Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

ETS 2 and ATS maps merge

phylip24

I've have a suggestion why not have the ETS 2 and ATS maps merge into one game on MP. It would be very cool! :)

It could have like 4 servers on a merged map. If somebody don't own both games and only have one of them you could just go on ETS 2 and ATS maps.

Edited by phylip24

Just the technical challenges of doing this would alone suggest that this wont happen.

First off, TruckersMP would have to merge the map files and such. However TruckersMP is known for not touching anything close to the games basefiles.
You'd also have to take into account that you would need both ETS2 and ATS assets for the maps to properly work and there isnt any known method of getting the games to share their assets. This would mean TruckersMP has to include said assets in the mod, but they can't do that due to legal implications. They can't share assets for paid software for free.

And there couldnt just be 4 servers. Sure there could be 4 servers for the merged map, but it wont be possible for someone who just owns one game to join, since others might be on that server who use assets that are not in their game, which will result in crashing.

Tbh, ETS2 and ATS are two completely diffrent games at the core of it. I would say the problem here isnt getting the servers to accept it, but rather the clients of us who wants to play.
It's closer to impossible than possible.

Dont take me wrong, its a cool idea and would be awesome if it worked, its just the technical challenges behind it that won't make it possible anytime soon.

Edited by TheUnknownNO
  • Upvote 1

it could be possible they both use the same game engine and stuff but its never going to happen because they wasn't made to work together 

you would have to separate road and different continent road laws then you have to make different job markets works and stuff so yeah its never going to happen but in theory it could be possible 

and do you really want trolls playing with bigger trucks to ram you with its bad enough them having 50ft long truck and trailer let alone with 60ft truck and trailer 

I don't know if its just me, but I see absolutely no positives by merging the maps together, other than a bigger map?

They have different names for a reason; Ones based in Europe, ones based in America. Merging them together would just be silly and confusing.

They have to completely different landscapes, road styles and base files. Plus, TruckersMP cannot edit the map or add anything new into the base game, meaning they won't touch the games base files, thus making this suggestion not possible.

Therefore, I don't support your suggestion. Many negatives, little positives and a hell of a lot of work for very little benefit.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

No chance in hell that this would ever happen unless SCS, the actual game developers, turned around and made a full merge of both games and others and called it "world truck simulator" because not only on a technical level, but a realism standard this wouldn't work. 

If if you would have used the search function, you would see several suggestions like this that have been rejected.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to get started, TruckersMP would have to merge the map files and such to make this get even anywhere close to happening. However TruckersMP is known for not touching anything close to the games basefiles, so this is just one reason this suggestion won't happen.

The only realistic way this could happen would be if SCS Software did a merge of the two maps; that alone, is a long shot.

Rejected, due to the above reasons.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.