Because we do not have some artificial traffic?

torn4do

Suggestion Name: Because we do not have some artificial traffic?
Suggestion Description: Add some traffic from just vehicles to give some life to roads that are often very empty for long periods of time that are always on the verge of speed limit
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: I think that having some traffic for everyone could help the awareness of drivers and give more realism to multiplayer game since many times nothing more than the road for long periods, would also help drivers to take more precaution in the Roads and try to respect a little limits to prevent accidents, i see drivers go more than 150 km / h without caring anything, traffic at a low level would help to create more awareness in drivers and also give a more pleasant view of the roads Empty

This has been suggested many times before. 

I would like the idea, but it'd take a lot of work to get this implemented, given the servers are already lagging enough due to the player load on them, adding AI traffic would just create more unnecessary load, let alone the ability of people to exploit this feature to anger other drivers and the annoyance of the cars present in busy enough areas already like Paris, Rotterdam, and the Calais-Duisburg road. 

I understand the work that should be implemented to the servers, but the idea is to put a low traffic so that it does not load so much in the mentioned areas or if there would be some way that it is only in the freeways and not in the cities, the truth I do not know if it is possible in that way, reloading the server, I do not think I charge more than the snow mod has loaded, have not they studied the option of being alone on the motorways? I do not think it is an unnecessary job because if they have asked for it many times it is because people want it, I propose that they do a pilot with a server and see the results

2 hours ago, InstantAvant said:

b9f704479c83cf9df20e941ad6abc188.png  dc1414b8060543a6769c0805c4b4c435.png

C´mon Are you going to tell me that you would not like it?  If the community does not seem good idea can say, otherwise I would like to know if you like this idea, not only think that it will be rejected by the work that implies

I have been shocked by drivers who go to a lot of excessive speed leaving me stranded on the highway, since the truck with the coup goes off and they go so fast that they go their way and I can not even see the name to report them, I think with a Little traffic at least they should regulate a little more driving, I do not say that we should go to 80 km / h but going to more than 150 km / h is absurd and it damages the gameplay, this I think would give a double benefit, that of a more environment Nice and a help to regulate unscrupulous drivers, I do not say it's easy to implement but do a project with a server and test the results I think it's worth it!

It's really difficult to develop traffic which is synced to everyone. I mean on the Servers are playing players from all over the world. And the desynchs are such big, it will make many people crash into cars or something. The Idea is not bad, but the implementation isn't easy.

AND we have now problems with the trollers... The AI won't make it better, when you know what i mean ^^

ETS 2 Trucker since: November 2, 2012

TMP Trucker since: December 13, 2014
TMP-Forums Member since: February 6, 2016
TMP Staff since: January 24, 2019

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

76561198117916779.pngAddFriend.png

https://twitch.tv/robin_tmp

On 02.01.2017 at 6:14 AM, torn4do said:

would also help drivers to take more precaution in the Roads and try to respect a little limits to prevent accidents, i see drivers go more than 150 km / h without caring anything, traffic at a low level would help to create more awareness in drivers and also give a more pleasant view of the roads Empty

lol, it will cause only that almost every player will overtake every single traffic at 150km/h

I understand what they say, it is a good idea but very difficult to implement, I express that I did not know if this was possible, that can only be known by the programming guru, so far they have only said that it is difficult but not impossible, Is alone a proposal with the best intentions of improving the multiplayer game, is it a good project? I think that if it is difficult and complicated? I think so, impossible? So far have not said ... the results? You can speculate a lot but only with a test you could know for sure, whatever the decision thank you have taken it in consideration, it is a complicated and laborious project and surely do not want to take the headache and I understand that, good luck!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.