Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Version 0.2.1.4.0 Released

mwl4

4 hours ago, Jeremyv1990 said:

everyone quit your whining about speed limiters maybe they need to add them to all the servers because mp is just a fuck fest for idiots who go 500mph everywhere and cause accidents and drive like retards if you wanna go fast go play gta v or a racing game this is a truck simulator trucks in real life dont do stupid crap like the idiots who complain because they cant do 500mph like they want to big babies gosh.. I hope devs read this because they seriously need to add some serious dampeners and speed restrictions to all servers maybe itl reduce the amount of stupid truckers who cant play the game the way its meant to be played.

This is a bug, not only are you restricted to 68mph ( this is pulling a load or bob-tailing / Contract loads are limited to only 65mph) with this bug on ATS/USA TMP server you can be penalized for a damaged load when you have had a clean run with no problems... and on the ATS ( single or MP ) you have 75 mph to 80 mph speed limits on some roads....

and honestly with your strong opinions, maybe you should stick to single player mode as it may provide a more calmer environment for you as ATS/ETS2 is just a game made to Simulate a feel for real life, but is far, far, far from real life trucking industry.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, T3xasLonewolf said:

This is a bug, not only are you restricted to 68mph ( this is pulling a load or bob-tailing / Contract loads are limited to only 65mph) with this bug on ATS/USA TMP server you can be penalized for a damaged load when you have had a clean run with no problems... and on the ATS ( single or MP ) you have 75 mph to 80 mph speed limits on some roads....

and honestly with your strong opinions, maybe you should stick to single player mode as it may provide a more calmer environment for you as ATS/ETS2 is just a game made to Simulate a feel for real life, but is far, far, far from real life trucking industry.  

Well sorry for the language admins and devs moderators. But texas if you read my post just saying this isnt me saying anything about bugs or anything with the update im agreeing with what they did im saying they need to enforce the speed limiter on all servers of ats and ets2 mp. Mainly more with ets2 because players on there just do what they want and nothing happens to them and they get away with it and thats because oh well we can speed however fast we want and not get in trouble for it so thats why im saying if theyre gunna add speed limiters do it to all the servers because they really need it. Ets2 is just a big fest of trolls and little kids that think its fun and funny to hit ram and do what they please with the capacity of oh hey i can go super fast oooh another player blam and then that player gets raged and its an on going cycle that needs to be fixed and addressed.

Truckers MP is dead now(for me at least it is). Even though there's people who speed or drive crazy, there are still people who don't cause problems that just enjoy the freedom of going a little faster than 68mph.  I don't see the point in hurting people who play the game properly.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jeremyv1990 said:

they need to enforce the speed limiter on all servers of ats and ets2 mp.

22 minutes ago, Mamzor said:

Even though there's people who speed or drive crazy, there are still people who don't cause problems that just enjoy the freedom of going a little faster than 68mph.  I don't see the point in hurting people who play the game properly.

1 hour ago, T3xasLonewolf said:

Sorry for interrupting your discussion, but MP is not about dividing or restricting users - MP allows you to play with all kind of people from all over the world in any way you like*. After all we are here to relax and have fun with friends (and laugh at silly fails) - we cannot force people to strictly obey every rule/law on the planet - it is up to you where, with what, with who and how you want go

*consequences may apply

• Upvote 2

My convoy always travels at nearly 80 MPH, and now were limited to 68 MPH, The scale of the map is seriously impressive however the fact you have put in a "governor"* is about the worst thing you can do, if someone falls behind they can't catch back up as easily as they used too. Plus some of us like to outrun the trolls that tend to hang around and try to take out convoys. This whole babysitter that you have put on the game is strictly insultive to most of us who abide by the rules but don't like taking all day to do a load. This new "addition" is also coming before some of the things that we have needed. How about improving the report system to make it easier for us to report people who are doing things they shouldn't. How about you fix some of the lagging issues your servers have caused. How about actually letting people play the GAME like it is just that, a game. Doing little things like that really start to kill the fun out of games. Remove the limiter, and actually give us features that we will like. 

-A now former ATS-MP trucker, RIP

*The real life version of a speed limiter is a governor, and that's why i called it that. 

• Upvote 3

Ok, so here's what I can tell from the speed limiter....

External(WoT) contracts are limited to 55mph/37mph in cities. Regular freight is 68/37mph cities. The real problem here, is that many times when you are driving on the interstate, you are considered to be in a city, so even tho the speed limit is 70mph, you are being forced to drive 37. That alone is reason to remove this nonsense. 

I get it though...I've only driven online for a few days, and I've seen plenty of morons who refuse to follow rules of the road. I'd say, "fine, report and ban those morons" but after reading the rules about reporting, it seems unless you bother to record your game play then there's no hope of actually anything happening to these people. Trying to slow people down kinda makes sense, but let's not punish the 95% of us who drive correctly because a few idiots try to ruin it. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, hawkinsm210 said:

My convoy always travels at nearly 80 MPH, and now were limited to 68 MPH, The scale of the map is seriously impressive however the fact you have put in a "governor"* is about the worst thing you can do, if someone falls behind they can't catch back up as easily as they used too. Plus some of us like to outrun the trolls that tend to hang around and try to take out convoys. This whole babysitter that you have put on the game is strictly insultive to most of us who abide by the rules but don't like taking all day to do a load. This new "addition" is also coming before some of the things that we have needed. How about improving the report system to make it easier for us to report people who are doing things they shouldn't. How about you fix some of the lagging issues your servers have caused. How about actually letting people play the GAME like it is just that, a game. Doing little things like that really start to kill the fun out of games. Remove the limiter, and actually give us features that we will like. 

-A now former ATS-MP trucker, RIP

*The real life version of a speed limiter is a governor, and that's why i called it that. 

Yes I have foun this out today also it keeps me at 68 mph....also I tried to use the pilot car and it kicked me and said you cannot use car on sim server.... strange they totally nerfed the game now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, usablezebra said:

Yes I have foun this out today also it keeps me at 68 mph....also I tried to use the pilot car and it kicked me and said you cannot use car on sim server.... strange they totally nerfed the game now

How do you get 68 mph. I only get 55 mph max! I think I'll be on single player until this is removed from the servers. Your lucky to get 68.

• Upvote 1

I thought id enjoy the speed limiter but its completely made the game so much more un enjoyable like how do you get 37 on a highway speedlimiter for high way should not restrict you from actually doing the proper speed limits say in areas of 65 u should be able to do 65 and areas of 70 or even 75 or 80 mph you should be able to do that but 55 on the rescale. Come on i mean like really people wanna play and drive with their friends but they dont wanna spend the entire day just doing a single load because the speed limiter is aids. please remove it because so far i can tell mp has lost alot of its users.

• Upvote 2

I understand the need for a speed limiter on the ATS servers but I am baffled by the limit to External Contracts of 55mph. I just can not understand why that is a thing. Why not let them go as fast as other contracts (68).

Maybe I am just not aware of why but any info on that would be great. 

• Upvote 1

so this is not a bug, error, this is speed restrictions by TMP devs, and ATS has more open highways / roadways then ETS and ETS seems to have more player abuse then ATS, but ATS must suffer because of speeding, ramming abuse going on in ETS??? where is the logic in that???? and without a single noticed that all this was being done??? LOL......LOL....LOL..... sorry i have to laugh this off or I would be perm ban for saying what is on my mind.... I love ATS, allows me to kill time when I am off the road from the real trucking Industry, but speed restrictions on a 80 mph interstate at 68 mph is not cool, especially when it may be 30 minutes to an hour before you are even near another player on ATS during peek hours of playing....  it's just not cool, not cool at all... I'll just uninstall TMP as it seems they are losing the ability to control what they have created.... ADIOS AMIGOS!!!!! 

3 hours ago, AchtungZboom said:

I understand the need for a speed limiter on the ATS servers but I am baffled by the limit to External Contracts of 55mph. I just can not understand why that is a thing. Why not let them go as fast as other contracts (68).

Maybe I am just not aware of why but any info on that would be great. 

This speed limit imposed on World of Trucks contracts is issued by SCS Software, not TruckersMP. If you play offline, singleplayer, and select an External Contract, you will notice the same speed limit of 55 MPH.

Whilst it may be frustrating at first, I have adapted to it, and brings more realism to the game. Trucks, in real life, don't generally drive round at 70-80 MPH.

5 hours ago, Bigdave (GB) said:

With the latest version, I am getting an error saying that the client version number doesn't match the one on the server (or something along those lines), despite updating to the latest version within the launcher. Any ideas?

If you try delete it from everything and try reinstall it and see what it says, if it doesn't work then put a Support Ticket (https://support.truckersmp.com/)

2 hours ago, golddigger721 said:

I tried it again and now can't get connected to the server at all with the newest update.

What seems to be the issue? Currently I am having difficulty connecting, also. I receive a message in the upper-right corner saying 'In Queue'. I never seem to connect, and I don't receive feedback on my position in the queue anymore.

6 minutes ago, MrAshieB said:

This speed limit imposed on World of Trucks contracts is issued by SCS Software, not TruckersMP. If you play offline, singleplayer, and select an External Contract, you will notice the same speed limit of 55 MPH.

Whilst it may be frustrating at first, I have adapted to it, and brings more realism to the game. Trucks, in real life, don't generally drive round at 70-80 MPH.

wanna bet??? only fleet maintained company trucks are speed restricted while Owner/Operators or smaller companies are not restricted... one problem that plaques the US is speed restricted trucks on major roadways and highways as they will created back ups and frustrate motorist on interstates... imagine driving in your car on a 80 mph highway ( which is the highest speed limit allowed in the USA ) and you are on curse control just driving along and then a 18 wheeler switches lanes in front of you to pass another 18 wheeler, but now you had to slow down from 80 mph to 65 mph, which is the common speed restriction of fleet commercial trucks in the USA, but you noticed the truck in front of you is only doing 65 mph and trying to pass the other 18 wheeler who also seems to be doing 65 mph but the true speed between both trucks at their time of travel may be a difference of 1 to 2 mph, so now you have been following a truck who is trying to pass another truck for 2 to 3 miles now because of speed restrictions.... and honestly you may not understand the concept.. but this is just a game.... not real life... and should be treated accordingly and TMP should be able to have resources to deal with problems of player abuse rather then restrict everyone who is NOT a problem.... just my opinion 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, MrAshieB said:

Yeah, but trucks, in real life, don't generally drive around* in competently empty roads in a deserted environment where it's boring as hell.
1- It's too boring to do that now there is nobody. 2- In a realism standpoint, it's also not realistic, if there was the same amount of traffic in real life than in ATS-MP, I'm pretty sure the trucks wouldn't be speed limited
Also, there is some highways in the game at 80mph,, but now we all got to go to 68mph, is that realistic?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Graywolf-ky said:

I used to drive a 63 mph truck all over the lower 48. so yeah its realistic.

I had to do some research to understand what you meant.
I found out that the Highway 48 is 50, 37 or 31mph speed limit (For those who wondered)

23 minutes ago, Graywolf-ky said:

I used to drive a 63 mph truck all over the lower 48. so yeah its realistic.

LOL this just a game...... not realism I have been driving in the real world for the last 20 years, I own my own rig, I am not restricted to a certain speed, and only fleet maintained / company fleet trucks are speed restricted to a certain speed for better fuel conception and to save wear & tear on equipment... speed limits of interstates have been raised from 65 day/ 55 night to 65 at anytime inside city limits or other wise posted at lower speeds by the city/county/state and 70 at anytime outside city limits and 75 to 80 in rural areas of highways and interstates unless posted lower due to county/state speed limits.

But to restrict in~game speed limit due to player abuse is asinine to those who do not abuse the game

here is some reading material:

http://www.truckercountry.com/trucker-resources/trip-planning/speed-limits/

https://www.thebalance.com/commercial-vehicle-speed-limits-by-state-1361600

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_the_United_States

1 hour ago, MrAshieB said:

If the goal is realism then 55mph on a california highway is NOT hitting that goal. I do not even need it to be over 70 I was perfectly happy with my rig at 65 but 55 is insane and makes no sense on the roads we are talking about.

On 10/01/2017 at 7:16 PM, Gabish0r said:

Olá pessoal.

Eu tenho um problema no jogo. Toda vez que eu quero dormir ou viajar rápido meu jogo esmagando. Eu não sei por quê? Eu tento isso em todos os servidores (Europa), mas todos os tempos falhando (não responde). Por favor, ajude.

On 10/01/2017 at 7:16 PM, Gabish0r said:

Olá pessoal.

Eu tenho um problema no jogo. Toda vez que eu quero dormir ou viajar rápido meu jogo esmagando. Eu não sei por quê? Eu tento isso em todos os servidores (Europa), mas todos os tempos falhando (não responde). Por favor, ajude.

Estou com o mesmo problema