Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

wtf is happening to my CPU?!?!

Miles!

PC wouldn't go past BIOS due to CPU being too hot, so turned my PC off, went to the shops to let it cool down a bit. 

I literally just turned it on, go straight into Corsair link and here we go, on for less than a few minutes and 100+ C temps.

82b98308e5037512daa165d342aa2be7.png

So, My cooler must be broken right?

Well, The fans are working fine so the radiator is getting air to it.  

I held the pipes and can feel water flowing, so it feels fine but that wasn't enough proof for me.

Tested it on both of my alternate PC's and it cools them perfectly. 

Maybe software controlling it? 

I reset to default, make sure everything is set up correctly. The temp graphs, fan speeds, everything configured perfectly and it's still insane temps. 

I don't understand what's happening, Cooler is fine, software is fine, No malware/Botnet issues. Not overclocked. 

Is my CPU broken? I don't understand how it can shoot up to 100C so quickly, especially on like, 4% load lmao.

I can use my PC fine, I'm writing this on it now, but, I assume due to the same issue, games just run like crap. 

Any help would be appreciated, once again due to PC issues I'm missing out on the WOT challenge.

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Just now, stilldre1976 said:

Something defo not right there matey id remove the cpu headshink and check the paste over, make sure nothings loose etc

Forgot to mention. 

I did that, paste seemed okay but there's was some burnt looking crusty stuff on the edge. I still have no idea what it is/was but it's pretty concerning. 

I wiped off the thermal paste, put new on. 

03e1098277a73cf99a3c0abaaad423af.jpge38238ed4df8a2803d36f507e4d3e4b3.jpg

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

If its that high....your CPU has no cooling at all. I have to keep the pump on 100% at all times, ensure your pump is not plugged into the "CPU Fan" header on the motherboard and it stays on 100% using the BIOS.

Also ensure there are no twists in the tubes and that all the screws are tight and the backplate is in the correct position.

I went into the BIOS and disabled the motherboards ability to control the speed of the pump, its stuck on 100% at all times. The fans are plugged into a Fan controller which I keep on 30%, CPU never goes over 40

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived