Your G27 experience

Gama

Question

It is worth buying, a whole lot more relistic and you will enjoy the game even more.  Heck, Im only using a Driving Force GT (which Ive only had a few weeks - used to use an XBox controller) which only has brake and sequential (G27 has H-Shifter + Clutch) and wouldn't drive without a wheel again. 

Both wheels have force feedback so you will "feel" the road, the heavyness of the steering etc.  Get one, its worth the money and pays for itself.

Okay great mini reviews on how it work with ETS2. I'm also looking forward in getting one myself.

I enjoy mine. In ets2 the force feed back is odd where when it gets tighter it kind of rumbles a little. (Only noticed in ets2). I think there is a plugin to get rid of it but I havnt found it.

You should be able to disable vibration feedback from regular settings in game. 

76561198004956580.png

G27 is on sale at newegg.com for $191.99   ->    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104330

I'm seriously debating, whether I should get it. It's a $100 in savings.

In-game nick: GeekPolak

Youtube Channel - Map editor tutorials for American Truck Simulator and more.  

Twitch Channel - Streaming trucking and other games.

Twitter - Updates when I go live.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

Trucks have 12 gears on average. How do you shift, when G27 shifter has only 6 gears? Did you experience any issues with the wheel after a while?

I'm about to order it today, I would appreciate feedback.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Thanks.

I recommend to use the Splitter transmission, I have been using it since I got the g27, I only have to use the toggle when changing from gear 11 to 12, usually on freeways and high speeds.

if you dont have the money yet for this controller, get an xbox controller, it works well, im using it if i am feeling lazy setting up the wheels because I cant afford a playseat yet.

I recommend to use the Splitter transmission, I have been using it since I got the g27, I only have to use the toggle when changing from gear 11 to 12, usually on freeways and high speeds.

if you dont have the money yet for this controller, get an xbox controller, it works well, im using it if i am feeling lazy setting up the wheels because I cant afford a playseat yet.

I have just ordered it from amazon. Early Christmas gift from my wife.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

My G27 has arrived last night. Great wheel, awesome impressions. I recommend it, while it's on sale.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Not trying to hijack the thread, but another good question to add to this discussion would be 'How does the G27 compare to other, cheaper wheels on the market?'

But I agree with NV1S1ON, I went from a gamepad controller to an Xbox 360 wheel and I will never go back.

A G27 can't really be compared to a budget wheel. I've used my friends G27 and it's something else! It's a totally unique experience. 

I personally use the Logitech Driving Force GT. No clutch or H-shifter, but at £60 pre-owned it's a bargain. You still get the 900 degrees of rotation and a sequential shift. 

The Driving Force GT can be compared to a budget wheel as I also own a Drift O.Z. 180 degrees rotation, but the game picks it up as a joypad and not a wheel.

The reliability of budget wheels is also something to be cautious about.

For the best experience, I'd highly recommend both the Driving Force GT and the G27, settling for something else might not give you the experience you want. 

Logitech Driving Force GT |
                                                       MAN TGX V8 "Solo" | 

Volvo FH16 750 "Convoy" |
                                                                                                                                           Volvo FH16 Classic 750 "Track" |

Drive safe, drive well.