Difficult Parking in no collision zones, Suggestion to improve gameplay. :)

YelloSpank

Hello all, my name is Michele, i am a newbie and i am from Italy. I am 34 and i Like very much this game.

I posted This on another thread because i didn't find a topic that could match my request, but it was an old One, so i think could be' better to start a new topic, excuse me if i am talking of some old stuff.

Suggestion Name: Ghost Trucks When Parking in Companies' no Collision Zones
Suggestion Description: I think that parking in no collision zones is extremely difficult when someone approaches Park zone when u are manouvering yet to Park. I think that nearby Trucks (only the ones that match in your position) should be "ghosted", to avoid the problem of parking without seeing where ur trailer is going or how drive Tires are heading.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: I Guess This could improve the gameplay especially When a player is not so able Like veteran ones, but i think This Will be appreciated By more skilled drivers. Hope You Will consider This solution.

Thank You so much!

Edited by YelloSpank
I fixed to follow closely forum rules.

Hi,

Your suggestion post is: ''Ghost Trucks When Parking in Companies' no Collision Zones'', but the name of the zone says it all. It's a NoCollisionZone (NCZ), and that means that you can just drive through all the trucks and trailers that are in that zone. 

I don't really understand what you want, because first of all, your English isn't very good (Mine isn't perfect aswell, but I can understand a lot of English, but I just can't understand what you wrote..), and secondly, there already are NCZ's..

I hope you understand what I'm saying here.

Kind Regards,

CrazyPillow

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

What I wanted to say is that people should be free to Park their trailer without any other truck matching in them. When i am approaching a delivery zone to drop my cargo many Trucks around me start to match my position making the manouvering of my truck nearly impossibile because i can't completely see where my trailer is heading because of a lot of other Trucks crossing.

I request the possibility to make other Trucks appear Like transparent while they "match" my position.

I Hope that anyone Can understand my screwed up english. Thank you.

So let me get this straight, what you want is to have a system where when you enter a company drop off point, all other players who may block your view or be parking in the same spot as you are "removed" from your screen? 

That is is near impossible unless you are disconnected, reconnect as soon as you enter/exit the company, then that brings whole other issues too. 

Like you you I find it annoying that when it comes to parking, 9/10 times your sight line is blocked by other people, but really there not much that can be done unless a drastic change is made, such as allowing only one player to park in each zone at a time, which will give you clear sight but causes backups and annoyances. 

Uour best bet bet is to either do what I do and memorise the parking spots and angles to get in blind or to. Switch your parking to auto only and get in and out of busy drop areas fast. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

There are racing games in which you can activate an option of "Ghost car", so you race through a circuit and each lap you complete, the next you can see a "ghost" image of your car from the previous lap, it let's you see if your doing better, possible mistakes you made, etc. That ghost car is not invissible, obviously, and doesn't disrupt the viewing of the circuit. I don't know how difficult that would be to implement, but I think it would fit the OP suggestion. You'd still see the shapes of transparent trucks+trailers, but you'd be able to see the parking spot too, making it easier to maneuver. This (if possible) could be activated whenever a vehicle enters a NCZ. It would also help avoiding those crashes when entering or leaving, as if you can see the whole truck, it means that it's not completely inside the NCZ so you can crash into it. When it turns "transparent", you know that you can drive in/out risk free.

This is what I'm talking about:

Spoiler

e8ef525c2a5894f1c2f646f782c4c429.jpg

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

^ @FernandoCR Pretty sure that would require a change in the base game code, which could cause legal issues for MP. It's the same reason that the developers can't change the base map or change the base trucks, it is changing the intellectual property of SCS.

^^ Well, they changed it so no AI vehicles are driving on the roads. They changed it so one server has forced speed limiters. They changed it so the vanilla game's teleporting feature doesn't work in MP. And a lot of other things, I suppose. I don't know what they can or can't change, but the suggestion is good (IMO) and it would be nice to have an answer from the developers, if it can be done, if it can't, if they are willing to give it a try or whatever.

EDIT: I forgot the most obvious change the developers made from the original game and it's 100% related to this post: NCZ. Those don't exist in single player ;)

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

• Game Producer

Hi

I understand your suggestion, but that's not easy to implement in the game. When I started playing Multiplayer, I had the same "issue", but after playing a while this is not a problem anymore. I suggest trying to look at the white lines on the ground, this helps me a lot.

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2016 at 9:49 PM, CrazyPillow said:

Hi,

Your suggestion post is: ''Ghost Trucks When Parking in Companies' no Collision Zones'', but the name of the zone says it all. It's a NoCollisionZone (NCZ), and that means that you can just drive through all the trucks and trailers that are in that zone. 

Kind Regards,

CrazyPillow

That isn't strictly true. You can crash into some of the standalone trailers within the NCZ.

On 12/28/2016 at 11:51 PM, YelloSpank said:

What I wanted to say is that people should be free to Park their trailer without any other truck matching in them. When i am approaching a delivery zone to drop my cargo many Trucks around me start to match my position making the manouvering of my truck nearly impossibile because i can't completely see where my trailer is heading because of a lot of other Trucks crossing.

I request the possibility to make other Trucks appear Like transparent while they "match" my position.

There is an issue with this idea of a "ghost truck". When leaving the area it wouldn't be possible for other truckers to see you approaching the gate so therefore may crash into you when you suddenly appear; unless once the trailer has been delivered successfully, the ghost feature is forgotten and you return to normal drive mode within the NCZ.

Otherwise I would suggest for now, that you await the other player to finish parking before you attempt to. I tend to do this at the moment.

This idea gets my vote but I'm unsure if it will get implemented. +1

• Upvote 1

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

6 minutes ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

That isn't strictly true. You can crash into some of the standalone trailers within the NCZ.

There is an issue with this idea of a "ghost truck". When leaving the area it wouldn't be possible for other truckers to see you approaching the gate so therefore may crash into you when you suddenly appear; unless once the trailer has been delivered successfully, the ghost feature is forgotten and you return to normal drive mode within the NCZ.

Otherwise I would suggest for now, that you await the other player to finish parking before you attempt to. I tend to do this at the moment.

This idea gets my vote but I'm unsure if it will get implemented. +1

I actually wait for people to Park before approaching Park zone. I always do like this. But some players are not so kind to wait till i finish, making all my attempts useless and forcing me to go away and wait again for my turn. This is a bit annoying, You Can agree 

Thanks for supporting my idea.

1 hour ago, YelloSpank said:

I actually wait for people to Park before approaching Park zone. I always do like this. But some players are not so kind to wait till i finish, making all my attempts useless and forcing me to go away and wait again for my turn. This is a bit annoying, You Can agree 

Thanks for supporting my idea.

It's a NCZ. You don't need to WAIT YOUR TURN.

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

Agreed. Parking in MP is not a waiting line like one for the vending machine or coffee machine haha.

I agree that it is very difficult to park your trailer in busy areas and with other people constantly moving around your parking place. On the bigger pickup/delivery areas you can choose the option to auto park of course.

As already said its difficult to come up with a solution. I do not know what can be changed by code.. For example in the area of where you need to park you trailer +- 2 m around its best place to ghost but to include the whole NCZ i foresee isues with the entry and leaving caused by sudden appearance.

227300_screenshots_20160519185315_1.jpg

3 hours ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

If you have "Advanced Trailer Attach" or something like that turned on, then you can't drive through the trailers pin. If you have it turned off, then you can. So I am kinda right and kinda wrong, but you are aswell.

Kind Regards,

CrazyPillow 

3 hours ago, InstantAvant said:

It's a NCZ. You don't need to WAIT YOUR TURN.

I know that I don't Need to wait, but anyways i MUST wait, because It is impossible for me to Park without waiting.

Not all the players are the same, it's something to consider, i suppose.

1 hour ago, CrazyPillow said:

If you have "Advanced Trailer Attach" or something like that turned on, then you can't drive through the trailers pin. If you have it turned off, then you can. So I am kinda right and kinda wrong, but you are aswell.

Kind Regards,

CrazyPillow 

I meant the trailers which are standing in the depots. The ones which are separate to those being picked off or dropped off :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

1 hour ago, YelloSpank said:

I know that I don't Need to wait, but anyways i MUST wait, because It is impossible for me to Park without waiting.

Not all the players are the same, it's something to consider, i suppose.

You can at least see the green lines.

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

4 hours ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

I meant the trailers which are standing in the depots. The ones which are separate to those being picked off or dropped off :)

Hmm, maybe it's weird but I've never mentioned or seen that... :huh:

I've had it in both Going East and Scandinavia DLC's.

76561198116137604.png