Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

make covered up tail lights kick//bannable.

WagglyCloth

Suggestion Name: make covered up tail lights kick//bannable.
Suggestion Description:I have come across a few trucks when they have no trailers their tail lights are not visible so you can not see them when approaching from behind at night if it is a dark truck or when they are braking 
Any example images
Why should it be added?:it is essentially ghost driving when at night and causes a hazard for others when they can not see them braking.

20161220122444_1.jpg

@Penguin says it perfectly. That only happens when you don't have the DLC, and the game can't show you the DLC content, so is replaced with no lights etc...

It cannot be helped, and therefore I don't see a reason for it to be a kick/bannable offence.

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

ah right, i didn't realize it was an issue of not having DLC i thought it may have been a mod done in the games workshop they where adding on themselves.

I'm not saying i've crashed into them or anything to be told to keep distance was just pointing out it's a hazard as that's why we have tail lights :P

but if it cannot be helped it cannot be helped and i did not realize.  looks like i'll be buying the DLC then :P

If you haven't got the message it's because you and me both don't own the Mighty Griffin DLC. I know it's annoying but there isn't much possible other than buying the add-on. Low or Medium graphics will struggle to show lights in general so make sure you use Ultra.

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

Its the Mighty Griffen DLC so unfortunately for those that don't have it they cannot see it and there is noting that can be done about it

this is one of mine

vecgIFQ.png

If you want to buy the DLC I'd advise you to wait until the winter steam sale - should be cheaper then ;) Could be wrong but I saw someone on steam say it starts the 22nd December ;) 

• Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Big -1 for one major reason.

@WagglyCloth

the issue isn't people "driving without tailights" as you perceive, it's down to the fact that you do not own/have installed the Mighty Griffin DLC which is Scalia exclusive and gives several different options for brake lights, but to those who don't have, they just see a blank truck.

now if this was seen on ALL trucks, not just Scania's then it's either a pic glitch or save file editing, which can be a bannable offence as that level of editing is dangerous at night if you have no tailights on. 

18 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Too bad there wasn't some sort of override they could do. If someone uses the DLC then it will override that to the default tail lights for others who don't own the DLC. 

On the bright side you can still see the trailers tail lights when they are pulling one xD

I think it's down to what is actually achievable from pulling apart the dlc files and base files, I mean, the stock Scalia lights are fine, but some of the dlc ones have the mud flaps that extend along the underside plus they actually change the positions of the lights and such, so replacing the dlc ones with the stock ones could lead to screwed textures and floating light entities.

really it's one of those things like the trailer dlc where unless everyone has to own the dlc to play online, it'll never really get fixed.

• 2 months later...

In fact, this DLC should not be allowed in PM.

From the moment a DLC causes the removal of mandatory security equipment, it must not be on the server, unless ALL users have the DLC. Which is not a reality.

From the moment a DLC is allowed, as in the case of this topic, I could beat all users and claim that I could not stop in time because there is no signaling.

And it could not be punished, because in reality, there is not even any BASIC signaling.

For those who do not know, the brake light is one that when pressed (when stepping on the brake pedal), the driver behind it is warned by a bright red light that there will be a slowing down, or even a stop of the Vehicle in front of you . It is therefore important that all stop lamps (brakes) are working. The greater intensity of the brake light also has the function of catching the attention of other drivers.

In fact, this set of lights is working, it is a requirement in the traffic code of pratically every country.

And no one is forced to buy any DLC and not using DLC does not prevent users from playing in MP.

This is a REAL SIMULATOR and you must respect it as such. WITHIN THE LAWS.

IN GAME RULES:

Driving without lights or Ghost driving

Driving in the dark without lights is forbidden. From 7PM (19:00) to 7AM (07:00), headlights must be on.

Edited by Claymaster ( REX )

Claymaster T-REX

3 hours ago, Claymaster ( REX ) said:

In fact, this DLC should not be allowed in PM.

From the moment a DLC causes the removal of mandatory security equipment, it must not be on the server, unless ALL users have the DLC. Which is not a reality.

From the moment a DLC is allowed, as in the case of this topic, I could beat all users and claim that I could not stop in time because there is no signaling.

And it could not be punished, because in reality, there is not even any BASIC signaling.

For those who do not know, the brake light is one that when pressed (when stepping on the brake pedal), the driver behind it is warned by a bright red light that there will be a slowing down, or even a stop of the Vehicle in front of you . It is therefore important that all stop lamps (brakes) are working. The greater intensity of the brake light also has the function of catching the attention of other drivers.

In fact, this set of lights is working, it is a requirement in the traffic code of pratically every country.

And no one is forced to buy any DLC and not using DLC does not prevent users from playing in MP.

This is a REAL SIMULATOR and you must respect it as such. WITHIN THE LAWS.

IN GAME RULES:

Driving without lights or Ghost driving

Driving in the dark without lights is forbidden. From 7PM (19:00) to 7AM (07:00), headlights must be on.

First off, chill, it's not like mp can do much about the issue unless they edit the lights to always show default lights for non dlc users.

yes it's an optional DLC, by definition that should not force the mp team to ban the DLC from use.

furthermore, in a traffic siguation, you should be vigilant of what's in front of you, regardless of brake lights, not only that, but chances are when on the road, you'll be behind a trailer, which has lights anyway, no matter what DLC so there is no excuse for not seeing a trucks lights. 

Also, if you are paying attention to brake lights, your not paying attention to the road as simple observation will tell you whether a vehicle is slowing or speeding up, something you have to learn in a truck as you cannot always see the lights of the vehicle in front.

on a technical point, ETS2 and ATS are not full simulators, not by a long shot, simply put, they do simulate driving and hauling and basic road laws, but it's more of an Arcady feel, not a full realistic simulator feel, as button are not clickable, damage is not visible, you can't get out and walk around, there is no tire degradation, there are no tire marks, it's near impossible to jackknife conventionally or in a realistic way...

that rile doesnt apply apply to tail lights, you can easily tell if a truck has their headlights on by looking at the side ambers and the light beams ahead, plus, with a trailer in tow, there is no issue as the trailer has full lights all the time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

First off, chill, it's not like mp can do much about the issue unless they edit the lights to always show default lights for non dlc users.

yes it's an optional DLC, by definition that should not force the mp team to ban the DLC from use.

furthermore, in a traffic siguation, you should be vigilant of what's in front of you, regardless of brake lights, not only that, but chances are when on the road, you'll be behind a trailer, which has lights anyway, no matter what DLC so there is no excuse for not seeing a trucks lights. 

Also, if you are paying attention to brake lights, your not paying attention to the road as simple observation will tell you whether a vehicle is slowing or speeding up, something you have to learn in a truck as you cannot always see the lights of the vehicle in front.

on a technical point, ETS2 and ATS are not full simulators, not by a long shot, simply put, they do simulate driving and hauling and basic road laws, but it's more of an Arcady feel, not a full realistic simulator feel, as button are not clickable, damage is not visible, you can't get out and walk around, there is no tire degradation, there are no tire marks, it's near impossible to jackknife conventionally or in a realistic way...

that rile doesnt apply apply to tail lights, you can easily tell if a truck has their headlights on by looking at the side ambers and the light beams ahead, plus, with a trailer in tow, there is no issue as the trailer has full lights all the time.

1 - First off, chill, it's not like mp can do much about the issue unless they edit the lights to always show default lights for non dlc users

- I Agree

2 - yes it's an optional DLC, by definition that should not force the mp team to ban the DLC from use.

I disagree The DLC is changing a basic and mandatory function in the traffic code. Being caused by a DLC is no excuse to keep it. Next, can a DLC come out where all the headlights, both front and rear, disappear and what would it be like? Accept that all the lights do not exist on the trucks contrary to the rules of the game? Being a DLC is no excuse.

The focus of the game from the outset was to respect the laws of the regions in the game and in all of them, the rear flashlight is mandatory and is in the transit code of these regions.

3 - furthermore, in a traffic siguation, you should be vigilant of what's in front of you, regardless of brake lights, not only that, but chances are when on the road, you'll be behind a trailer, which has lights anyway, no matter what DLC so there is no excuse for not seeing a trucks lights. 
Being vigilant has nothing wrong with the problem mentioned. Brake lights are required by law. This is no excuse not to have them. And it is obvious that we are not quoting trucks with trailer ... <_<

4 - Also, if you are paying attention to brake lights, your not paying attention to the road as simple observation will tell you whether a vehicle is slowing or speeding up, something you have to learn in a truck as you cannot always see the lights of the vehicle in front.

I will ignore this just because of the fact that you should pay attention to the brake light from the front vehicle just because you do not need it. It (a light) draws attention by itself in the necessary moments. By the way, that's what it serves, to alert the driver that come behind your vehicle ...

5 - on a technical point, ETS2 and ATS are not full simulators, not by a long shot, simply put, they do simulate driving and hauling and basic road laws, but it's more of an Arcady feel, not a full realistic simulator feel, as button are not clickable, damage is not visible, you can't get out and walk around, there is no tire degradation, there are no tire marks, it's near impossible to jackknife conventionally or in a realistic way...

This is no excuse for removing BASIC and mandatory safety equipment in any country.

RULES IN GAME: While driving at TruckersMP, users are required to follow as traffic laws of their country. :ph34r:

EU TRAFFIC RULES: 

S.I. No. 189/1963 - Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) Regulations, 1963.

Obligatory lighting.

9. (1) (a) Every vehicle, other than a trailer, to which this Part of these Regulations applies shall at all times while used in a public place be equipped with side lamps, head lamps, rear lamps, stop lamps, and identification mark lighting, all of which shall comply in all respects with this Part of these Regulations.

This is the law of transit of most of North America, including EU and UK.

6 - that rile doesnt apply apply to tail lights, you can easily tell if a truck has their headlights on by looking at the side ambers and the light beams ahead, plus, with a trailer in tow, there is no issue as the trailer has full lights all the time.

... And it is obvious that we are not quoting trucks WITH trailer ... <_<

Allowing this DLC in the current situation is breaking its own rules. And honestly, it's ridiculous to accept that vehicles can travel without brake lights.

That should not even be a point of discussion. It is like arguing that it could be allowed to commit crimes, because driving without brake lights is a crime provided by law and punishable.

Claymaster T-REX

^

If you don't drive at 200km/h with a Skoda, you have all the time you need to brake when you see a blue dot on your GPS but no tail lights in front of you.

And there's a simple solution when you see a truck in front of you on the GPS but nothing in the dark :

b9c018333a.png

Also, the DLC doesn't cost 15$ like other games DLCs. It's only 4.- (at least here in Switzerland).

78fd42ea00.png

29 minutes ago, KhaosHammer_BF said:

^

If you don't drive at 200km/h with a Skoda, you have all the time you need to brake when you see a blue dot on your GPS but no tail lights in front of you.

And there's a simple solution when you see a truck in front of you on the GPS but nothing in the dark :

b9c018333a.png

Also, the DLC doesn't cost 15$ like other games DLCs. It's only 4.- (at least here in Switzerland).

78fd42ea00.png

1 - Rapid or slow driving is no excuse to allow vehicles without brake lights.

Remove the brake lights from your vehicle in real life, and when a police officer approaches you because of them, tell them that it is only the other vehicles that walk close to you because you do not want to use the brake light (which , as I mentioned several times, is mandatory in any country in the world).

In a short time we will have to call the Euro Truck SIMULATOR 2, as Euro Truck Just One More Car Game 2

Claymaster T-REX

10 minutes ago, Claymaster ( REX ) said:

1 - Rapid or slow driving is no excuse to allow vehicles without brake lights.
Those players has indicators and brake lights! But only seeable for those who bought the Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack DLC! If someone's braking you can see on you TAB that the distance between you and that player decreases. And when they're hauling something you can see the brake lights and indicators of the trailer. 

• Upvote 1

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

43 minutes ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

Those players has indicators and brake lights! But only seeable for those who bought the Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack DLC! If someone's braking you can see on you TAB that the distance between you and that player decreases. And when they're hauling something you can see the brake lights and indicators of the trailer. 

So any user who hit their trucks at night when they do not have it with tow can not be punished in any way given the fact that their vehicles are not showing signs of required and required safety by law.

The user could only be punished if he was seeing his brake lights, but as he can not be punished for not having the DLC ...

You have to understand that to have this active DLC on the server, it was necessary to be able to see the brake lights which is the safety alert for vehicles coming from behind. In fact, it is the fault of the administration to have allowed this DLC without solving the security signaling problem.

Claymaster T-REX

48 minutes ago, Claymaster ( REX ) said:

So any user who hit their trucks at night when they do not have it with tow can not be punished in any way given the fact that their vehicles are not showing signs of required and required safety by law.

Actually no. If you hit the the truck in front of you and I'd be the driver in front of you I could (and would) report you (reason : ramming) because you didn't take care of the safety distance!

Edited by Mr. Blue Sky

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

8 hours ago, Claymaster ( REX ) said:

The user could only be punished if he was seeing his brake lights, but as he can not be punished for not having the DLC ...

You have to understand that to have this active DLC on the server, it was necessary to be able to see the brake lights which is the safety alert for vehicles coming from behind. In fact, it is the fault of the administration to have allowed this DLC without solving the security signaling problem.

By definition, if you collide with the vehicle in front of you, 99% of the time, authorities will point the finger at you because you are responsible for maintaining separation at all times and failure to do so can result in dangerous driving. 

Futhermore, Admins cannot ban a player, nor remove the DLC from use because for those who own the DLC, you do have indicators, brake and running lights, but for those who don't own the DLC it's blank. But given the fact that 99% of the time you will see a truck WITH a trailer attached, you will not necessarily be able to see their rear light panel anyway, but you can easily see the trailers brake, running lights and indicators. So there's no excuse for being unable to see. 

Furthermore, if you see a truck on the road with "no rear lights" then chances are they are useless traffic anyway as they are not towing a trailer and so are subject to punishment if they enter highly popular areas without a good reason. 

But seriously, the only time youll see people bobtailing around most is in cities, out on the open road people have a trailer. Besides, it's only if you drive a Scania that this can be an issue, any other brand is fine, so what can admins do about it? 

Furthermore, I would agree that the DLC be removed until a fix was found IF it affected ALL truck models, but considering it only affects Scanias which have been customised with custom light boxes, then it's not really an issue, yeah if they're bobtailing around, chances are you won't see them brake or which way they're turning, but that's when you switch to vigilant driving and maintain a specific speed and distance behind and decelerate when you find yourself catching that vehicle, it's really not hard, if you hit them, well obviously you are not paying enough attention to the road, which is a basic driving rule.

Also, it's almost impossible for everyone to know the specific driving laws for every EU country AND now every State in the US, I personally go by the laws I've learnt to drive by IRL and if people don't like it, then they can point it out to me, but something's are common sense, like maintaining a safe distance..

21 hours ago, Claymaster ( REX ) said:

If you follow the speed limits and keep your safety distance (approx. half your speed in meters or miles) you will always have enough distance and time to react to preceding vehicles, no matter if their lighting system is visible or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.