Version 0.2.1.4.0 Released

mwl4

22 hours ago, bahnzo said:

Ok, so here's what I can tell from the speed limiter....

External(WoT) contracts are limited to 55mph/37mph in cities. Regular freight is 68/37mph cities. The real problem here, is that many times when you are driving on the interstate, you are considered to be in a city, so even tho the speed limit is 70mph, you are being forced to drive 37. That alone is reason to remove this nonsense. 

I get it though...I've only driven online for a few days, and I've seen plenty of morons who refuse to follow rules of the road. I'd say, "fine, report and ban those morons" but after reading the rules about reporting, it seems unless you bother to record your game play then there's no hope of actually anything happening to these people. Trying to slow people down kinda makes sense, but let's not punish the 95% of us who drive correctly because a few idiots try to ruin it. 

i'm with you on this friend all the way. punish the speeders and idiots not the genuine players.

6 hours ago, MrAshieB said:

This speed limit imposed on World of Trucks contracts is issued by SCS Software, not TruckersMP. If you play offline, singleplayer, and select an External Contract, you will notice the same speed limit of 55 MPH.

No it's not. Offline, the ATS speed limit on WoT contracts are 65mph. 

5 hours ago, AchtungZboom said:

If the goal is realism then 55mph on a california highway is NOT hitting that goal. I do not even need it to be over 70 I was perfectly happy with my rig at 65 but 55 is insane and makes no sense on the roads we are talking about.

Actually that is accurate, the speed limit for trucks in California is 55MPH, and in many places they're strictly restricted to the far right lane.  You even think about passing a slower truck and there's a CHP officer in your mirror shaking his finger at you...

That being said- @T3xasLonewolf is absolutely right about company trucks being the only ones governed.  Unless you're taking the "quick loads," we're simulating an owner/operator environment.  The FMCSA hasn't implemented a nationwide CMV speed limit (yet).  The truck in my avatar will do 80 easily with plenty of breathing room, and I've put a lot of miles on it at those speeds.  As a former truck driver forced to medically retire 3 years ago, I loved the camaraderie of TruckersMP, but I'll stick to single player from now on if this unrealistic speed limiter is a permanent "feature."

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, HAR_Sabre said:

Actually that is accurate, the speed limit for trucks in California is 55MPH, and in many places they're strictly restricted to the far right lane.  You even think about passing a slower truck and there's a CHP officer in your mirror shaking his finger at you...

That being said- @T3xasLonewolf is absolutely right about company trucks being the only ones governed.  Unless you're taking the "quick loads," we're simulating an owner/operator environment.  The FMCSA hasn't implemented a nationwide CMV speed limit (yet).  The truck in my avatar will do 80 easily with plenty of breathing room, and I've put a lot of miles on it at those speeds.  As a former truck driver forced to medically retire 3 years ago, I loved the camaraderie of TruckersMP, but I'll stick to single player from now on if this unrealistic speed limiter is a permanent "feature."

I agree with you. I am a former driver of over 20 years and had to retire my truck early do to heart problems. Yet I always loved MP. Hanging out with former drivers and friends. But after today I think single player is better. I took two hot loads on MP for more in game money and was late on both, costing me twice the amount they paid. Maybe SCS will some day create a way two players can join single player like other games. I'd truck with ya and hash the old days on the road while dodging the AI! LOL

• Upvote 2

Guest The6thRegime

(sorry for bad english)

hello could anyone see DLC truck parts to others who dont have dlc because some says it wont show to them and it would show orange and some missing parts like the new Michelin tires

^It is not supported, because there is no trailer (from the non-DLC ones) in the game which is big enough to replace Schwarzmuller for people who don't have that DLC, so they will start to sink, jump and stutter around*, so going around this problem is difficult.

That's what happens in e.g. SAMP when you use a mod with different collision box than the one of the game's original model - people see you sinking or glitching around

(edit to prevent potential misunderstanding: I used to play on SAMP servers and the same issue occurs, but there weren't any DLCs, while here the content is from a DLC....)

Edited by FirestarteR93

Just now, JDnL said:

My ETS2 has just updated to 1.26.3.6s and now i can't play TruckersMP. Can someone help me?

ets.PNG

New version of Euro Truck Simulator is not supported by TruckersMP. 

Developers will release the last version of TruckersMP mod as soon as possible.

Please be patient!

Just now, ArmiNNN said:

New version of Euro Truck Simulator is not supported by TruckersMP. 

Developers will release the last version of TruckersMP mod as soon as possible.

Please be patient!

There is a way to I downgrade it ?