Ghosting abandoned Trailers

_Pingu_

Suggestion Name: Ghosting Abandoned Trailers
Suggestion Description: For example Trailers that are not hooked up to a players truck (left abandoned) would be ghosted 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: i think this should be implemented so when people of the trolling community decide they want to leave a trailer in the middle of the road to block the trailer would ghost out preventing much inconvenience to other players (i know admins are here to prevent these sorts of issues but they cant be everywhere at once so i think this would be a massive weight of there shoulders   

• Upvote 2

signbot (1).gif

On 12/29/2016 at 7:34 PM, InstantAvant said:

Not possible.

And how would you know that? When you become a developer of this mod, please give me a call....

Regardless, I'd love to see this implemented. It would definitely help with trolls blocking roads with their trailers, and would overall be a great addition to the game.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

@Mr_Pingu

First off, it's not really a big issue, if someone can link me a week or a months worth of footage of people deliberately abandons their trailers in the middle of the road with no possible or safe passing point, then fair enough, but in my honest opinion, it's not really worth the time coding for the small number of times it happens.

Also, although it sounds a good idea theoretically, put yourself in the mind of a troll, you have this new system that prevents you blocking roads with your trailer by making the trailer "ghost" or have no collisions, so what do you do? Drop your trailer, use simple hookup and wait till someone drives through your trailer, then reverse, hookup, collisions are enabled, trucks go flying, great for populated areas. There would have to be fail safes to stop that from occurring, and on that basis, I cannot support the idea unless something is added to stop trolls using their trailers for other purposes. 

@megadethsteve666 the reason i mentioned  admins in my suggestions is to try and stop people typing in (thats what admins are for) 

also if this suggestion was taken into consideration the off course there would be fail safes in place to prevent trucks going flying (for example when a truck drives through a ghosted trailer the ghosted trailer would remain ghosted until the truck driving through it is clear and out of the ghosted trailer regardless if the trailer is re-attached while another player is inside of it)

signbot (1).gif

On 12/29/2016 at 0:39 PM, Mr_Pingu said:

i think its possible becuase when you spawn in your truck is temporarily ghosted  

Your truck isn't ghosted.... If your truck was ghosted then we would have 0 issues with road spawners. You're only ghosted if you spawn in a NCZ............................................................

1 hour ago, Mr_Pingu said:

@megadethsteve666 the reason i mentioned  admins in my suggestions is to try and stop people typing in (thats what admins are for) 

also if this suggestion was taken into consideration the off course there would be fail safes in place to prevent trucks going flying (for example when a truck drives through a ghosted trailer the ghosted trailer would remain ghosted until the truck driving through it is clear and out of the ghosted trailer regardless if the trailer is re-attached while another player is inside of it)

My concern with this sort of idea is the Derps and trolls because you'll always get those people who bunch up to the guy in front of them and getting a no collide to work on a moveable object is extremely hard because of overlaps etc.

ideally it should be the case that if you disconnect your trailer on purpose, if you don't reconnect it within a minute for example, the it gets despawned and you get auto kicked and cannot reconnect until, you cancel your job.

thats a more effective and efficient way of stopping trolls dumping their trailers, because my fear is that instead of preventing trolls from doing the action, your idea is going to make them do it all the more because of the fear factor, I mean, how many drivers still stamp the brakes and swerve when in a ncz nowadays when they see another truck, even though you know you can drive through it no problem, the same applies here, the fear factor is still there which will make people brake hard and swerve, even though you can drive through the dumped trailer, so trolls will still leave their trailers hanging around just for that reason. 

On 12/30/2016 at 9:11 PM, Trucking Gekco said:

Your truck isn't ghosted.... If your truck was ghosted then we would have 0 issues with road spawners. You're only ghosted if you spawn in a NCZ............................................................

If you spawn inside someone it ghosts you i think. I found that out at H64 when 2 convoy operators loaded in the same save. But your not ghosted if you land in front of someone which is why road spawners are an issus :)

This could be a good idea but idk if it is possible though. 

If what I said was helpful or you liked it, please press the vote up button :)  

OnlyVolvoDriver.gifteam_team-veteran2.png

11 hours ago, abtrain said:

If you spawn inside someone it ghosts you i think. I found that out at H64 when 2 convoy operators loaded in the same save. But your not ghosted if you land in front of someone which is why road spawners are an issus :)

This could be a good idea but idk if it is possible though. 

Honestly people who road spawn in super populated areas are dumb, if there was a way for the server to note their loading point and shift it over to the side of the road, then problem solved. 

As as for the whole ghost blocking trailers? Like I said before, it's not that necessary because it's a rare thing that occurs and actually, there is a simple way to get passed a dumped trailer, if you use a wheel and shifter, gentle roll to it on one side, roll the clutch out and feed in power in the lowest gear you have and most of the time you can push the trailer around enough to fit through on both sides and without doing damage to yourself, something I tested in single player and  multiplayer. 

6 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Honestly people who road spawn in super populated areas are dumb, if there was a way for the server to note their loading point and shift it over to the side of the road, then problem solved. 

As as for the whole ghost blocking trailers? Like I said before, it's not that necessary because it's a rare thing that occurs and actually, there is a simple way to get passed a dumped trailer, if you use a wheel and shifter, gentle roll to it on one side, roll the clutch out and feed in power in the lowest gear you have and most of the time you can push the trailer around enough to fit through on both sides and without doing damage to yourself, something I tested in single player and  multiplayer. 

You just defeated your own point about puahing it out of the way. Quite a lot of people play with a keyboard and mouse and most of what you said about clutch and gears I did not understand and I would not be willing to ram another vehicle out of my way just to get to where I want to go my suggestion is a suggestion and you have made your opinion now please stop repeating your point. This suggestion is left to the community to decide weather this suggestion is a possible feature and the majority agree

with me 

Edited by Mr_Pingu

signbot (1).gif

1 minute ago, Mr_Pingu said:

You just defeated your own point about puahing it out of the way. Quite a lot of people play with a keyboard and mouse and most of what you said about clutch and gears I did not understand and I would not be willing to ram another vehicle out of my way just to get to where I want to go my suggestion is a suggestion and you have made your opinion now please stop repeating your point. This suggestion is left to the community to decide weather this suggestion is a possible feature and the majority agree

with me 

Well sucks to be them, but seriously, it's not a difficult concept to grabs, just a little finesse on the controls, whether you're a keyboard cat, controller maniac or steering wheel driver, finesse will get you to your destination, it's really not that hard of a concept honest, if you want, I could teach you some important trucking in multiplayer skills so you don't have to deal with other people's stupidity. 

Also, no, I will make my opinion know how often as I wish, don't like it, tuff luck, freedom of speech. 

To me, as an actual veteran driver, this idea just smacks of failure, of not achieving anywhere near what you expect of it, (also, thought this idea was familiar, did some ch caking and found a couple of rejected posts from a few years ago on the subject of ghosting blocking trailers) just saying bud.

Once again this is only a suggestion in which this idea will only proceed with the support of the community in which most fully support this idea of ghosting abandoned trailers I can only say that this suggestion only brings a positive effect among the online community with offcourse a few tweaks to prevent exploitation of this suggestion 

signbot (1).gif

14 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

I agree, those people are really dumb and deserved to get banned. If the server could do something like that it would be brilliant :) 

If what I said was helpful or you liked it, please press the vote up button :)  

OnlyVolvoDriver.gifteam_team-veteran2.png

• 2 years later...

People that leave their trailers on the road and drive away already have their trailers turn invisible on other's screens after some time. As such, I'd say this is already working in-game.

For smaller situations where someone just mistakenly detaches their trailer instead of opening the chat (since Y and T are next to each other), I don't think it's necessary to ghost the trailer. Think about this: What would happen if this occurred, then the user behind started driving forward into the trailer, then the trailer's owner got it attached again? That's going to create chaos and some flying trucks without some serious ghost mode reworking.

I'll go ahead and mark this as accepted since it's already working, just with some delay.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

• 5 months later...