The never ending "invalid version" story

Mjr.Brixx

Question

Hi everybody,

after reading mostly all tips ans tricks for the "invalid version" problem, multiplayer ist still not running.

The actual version you should have is 1.26.3s. The version of ETS2 I have is 1.26.3s .

So, I un/reinstalled the MP, tried the patch......but nothing worked.

It still tells me that I have the wrong version of the game.

Anybody can help me?

7 answers to this question

for some reason, I have a steam folder in my C drive and I have a steam folder in my C://Program Files 
when I updated the MP installed it pointed to the wrong one. I just reinstalled and made sure I pointed it to the ETS2 folder in C;//program files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Euro Truck Simulator 2 and its working!!

btw i'm using Win10 64bit

Hello, 

What you need to do is change your beta settings to NONE- Opt out of all beta programs then it should start working perfectly. NONE- Opt out of all betas programs also runs 1.26 so you have nothing to worry about! 

the way you can solve this situation is goto

1) Your Steam Library

2) Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' 

3) Go to Properties

4) goto 'BETAS'

5) When selecting a beta choose NONE- Opt out of all beta programs

Hope this helps, happy trucking!

Edited by Smalley

I allways got the same Problem. Like now.. It´s a tough fight, to be always on the right update. Now for me my ETS 2 Version is to old for Truckersmp Version. I will wait some days and hope to get Autoupdated by Steam.. Good Luck with the right Version my Friend

9 hours ago, Mjr.Brixx said:

Hi everybody,

after reading mostly all tips ans tricks for the "invalid version" problem, multiplayer ist still not running.

The actual version you should have is 1.26.3s. The version of ETS2 I have is 1.26.3s .

So, I un/reinstalled the MP, tried the patch......but nothing worked.

It still tells me that I have the wrong version of the game.

Anybody can help me?

Download the winter mod. the supported ets2 version is 1.26.3s + wintermod, not just 1.26.3s