Money Bug

ApocalypticDoom

Went to a mechanic shop to outfit my truck as i finished a delivery and leveled up, so i wanted to spruce up my truck. Afterwards i went to sleep since my guy needed it and woke up to having over 62 million in money. Before i slept i had a little over 70k. I'm not complaining, a lot of money isn't bad but personally for me it ruins the game, so i can't really play the MP version as i fear every time i sleep the game will make me sleep for like a years worth game wise.

2 hours ago, ApocalypticDoom said:

<quote>

On 11/25/2016 at 7:08 PM, Knucklecurve said:

I don't think people here are understanding his problem correctly... but this is not a bug at all.

Unlike in single player where the clock stops when you quit the game, the multiplayer server runs on its own server clock that never stops.  So when you sleep, f7+enter, take a ferry or train, your game clock will sync with the server clock.  Since the server clock has been running continuously since it first started in 2014, there would be a considerable amount of difference between your game clock and the server clock.  In this case, the server has cycled through 2400 days.  

On the money part, when your game clock syncs with the server clock, your games economy would have to calculate all the jobs your hired drivers would've done in those 2400 days or so.  That would accumulate to a lot of money depending on how many drivers you have.

To sum it up: no, it is not a bug.  If you want to earn the money legitimately, I would suggest making a copy of your single player profile to be used solely for multiplayer.  In your multiplayer copy, fire all your drivers in it before coming into multiplayer.  You can rehire your drivers after syncing with the server clock.  I hope this wasn't too confusing.

TL;DR:  Your game clock catches up with the continuous server clock, game cycles through all the jobs your drivers would've done.  Since the server clock has been continuously running since 2014 when this all started, clock difference would be large, hence the large money increase.

4 hours ago, Knucklecurve said:

TL;DR:  Your game clock catches up with the continuous server clock, game cycles through all the jobs your drivers would've done.  Since the server clock has been continuously running since 2014 when this all started, clock difference would be large, hence the large money increase.

Gotcha cuz i just looked. And i was on week 2 and the autosaves with the crap load of money were on week 371. So 371-2= 369 weeks times 7 days is 2,583 days which is similar to the 2400 mentioned above. Do you guys have any tips then on how to get rid of the money. I like doing it all fresh like that

6 hours ago, ApocalypticDoom said:

Gotcha cuz i just looked. And i was on week 2 and the autosaves with the crap load of money were on week 371. So 371-2= 369 weeks times 7 days is 2,583 days which is similar to the 2400 mentioned above. Do you guys have any tips then on how to get rid of the money. I like doing it all fresh like that

Load an autosave with 2 weeks on it and fire all your drivers before rejoining multiplayer.

• 7 months later...

Hi There,

This bug report has expired and will now be closed.

If you still experience this issue, feel free to make a new bug report and we will see what we can do in regards to helping you fixing the issue

Thanks & Happy Trucking!

/Archived

Archived