Add a rear reflector at the interior

Suggestion Name: Add a reflector which reflect rear lights at the interior
Suggestion Description:In multiplayer,trucks which is in our back light our interior at 1st camera.It looks unrealistic.Mp team can add a face to reflector the light which comes from back.I think if you add that face to CB radio model, it fits every truck easily.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?:It has been mentioned at the suggestion description.

The issue is, is that there's not really a logical fix without serious game file edits, it's either you see people's lights and they reflect, or you don't see the lights at all, it's all down to the lights being a separate entity for each truck that has to be synced with the server, so fixing it is extremely hard to do at this time.

7 hours ago, kokboru said:

Megadeth,I think you didnt understand me.It may work as you said in singleplayer.However,it doesnt have to be as singleplayer in mp.I'm certain that adding a face which looks back to behind the interior solves that problem.

No, because of the way the server works out the lighting for all players, it would not work as intended, the only temporary fix is to remove the real time lighting for other vehicles and replace them with the dimmer, more weaker and harder to see AI lighting from single player.

plus, bare in mind that there's only so much mp can edit and change without either breaking the mod completely or breaking the agreement with SCS. 

If if you don't like the light bleed, make a suggestion to have an option to dim other people's lights. 

The thing is, it's more of a current generation issue in games, particularly indie games, than anything else, take my summer car, if you get in the truck, add a tow line to another vehicle, then turn the lights on that vehicle on, uptohigh beams, then start driving the truck. You'll get bad light bleed through the back of the truck, even though there's no visible way the light could shine through like that, it's just one of those things that you find with indie games, especially on the older direct x versions.

• Upvote 1

Images from blender3d

I had added a spotlight to back interior and had taken photos.

Current situation;without any face which looks back

screen.png

Adding  a face which looks back to behind the interior

screen1.png

After adding

screen2.png

Edited by kokboru

^

The thing is, that in itself requires editing the truck models within blender which requires base files to be modified, which  multiplayer cannot do because it breaks the uela agreement. 

As as we've said before, there isn't really a proper fix that does not require editing base game files which mp can't do for legal reasons. 

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

• 7 months later...

As mentioned by various people above, this is something that needs to be done by SCS Software, i.e. TruckersMP cannot change the base game files.

Moved to SCS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.