Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Update the rules about ghosting with the wintermod.

Save

Suggestion Name: Update the rules about ghosting with the wintermod.
Suggestion Description: If you have the wintermod installed, it is still night time at around 7:00am, but on the rules it says this:

"Driving without lights or Ghost driving

Driving in the dark without lights is forbidden. From 7PM (19:00) to 7AM (07:00), headlights must be on."

There should be something about the time if you are using the wintermod. It stays dark until around 9:00am.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It will stop more people from ghosting and it will also stop staff members from getting confused I guess... :D 

Edited by _Lee_
  • Upvote 8

Totally agree!

Skeay, le retour.

Chauffeur indépendant.             

Joueur depuis 2014.

Player since 2014.                                                                                                                                                                         

I definitely agree with you here. Maybe just some temp rules to be put in place while the Winter Mod is supported in-game, but I think that there should be some sort of rules reflecting ghost driving with the Winter Mod, so +1.

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hello

Some of the players might not use the Winter mod

Sure the rules says

Driving without lights or Ghost driving

Driving in the dark without lights is forbidden. From 7PM (19:00) to 7AM (07:00), headlights must be on

And for the ones with the Mod on would have it darker for a longer period of time.

My game seems to get dark enough for headlights around 7PM (19:00) as per-usual and brightens up around 7-9 AM.

If this were to be implemented it would only be temporary through out the Winter Season but would then be discarded when the Winter Mod is disabled.

I'll stay natural on this as I have not compared the day/night cycle (Lighting on both ends) in-game yet.

• Upvote 1

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

(and because why not a 3rd post in a row by FM)

19 minutes ago, _Lee_ said:

There should be something about the time if you are using the wintermod. It stays dark until around 9:00am.

There's one little problem: how are those who don't use the winter mod goig to see whether is still too dark to turn their lights off?

IMO changing the rules for like 2-3 months will cause some chaos - I wonder if we can get something like "always-on mode" enabled together with the winter mod (you will see people's lights always on if you have the winter mod)?

-1 if it's still dark for you, obviously your lights will be on so you'll see the truck coming towards you at a far enough distance to avoid, plus with the dots on the GPS you can't say you didn't know they were there because you'll see them on the map.

personally, it should be said that sidelights should be on past 7am for those without the winter mod, as most of us drive sidelights on during the day, it's the most natural and easy thing to do.

having your lights on when it's super light in game is just horrible, plus, putting a rule in isn't going to stop people from following the normal rule of lights off at 7am. I mean, even with the normal rules, you get people driving with no lights on at night, so adding a temp rule for winter isn't going to make a single bit of difference, those who are smart, will have lights on, those that don't, don't. 

@Trucking Gekco honestly, if a rule was brought in to force people to have their lights on 24/7 I would uninstall mp or get banned everyday because I don't believe in having lights on during the day unless it's bad weather, I'll only ever have sidelights on during the day, but never low beams, for one it hurts my eyes and saturates the road so I personally can't see the centre line at all, and it's not an actual rule in my own country, we are not required to have our lights on no matter the time or day. 

^ Nononoo lol, didn't mean to say a rule should be implemented for it, that would be stupid. Would just be better if players would keep their lights on all the time, or at least the markers. I'm just used to having lights on 24/7 because in Canada, or at least in my province, cars are required to have daytime running lights so you see headlights everywhere you go xD

• Upvote 1

Though the rules do not explicity state that it is required to use headlights during the day, it says that it is forbidden to drive without lights in the dark.

Furthermore, it goes without saying that headlights shall always be used when it is required by light- and visibility conditions.

However, to extend the rules independant of temporary mods I suggest to add

Headlights are required to be on between 30 minutes before sunset and 30 minutes after sunrise.

23 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

^ Nononoo lol, didn't mean to say a rule should be implemented for it, that would be stupid. Would just be better if players would keep their lights on all the time, or at least the markers. I'm just used to having lights on 24/7 because in Canada, or at least in my province, cars are required to have daytime running lights so you see headlights everywhere you go xD

Meanwhile, for my country, you don't even need sidelights on during the day, it's not a requirement at all, only in bad weather conditions or night time. 

Plus, if anyone is like me, having lights on low beams all day causes extreme frame issues in mp, hence why I only run with sidelights on and I only do that because of dashboard lights and so people with different weather settings can see me. 

11 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Though the rules do not explicity state that it is required to use headlights during the day, it says that it is forbidden to drive without lights in the dark.

Furthermore, it goes without saying that headlights shall always be used when it is required by light- and visibility conditions.

However, to extend the rules independant of temporary mods I suggest to add

Headlights are required to be on between 30 minutes before sunset and 30 minutes after sunrise.

First of all, the current rules are lights on at 7pm, lights off 7am, has been for the last 6 months or so, plus, to you it might be super bright at 6am, but to someone else it might be still fairly dark due to weather settings and general brightness.

secondly, stating that lights are required half an hour before sunrise and sunset will make no difference as for those without the winter mod, it gets dark around half 7-8pm and light around 6.30am, yet those with the mod have earlier sunsets and later sunrises so you'll get people "ghosting" because for them, it's light out. 

Ideally, there should be a temporary rule dictating that the minimum of sidelights-low beams should be kept on from when it gets dark in the winter mod, till it gets light, if you do not install the mod.. that then means there's the best of both worlds, those with the mod can still see those without and those without can always follow their normal routine.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 1:33 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

First of all, the current rules are lights on at 7pm, lights off 7am, has been for the last 6 months or so, plus, to you it might be super bright at 6am, but to someone else it might be still fairly dark due to weather settings and general brightness.

Even If somebody's screen shows bright daylight at 6am (for example due to high gamma corrections) the rules to drive with headlights turned on until 7am would still apply.

secondly, stating that lights are required half an hour before sunrise and sunset will make no difference as for those without the winter mod, it gets dark around half 7-8pm and light around 6.30am, yet those with the mod have earlier sunsets and later sunrises so you'll get people "ghosting" because for them, it's light out.

I did not say "lights are required half an hour before sunrise and sunset". It would not make sense to require lights until half an hour before sunrise.

I said "Headlights are required to be on between 30 minutes before sunset and 30 minutes after sunrise."

Ideally, there should be a temporary rule dictating that the minimum of sidelights-low beams should be kept on from when it gets dark in the winter mod, till it gets light, if you do not install the mod.. that then means there's the best of both worlds, those with the mod can still see those without and those without can always follow their normal routine.

Another suggestion is to that everybody is required to turn on their headlights 24/7.

I have my side lights on 24/7 Got fed up with winter mod

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

I'm from Canada, I keep my lights on most of the time, no problem there.

I played the game with and without the mod, and with the wintermod, it already starts to get dark at 5 PM I believe. I also tried to report 3 guys (could have reported way more) and it was between 4 and 6 AM in-game time. But one of the admin said that the guys may not have wintermod. I don't understand his logic... But I should have been more clear about what time it was during the recording. Time was displayed on truck dash but route advisor was hidden.

KkdaC1b.png

If the user(s) haven't got the mod activated then they're not ghosting or breaking any rules, even if they are driving in the dark for those with it activated. Without forcing the mod to be activated for all users (ruining the experience for those that don't want it), I can't see a rule being added/changed.

The administration team used to post announcements in-game regarding having your lights on due to the wintermod, whether or not this still happens I don't know as I don't play much. <-- Admins, feel free to chime in here regarding this :lol:

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

1 hour ago, Katizuki said:

If the user(s) haven't got the mod activated then they're not ghosting or breaking any rules, even if they are driving in the dark for those with it activated. Without forcing the mod to be activated for all users (ruining the experience for those that don't want it), I can't see a rule being added/changed.

The administration team used to post announcements in-game regarding having your lights on due to the wintermod, whether or not this still happens I don't know as I don't play much. <-- Admins, feel free to chime in here regarding this :lol:

The winter mod simulates an earlier dusk and a later dawn.

To users that have activated the winter mod, users without activated winter mod will appear to drive without headlights turned on at (their) dark.

Because they do not know which user has activated the winter mod, it is possible that they will report them.

However, you are right:

regarding to driving without lights at dark, none of the above described user groups is actually violating a rule as long as the activation of the winter mod is not mandatory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.