not see the need for a auto kick system, it will not stop the real trolls for just relogging and carrying on their trolling ways, but it would ll turn away the innocent drivers who just make a mistake and get penalised for it, it's not worth it at all. 

Accidents do happen, both in game and IRL, many of us, myself included, would like TMP to be more true to real life, which includes accidents at traffic lights, poor overtaking, excessive speed... etc etc, removing it just makes the game feel like singleplayer where everyone drives to near perfect and rarely are there any conflicts because everyone else would be sick of the dumb auto systems people dream of. 

So so from me, this suggestion gets a big fat -1 the size of the Empire State Building, Eiffel Tower and Seattle space needle combined.

Yes this would reduce the work load on admins but idk how easy it is to integrate into the game. You just record and report them, and yes, I know it doesn't get sorted immediately and can take up to a week for the report to be accepted/declined. 

If what I said was helpful or you liked it, please press the vote up button :)  

OnlyVolvoDriver.gifteam_team-veteran2.png

12 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

as the rules already state, if you cause an accident while crossing on red, that's reckless driving and is therefore a bannable offence. 

Also, statistically, accidents at light controlled junctions are far less common than accidents at uncontrolled junctions and on single carriageway roads, fact. 

Furthermore, anyone who reads my posts knows I hate auto systems when it comes to punishments for offences because a auto system cannot always calculate whether something that happens was a genuine mistake or an intentional act, whereas a human can determine whether the person jumping the light caused the collision on purpose by looking for behavioural and driving characteristics, a auto system cannot, meaning more than just "100 trolls", as a undesirable person on here said, will get punished, you could say statistically, 5x+ that number of innocent people who just make an actual mistake will get punished, so 1/5 kicks/bans might be a genuine troll, not exactly good odds. 

So what you're saying is that a"normal player" is classed as someone who doesn't make any mistakes? That's dumb honestly. Running reds isn't the end of the world, and in my 2+ years playing TMP I've seen more accidents caused by overtaking, uncontrolled junctions, racing, intentional head on driving and blockers, than I have of people being wrecked in traffic light controlled junctions, the statistics mean that an auto kick system would be a waste of time. 

Now, before any of you backers start screaming at me that I'm a troll and that I run reds and all that expected drama, no, I very very run red lights, in fact, the only times I do is when either I'm in a super hurry to do something IRL or needed IRL 

or if my loads wait outweighs my brake pressure for the distance to stop safely, therefore I run the light to avoid stopping in the middle of the road potentially blocking and causing an accident. 

I just do do not see the need for a auto kick system, it will not stop the real trolls for just relogging and carrying on their trolling ways, but it would ll turn away the innocent drivers who just make a mistake and get penalised for it, it's not worth it at all. 

Accidents do happen, both in game and IRL, many of us, myself included, would like TMP to be more true to real life, which includes accidents at traffic lights, poor overtaking, excessive speed... etc etc, removing it just makes the game feel like singleplayer where everyone drives to near perfect and rarely are there any conflicts because everyone else would be sick of the dumb auto systems people dream of. 

So so from me, this suggestion gets a big fat -1 the size of the Empire State Building, Eiffel Tower and Seattle space needle combined.

Hi, I understand your point, however I said if it was committed 3 times they would get kicked, 1 time can be accident, 2nd time you need to watch out how you are driving and 3rd time it can hardly be an accident and you may need to take a short break. And the fact that you said that accidents at uncontrolled junctions and on single carriageway roads are higher is true, but it causes less disturbance that collisions in major cities where 50+ people try to drive in and out.

27 minutes ago, darktig3r said:

Hi, I understand your point, however I said if it was committed 3 times they would get kicked, 1 time can be accident, 2nd time you need to watch out how you are driving and 3rd time it can hardly be an accident and you may need to take a short break. And the fact that you said that accidents at uncontrolled junctions and on single carriageway roads are higher is true, but it causes less disturbance that collisions in major cities where 50+ people try to drive in and out.

uhhhh where do you get your info from I might ask?

Firstly, saying that someone cannot make a mistake 3 times is stereotypically wrong, if youre a new player and so don't understand whats going on, chances are youll make the same mistake several times, does that mean youre a troll? no, youre just inexperienced and experience comes from making mistakes and learning from them, not being told what to do and what you can and cannot do before you even do it, theres just wrong.

Secondly, I personally have had off days where ive had just the worst luck, yet im not a crap driver not at all, so kicking people for this in my honest experienced opinion is dumb, D U M B.

Thirdly, Statistically, you are wrong, if you were right, we wouldn't have the mess on the Calais- Duisburg road, that's a single carriageway road with an uncontrolled junction and theres constant accidents, rammings, blockings and what have you, in my hundreds of hours in multiplayer, I can honestly say ive rarely ever seen or been involved in accidents where someones run a red and rammed someone else, its just not as common as you portray it to be.

Furthermore, a Auto system would require a ton of code to make sure it can register when someone crosses a red verses someone crossing an amber or green light, plus it will have to detect who is in the wrong etc, its just not worth the time for an accident that rarely happens.

in my honest opinion, accidents that you see in cities, 9/10 times are due to lag or driver error, not trolling etc like you seem to think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Ashley locked this topic