dlc paint jobs view correctly

AlexP915

Suggestion Name: dlc paint jobs view correctly

Suggestion Description: I would like to use in multiplayer all dlc available in steam, especially Dragon truck design pack (GRAND GIFT DELIVERY 2016 dlc) and christmas and hallowen paint jobs and that players looks this right when you use the dlc.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: All are original dlc of steam and currently when I use the dragon paint job, the other players don't see me with that paint job correctly.

Since all DLCs are purchased externally on the Steam Store, you can't view other's DLC paint jobs if you don't have it. There's no way TruckersMP can make everyone see eachother's paint jobs regardless if somebody has the DLC or not, legally. So the most effective and best solution is to replace all DLC paint jobs you can't see with the default paint/color of the specific truck.

However, if SCS had just made all DLCs available from the start, but a key or something similar is required to actually equip the accessory (paint jobs for example), there wouldn't be an issue since everyone would already have the files for every DLC (making it possible to view DLC paint jobs from others). But that's unfortunately not the case for now.

• Like 1

It's a shame, but so I have two doubts: When I'm using a paint job dlc, the other players that have the same dlc can see me correctly or ANYONE can see me at this moment The second is more a suggestion: If you can place the map extensions (which are dlc), can you place the other dlc(s) in the same way? Other games on Steam with multiplayer mode like Project cars or Dirt 3 have solved this dlc problem.

They are only suggestions and a good challenge for you. Thanks anyway for your work.

20 minutes ago, AlexP915 said:

When I'm using a paint job dlc, the other players that have the same dlc can see me correctly

That's the correct one

21 minutes ago, AlexP915 said:

Other games on Steam with multiplayer mode like Project cars or Dirt 3 have solved this dlc problem.

Yeah but these games always had a multiplayer mode - I'm not sure if we should even compare to them, because ETS and ATS were only made for single player and we are a 3rd-party mod which is not part of the game's author (SCS Software)

About the map DLCs: MP mod only allows you to play in the same game world with other people - it does not modify any other parts of the game. So if you don't have a certain map DLC installed, MP mod will still synchronize the player's location and movement even if there is no map at these coordinates for you

Christmas Paintjob DLC ATS

U guys gonna add these to ??? u already to late to get them in before x-mas 2016 .. u guys gonna make it before x-mas 2017 ???

worthless stuff like a wintermod has preference to be added over purchased dlc / paintjob packages ... ??

1 hour ago, wysoserieus said:

Christmas Paintjob DLC ATS

U guys gonna add these to ??? u already to late to get them in before x-mas 2016 .. u guys gonna make it before x-mas 2017 ???

worthless stuff like a wintermod has preference to be added over purchased dlc / paintjob packages ... ??

Ohh, and would you like a personal dev to make that all for you, huh?

Not all DLC's are easy to include in multiplayer. If you want it so soon, maybe you should apply for dev? I'm sure they would appreciate your help...

You will have to wait and be patient. When its supported, you will know about it.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• 8 months later...

I don´t really care about paintjobs but what I noticed is that with the DAF DLC if someone has DLC backlights on their truck I can´t see the lights when it is nighttime ingame. I hope that SCS somehow comes around with a solution so you can see DLC content but my expectations are low.

• 4 weeks later...

But like it has already been mentioned @slowlori this game is built for single player use. And SCS wouldn't implement it as there are no other players to see in SP. And the easy solution is to just buy the DLCS if you want to see them that badly.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

It hasn't really been said above yet, but this Mod isn't an official thing made by SCS Software. Hence why it's called a Mod.

Also, as mentioned above, DLC Paintjobs can only been seen by people who have bought the DLC theirselves. This will in no way be changed.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.