Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Traffic Law testing

If it's based on multiplayer rules, I say it's not a bad idea. If, from what other people (I could be wrong, just skimming) you want it based off of the country/countries in which you will be driving, I say it's a no go. I'd rather not have to spend numerous hours researching and studying what traffic law are in certain countries just to be able to play a game.

Also, as everyone else had said, having a test beforehand doesn't stop a troll. Just about anyone can pass a written driving test. Trolls will still be trolls, test or not.

Also, if you're going to use the assumption that people should drive as if it were real life, keep in mind not everyone is going to do the posted speed limit(s).

Looks like we have a differend understanding of word "basic".

I see: "Some simple laws that works in every country" Like:

Spoiler

Road signs - bf591409469a8d28bf53958078cb8043.jpeg 6514acb18bc03b04620e051e6288c639.jpeg 275px-2.4_Russian_road_sign.svg.png 3-20.jpg2-1.jpeg znak_2_2-300x300.jpg 0d3f20bd4f4d7a9e6599d376a8b60f6d.jpg 3-21.jpeg 2.2_b.gif

Two or three kinds of road markings - solid or discontinuous

Advantage in changing lanes or at unregulated crossroad

Maybe two or three rules more...

Is it really hard to remember?

You see: "A full pack of whole traffic laws of every country"

6 hours ago, CTAKAHbI4 said:

Looks like we have a differend understanding of word "basic".

I see: "Some simple laws that works in every country" Like:

Reveal hidden contents

Road signs - bf591409469a8d28bf53958078cb8043.jpeg 6514acb18bc03b04620e051e6288c639.jpeg 275px-2.4_Russian_road_sign.svg.png 3-20.jpg2-1.jpeg znak_2_2-300x300.jpg 0d3f20bd4f4d7a9e6599d376a8b60f6d.jpg 3-21.jpeg 2.2_b.gif

Two or three kinds of road markings - solid or discontinuous

Advantage in changing lanes or at unregulated crossroad

Maybe two or three rules more...

Is it really hard to remember?

You see: "A full pack of whole traffic laws of every country"

Honesty mate, if you try to link a game to the real world and base a test FOR that game on real world things, whether it be a small selection or not, you'll be penalising the good people more than the bad, a multiplayer is supposed to be run with equality in mind, meaning no matter your skill level or nationality, you'll be treated the same as everyone else, yet if you start basing regulations off of real world things, regaurdless of country, you start making thing unfair for the rookies who just want to play instead of sitting an exam just to play a game, that's the bottom line really, it's like being asked a series of geographical questions just to be able to open a door to a building, it'll deter the wrong people. 

(Also I would like to point out that in your "example picture" a few of the signs don't apply in my country anyway) 

if if your idea is just purely based off of multiplayer rules and the rules talk more in depth about overtaking, junctions and right of way, then I can see this idea passing without issue, even I would back it, but trying to shoehorn supposed "general knowledge" from the real world into a fictional representation of the real world will not work, I mean, what if you ask people, "if x was driving at 55mph and y was driving the same speed and x had to stop suddenly, how far back should y be to avoid a collision" real world, Probably a hell of a lot different than in multiplayer because of the distance calculations and the fact that in multiplayer, everyone has their brakes setup differently to suit their driving style so for one person it might take 200m to stop, someone else might only need 100m and someone else might need 500m.. it's impossible to link real world scenarios and general know.edge to a game and expect every player from the young and inexperienced to the old and skilled, to those who drive a truck irl to those who ride a bike, it will not work.

and if ultimate goal is to reduce the number of trolls online, that would be a failed experiment because who's to say a determined troll isn't going to Judy answer correctly, join mp and just start wrecking people over and over? 

Learning about something and answering a few questions and then remembering those questions is one thing, then on the flip side those users will still need to follow those rules which is still a completely different thing. A test to get on MP would do nothing and solve nothing. Throw ANY obstacle at a troll and they will get around it. Driving test no problem, a simple test no problem especially considering you can just google the answer.......... Did you learn anything by googling the answer? Well..... NO. Also, you'd have players get turned away from MP just because they couldn't pass a test or didn't want to do the test because all they wanted to do was get on a drive and relax. 

The way I see it is this is a game! Tests for driving are for real life where you can actually kill someone by breaking a law. In a game all they can do is cause an annoyance to players. The other thing is the player can also avoid accidents, just because you have the right away doesn't mean you should have the attitude of just plowing through who ever is in front of you just because you have the right of way. Just because you have the right of away doesn't mean you should go and cause a collision! Now had this of been something actually meant to 100% simulate driving then sure add the test, but it's not. This game is meant for anybody to be able to get on and play. 

There is a point with this suggestion, but in the long run does it really solve anything? IMO it doesn't if someone wants to get around the test without learning anything they will, just google the answers. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sgpch1983 said:

translating my post distorted it for sure as google translator isnt that good. please dont do that! its bound to generate misunderstandings and it isnt fun for me, as my english is poor, to try and correct these misunderstandings.

no i dont want to play on eu1 and i dont want to play with limiter..

you dont understand the meaning of "simulator" dont you?

more admins will not help!

ok

6 hours ago, VeedddeeR said:

I personally think what he suggests is a good thing in a sense to help at least limit some of the drivers driving recklessly. If not I feel like even if a server was dedicated for simulation driving for drivers looking for more of a serious drive then the public servers.

First off, what are you learning skill wise by completing a written test for a game? Nothing really, now if you had to go through a practical test where veterans teach and watch all new members, then that would certainly have an effect on the quality of driving online, if someone writes about how not to drive recklessly, what's to say they aren't going to forget what they wrote and drive recklessly anyway? 

As for point two, I extremely doubt there will be a dedicated simulation server because what is the point? A server isn't free to run and if it's only used by a smal number of people, it's not viable to keep running. Plus, the definition of a real world driving experience is to have the wildcard drivers, the guys who can't drive properly, the trolls etc, they add to the realism, if everyone drove the same at the same speed in the same way and acted the same, it would make it boring and feel more like single player where the AI are on rails and predictable. 

6 hours ago, VeedddeeR said:

I personally think what he suggests is a good thing in a sense to help at least limit some of the drivers driving recklessly. If not I feel like even if a server was dedicated for simulation driving for drivers looking for more of a serious drive then the public servers.

Then you need to sort the users to those who drive properly and those who don't. How would that be done? As I said, a test where you need to answer a few basic road laws trolls will get around that, google the answers. A driving test, trolls will get around that they just need to cool it for a bit until they pass the test. Not to mention who would even want to sort 10 Million users? Sure, not all 10 Million play but regardless they will need to be sorted but even if they made a server for the serous drivers only it won't solve anything. The trolls will still get on that server to cause havoc. 

Not to mention that server would be so boring and less of a simulation of driving. If you want a simulation driving experience play on the public severs. You will never drive without experiencing horrible drivers IRL. In fact more and more of them are getting on the roads every day, look at the way some of these people drive on the highway and even when it's snowing out. Like those who think they need to speed up to a red light just to slam on their brakes instead of slowly making their way to the light. What's the point of rushing to the light..... it's red you're not going anywhere. Or those who just got to get in front of you just to get slowed down by someone else and you're literally behind them all the time... Good job what did they gain? Well nothing but getting to their destination a split second faster. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/16/2016 at 2:35 PM, CTAKAHbI4 said:
Suggestion Name: Traffic Law testing
Suggestion Description: Make a some online test to check player's knowledges about basic traffic laws and multiplayer rules. It must contain near 10-30 questions that would be randomly choosen from a big base (100-300 questions). Players must be complete this test after registration and after every ban. Players that not coplete that test must be consider as banned, or they max speed must be limited to 50 km/h (if this technically possible).

Any example imageshttp://imgur.com/a/FLVdK

Why should it be added?: As I see, there is a lot players that don't know a basic traffic laws. They playing ETS like GTA or Need For Speed. This would show them a difference between this games and gives them a basics of traffic laws.

There are 2 problems.

1. A lot of people don't know how to drive.

1.a. priorities

1.b. turning 90 degrees while occupying only 1 lane

1.c. parking between (in middle of) 2 cars/trucks from front as well as from reverse

1.d. park lights, day lights, high beams (when you use which?)

1.e. round abouts

1.f. over taking how?

1.g. how much distance you must leave between the car on your front and back after you have parked? Do you block their possibility to exit from parking?

1.h. etc. etc...

2. A lot of people do not care about traffic rules. (They may know or not know the rules, they simply don't care)

Now this suggestion will fix problem number 1.

However problem number 2 is still persistant...

Here are some videos to describe how annoying it is to simply don't know the rules or to not follow them for your pleasure:

Video 1: How to NOT park/stop your truck + How to NOT enter to gas station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC0G3wxy3s4&list=PL8kFoM-S35yfKS_z3EsLc4a9syCCkBEWm&index=3

Video 2: How to NOT turn on a T junction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbISobkE_3c&index=17&list=PL8kFoM-S35yfKS_z3EsLc4a9syCCkBEWm
Video 3: How to NOT leave the fuel station
https://youtu.be/eAUkt29OWlo?t=33s

Hope you guys had some fun watching those mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.12.2016 at 2:35 PM, CTAKAHbI4 said:
Suggestion Name: Traffic Law testing
Suggestion Description: Make a some online test to check player's knowledges about basic traffic laws and multiplayer rules. It must contain near 10-30 questions that would be randomly choosen from a big base (100-300 questions). Players must be complete this test after registration and after every ban. Players that not coplete that test must be consider as banned, or they max speed must be limited to 50 km/h (if this technically possible).

Any example imageshttp://imgur.com/a/FLVdK

Why should it be added?: As I see, there is a lot players that don't know a basic traffic laws. They playing ETS like GTA or Need For Speed. This would show them a difference between this games and gives them a basics of traffic laws.

The reason for @CTAKAHbI4 suggestion is unmistakably to raise players awareness of common traffic laws and multiplayer rules for the benefit of our all game experience.

It is NOT intended to be a solution against trolls.

A passed test is sadly not a guarantee for an appropriate behavior according to the laws and rules.

But it can make some players aware of one or another detail they did not know about or consider before.

• Upvote 1

I think this is an excellent idea and it will help reduce collisions. I am not sure about other countries but for the UK if you google "driving theory test" there is a government website where you can do a mock test for free. Just to prove that kids can still play I am 14 and I can get full marks and have been able to for a few years. On the same website you can also take the Heavy goods vehicle (HGV) test, which applies to ETS2. If you get players to submit a screen shot of the results page it could work. As I say this is a UK test, but this is where I see most traffic offences, especially people on wrong side of the road/ going the wrong way around a roundabout.

• 2 weeks later...

It's so nice to play in EU2 that has No trollers, No Ramming or any bad doings in driving. 

Everyone says that "Just Play in EU1" because it has speed limit. yeah but we don't want to play with few peopl. we want realistic traffic. 

That's why most of the people still play in EU2 even there's too many Trollers.

Maybe they can do . just send an Automated Test to all out of players and If they fail. they will take the consequences.

+1 :)

Add me on Steam             Follow Me on Twitter

J3uYEiE.png?1                     MLgPCGo.png?1

On 01.02.2017 at 5:36 PM, furkan3467 said:

If this application is the loss of a big troll if it comes to that.

On 02.02.2017 at 0:59 PM, cjdbare said:

It's so nice to play in EU2 that has No trollers, No Ramming or any bad doings in driving.

Unfortunately, nothing can help against trolls (maybe, except telepathy). Trolls usually are know all rules and traffic laws, they just ignors it. But some people makes a traffic accidents by mistake or ignorance. That suggestion could help them.

5 hours ago, CTAKAHbI4 said:

Unfortunately, nothing can help against trolls (maybe, except telepathy). Trolls usually are know all rules and traffic laws, they just ignors it. But some people makes a traffic accidents by mistake or ignorance. That suggestion could help them.

yeah.  this game can't avoid trolls. but not everyone know "about driving" :)

Add me on Steam             Follow Me on Twitter

J3uYEiE.png?1                     MLgPCGo.png?1

What to do if a truck lies overturned on a street?

Wait few minutes like in real life, till the help comes. And then press F7 and go to the next service.

It's unrealistic to press immediately F7.

Ya, it results in a traffic jams, exactly like in real life.

Edited by Norgie

:troll:Nape Lazam - Youtube Channel about ETS2 - Idiots On The Road:troll:    

:troll:                       <3                           :troll:                          <3                                :troll:                                <3                          :troll:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa7C5hHVvuHLRZa5o0PhfXw

Just force players to play on EU#1 for a couple of days before letting them jump on other servers, EU#2 for example which is the busiest everyday. So that way they can "learn" the basics of the game by slowly driving at max 90km/h and without Skoda drivers overtaking like NFS players every 30 secs but with more "serious people" than others servers.

Or just open a "Beginner" server for new players/Recently banned truckers. Only those could connect to it, let them in for 4-5 days then let me join back the mayhem on EU#2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.