"Other" option in report tab.

katethegreat

Suggestion Name: "Other" Option in Reporting Tab
Suggestion Description: When reporting a player, we have to pick some reason(s) to report the player for. One of those options are other, once we would click that option we would have to fill out a short summary of what the player is doing. Just clicking "other" gives the admin no clue whatsoever on what is going on.

Any example images: No.

Why should it be added?: So the admins won't be as confused in the reports, so they can know directly what they are looking for.

• Upvote 3

I do agree that there should be a few more options on the ingame report menu. I do like the idea of a "text box" on the "Other" report but this will just turn the whole system back to how it used to be "/report xxxx He rammed me and my friend and i think he deserves a ban". Plus, if you have ever tried to change your ingame TAG, you will know that your lights turn on, windshield wipers, menus etc... so if someone was to type in the MP menu whilst driving, they will be sent flying or their lights and stuff will turn on.

Best way of reporting is to "Record, Upload, Report, Relax".

+1 to added options on the InGame report menu however all of this has been suggested many times before so please use the search function next time :D 

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Hi there @katethegreat,

Firstly, suggestions in a similar context have been suggested before. If you use the search function, you may find your suggested has already been suggested.

Secondly, I do like your idea, but having to fill out a summary in the report tab, would make the time the admins look at them a lot slower, because they would have to read this 'summary' before claiming the report.

I do think some more options on In-game reports are needed, but a summary seems a little too time consuming. I do believe they has a system in the past where you typed in the report. Would that now take it back to that a little?

Overall, I agree with more options for in-game reporting, but not for filling out a summary box.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

The problem with adding a text box would be the same the admins had before the current system was put in place. People had to open the chat, type /report <id> <reason>. And a lot of people wouldn't bother translating <reason> into English, so a lot of the reports would come in turkish, chinese, spanish, italian, etc. Admins would see reports but wouldn't be able to understand most of them. With offline reporting system, there's time to search for a translation or another admin knowing the language. Adding a couple more options in the report box would be fine, but a text box is not a good idea. So, ±1 from me.

6 hours ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

I do agree that there should be a few more options on the ingame report menu. I do like the idea of a "text box" on the "Other" report but this will just turn the whole system back to how it used to be "/report xxxx He rammed me and my friend and i think he deserves a ban". Plus, if you have ever tried to change your ingame TAG, you will know that your lights turn on, windshield wipers, menus etc... so if someone was to type in the MP menu whilst driving, they will be sent flying or their lights and stuff will turn on.

Best way of reporting is to "Record, Upload, Report, Relax".

+1 to added options on the InGame report menu however all of this has been suggested many times before so please use the search function next time :D 

Thank you. :D

Also, I forgot about the search function. Sorry. :P 

6 hours ago, Attached said:

Hi there @katethegreat,

Firstly, suggestions in a similar context have been suggested before. If you use the search function, you may find your suggested has already been suggested.

Secondly, I do like your idea, but having to fill out a summary in the report tab, would make the time the admins look at them a lot slower, because they would have to read this 'summary' before claiming the report.

I do think some more options on In-game reports are needed, but a summary seems a little too time consuming. I do believe they has a system in the past where you typed in the report. Would that now take it back to that a little?

Overall, I agree with more options for in-game reporting, but not for filling out a summary box.

Forgot about the Search Function. Sorry. :P 

5 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

The problem with adding a text box would be the same the admins had before the current system was put in place. People had to open the chat, type /report <id> <reason>. And a lot of people wouldn't bother translating <reason> into English, so a lot of the reports would come in turkish, chinese, spanish, italian, etc. Admins would see reports but wouldn't be able to understand most of them. With offline reporting system, there's time to search for a translation or another admin knowing the language. Adding a couple more options in the report box would be fine, but a text box is not a good idea. So, ±1 from me.

Thanks for the feedback. :D

Well in old days just like @El1teZombiezHD  said report where used as chat, ( example, hello admin, how are you admin, admin help plies.) That why the system changed into the current one to prevent such spam in reports, so if this text box returns it could start again.

Adding more options might be a better idea then a text box.

On 12/23/2016 at 8:36 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Well in old days just like @El1teZombiezHD  said report where used as chat, ( example, hello admin, how are you admin, admin help plies.) That why the system changed into the current one to prevent such spam in reports, so if this text box returns it could start again.

Adding more options might be a better idea then a text box.

True adding more options would help us a lot. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Ashley locked this topic