Can I run base Euro Truck Simulator 2 with this config? (Mobility Radeon 9600, Pentium M 1600, 2 GB RAM)

MISLcz

I got 2nd portable PC now, can it run base ETS2 (No MP, bcuz of 32-bit CPU)?

Its specs are: Pentium M 1600, Mobility Radeon 9600 128 MB, and 2 GB RAM. I hope it can run ETS2 on lowest settings with 30 FPS in-cab, because I heard power of Mobility Radeon is generally larger, than power of my GMA X3100.

Thank you, MISLcz / TDUForever

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

@SLAUGHTEER - Ikr, but want to play SP on this config and I am asking here bcuz guys at SCS Forums will certainly link me to system requriments, which is what i don't want

@MatizTDCI - Why? I already played ETS2 on Intel GMA X3100, which is a weaker graphics card, than ATi Mobility Radeon 9600, and it ran OK (min details, 20 FPS in-cab, 30 FPS out-cab).

EDIT: @Euro Trucker 2017 - But I already own the original version, just asking here if it'd be worthless or not to try to download it.

2 GB is max RAM for this NB. My other NB supports up to 4 GB of RAM (that's the one that has Intel GMA X3100).
EDIT: I can find only Windows Vista and XP drivers, can ETS2 run on Vista / XP?

EDIT2: Maybe I can mod the drivers to run on 7, but I'd not do that unless I must.

OTEDIT3: Is it allowed to remove the mirrors in TruckersMP? They just decrease FPS on my other laptop.

Always give it a try.

From GPU and RAM side it should work on lowest settings, but CPU sided it could not work out, but you should try it.

inteall the ETS2 demo and try setting it up

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

OK, now need to reinstall the entire NB, since it lags, and I don't like XP very much.

EDIT: The RAM is broken, need to replace it. Already ordered a replacement from eBay, I hope they will deliver it soon, because I am from the Czech Republic and Česká pošta (Czech Post) is very slow sometimes... With broken RAM I don't think it'd run, especially since I want to reinstall it.

Which drivers are best for this card? Notebook manufacturer doesn't provide them anymore, and AMD says that they're not supported anymore, and that I need to find manufacturer's drivers, so I am stuck with these options:

1. I can try to find some old Omega Drivers and install them

2. I can modify the latest Radeon 9600 driver (Catalyst 10.2) to run on Mobility Radeon 9600 using hardwareheaven.com's tool or by myself (I already modded some drivers, so it should be no problem, but I'll try the tool first)

3. I can install Mobility Radeon driver from some other notebook

I'd probably try the 2nd option, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

BTW: Is Mobility Radeon 9600 overclockable?

I have a good PC, but I need to have something portable also, and these are the only portable PCs I can have now. I know, they aren't very powerful, but on my GMA X3100 box I can run Euro Truck Simulator 2 on minimal details with 30 FPS, and this laptop has even better GPU, so I think it will run better on this Mobility Radeon 9600 box.

there a laptops/notebooks out there which are labeled "gaming".. i think something like that would be better.. your pentium with 2gb ram and a old 9600 amd mobile gpu will not cut it on mp! your fps will fall to near zero as soon as you will see the frist player group.. if you really do use this machine, never go to paris, rotterdam, hamburg, duisburg and its country road.. you will not be happy there.

get something with atleast an i5 (if you like intel) or with an fx63xx (if you like amd) and a good 8gb ram!

sysp-73354.png

Just running modded drivers on it sounds like a better idea than the others, it's still the same hardware no matter the laptop.  As for overclocking: no, laptop gpus are infamous for clipping.

However, how's the CPU on your other laptop, that could play a part of framerate as well.

As for removing the mirrors off your truck, it will also break the F4 mirrors and just honestly seems unsafe?  Perhaps you can adjust the distance to be super close?

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

@sgpch1983 - I don't want to play MP on the Mobility Radeon 9600 box, I already play MP on my GMA X3100 box, I just want to run SP with some less graphics demanding mods with 60 FPS with the default screen res (XGA=1024x768 or SXGA+=1400x1050, don't remember, I think it's the first one)  with on this box. My FPS never drop under 4 FPS in MP on my GMA box with 1366x768 res with min details and 25% scaling, even on a place where there were ~140 players in the city and ~100 players in service. And if I run deferred (100% scaling, very good quality, but you can't have any lights in this mode) on half of my external monitor's resolution (960x540), my FPS never drop under 8 FPS in MP. I already have a powerful desktop PC, but apparently you can't carry a PC into the school and back, I tried it and it wasn't very easy for an 11 years old kid like me.

By the way: Can a 1,6 Ghz one-core processor even run ETS2? I really dunno xD

@rrs - ad drivers - You mean that I should install Omega drivers (=modded drivers) even when the half-official version (=official driver with modified .inf to run on Mobility Radeons) of the official driver is 2 years newer?

ad overclocking - Omega Drivers are good for OCing, and the temperatures were very low before it crashed because of bad RAM, so I don't see any problem with OCing here.

ad CPU - You probably didn't understand me properly, I have two different notebooks, one is older (ca. 2003), has broken battery, RAM (even the wireless crap on this is probably KO), and it is this one with Mobility Radeon 9600 and Pentium M 1,6Ghz. The other is newer (ca. 2007), has broken battery but ok RAM (planning to replace it bcuz it's just 2 GB and I want 4 or 8 GB, what does the chipset handle), and it's the one with GMA X3100 and Core 2 Duo 2,0Ghz. I want to play MP on the GMA one (64bit processor), and SP w/ mods on the Radeon one (32bit processor :o).

ad mirrors - Removing mirrors is absolutely safe and if you remove the F4 key in controls you have no chance to crash the game (otherwise it crashes). If I set the distance to super close (even 1m was removing 5 FPS) it'd have no point and still it'd harm the FPS. It's overall much better to have an AHK macro to look around, as I have.

Sorry for the exhausting answer, I think it is better if I answer everything in one answer than if you must ask other questions.

@MISLcz I'd say go for the modded inf drivers, but that choice is up to you, esp. with overclocking.  Although, I do wonder if the pentium m could handle the game, as a dualcore laptop would help greatly with ensuring the game isn't cpu bottlenecked.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

@rrs - Pentium M has better pipeline than Core 2 Duos AFAIK, but dunno how it'll perform. Gonna try when I get a non-broken RAM. Idk about overclocking, cuz I seen Omega drivers with builtin OCing option. But first I'll try the mod .inf drivers.

@MrHarv - exactly, if it wasn't broken bcuz of wireless crap thing and RAM, I'll try it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sunort locked this topic

Archived