Traffic Law testing

Suggestion Name: Traffic Law testing
Suggestion Description: Make a some online test to check player's knowledges about basic traffic laws and multiplayer rules. It must contain near 10-30 questions that would be randomly choosen from a big base (100-300 questions). Players must be complete this test after registration and after every ban. Players that not coplete that test must be consider as banned, or they max speed must be limited to 50 km/h (if this technically possible).

Any example imageshttp://imgur.com/a/FLVdK

Why should it be added?: As I see, there is a lot players that don't know a basic traffic laws. They playing ETS like GTA or Need For Speed. This would show them a difference between this games and gives them a basics of traffic laws.

Edited by CTAKAHbI4
Changed sample screenshots

The idea is very good.
- It would be like a test drive before registering in the forum.
- That helps in respect and be aware of road signs.
- And it is a way to avoid some troll's

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&

It's a good idea I'll admit, but, there are a few issues I would like to point out. 

Firstly, ETS2 and ATS are known as casual simulators, meaning anyone can jump in and relax and play and that's what mp is based off of.

secondly, you have to think about the negative impact that this will have on the numbers of people playing, being a part of or thinking about joining, multiplayer, instead of getting a couple hundred a month, you may only get 10-20 new players, which will impact everything about the mod and if not correctly implemented, it could potentially kill multiplayer completely in a matter of months.

also, if your goal is to cut the number of trolls, then there are much more efficient ways to do so, if a troll is dedicated enough to come and cause trouble, they would make sure they pass the test every time, yet someone who has the intentions of just enjoying the game and multiplayer for what it is will get penalised in the long run.

furthermore, a test is nothing but a piece of paper really, it doesn't really have an effect on how you drive and what you do, all it will do is make you think for a short period of time, so really, it will not stop people speeding at 80+MPH, nor will it stop trolls from doing their thing. 

Another point is this, because admins are human, they make mistakes, and sometimes, people are wrongly banned, not because they didn't do anything wrong in their eyes, but because the admin entered the wrong TMPID in when issuing a ban (had it happen to me a few months back where a guy going the opposite way to me in EP started ramming traffic, but the admin entered my ID by mistake instead of the troll, fortunately it got fixed within that day) but my point here is, if someone gets banned by accident and you have the system that forces them to take the test, then they are potentially being double penalised for absolutely no reason which will drive people away, and remember, in society, bad publicity travels faster than good, so if people are being penalised because of an admins mistake, then that will get around the gaming community faster than the successful reduction in troll drivers.  

Now, don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of a driving test in multiplayer, but it shouldn't be linked to whether or not you can or cannot join or that you don't have knowledge of real world driving rules, it should be a tool to be used to give people either full access I.e. no limiters and a actual TMP license both showable in game and on the forums, which could then be used to rebuild the whole ban system to use a close to real world system where each offence adds points, at certain numbers, you get punished until you have your license removed for x amount of time meaning you are effectively sanction and near permanent banned from mp, then you'll have to reapply for your license etc. 

So really, in the configuration you are proposing, I personally feel it will not have the desired effect at all and so shouldn't be added as it would be a waste of time.. if it was more of either a show thing or was more refined to make it more fair for all people from across the globe, then it might work in the future..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CrazyPillow said:

Not very useful as people can just search for the answers on the web.. 

So what? :) Main idea is not to prevent people from playing but to train them... To make them understand that ETS isn't GTA :)

6 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Firstly, ETS2 and ATS are known as casual simulators, meaning anyone can jump in and relax and play and that's what mp is based off of.

I'm agree with that. And questions shouldn't fully based on a real traffic lawn, at least because it could be different in different countries. The test must show more an ingame situations (like on the second sample screenshot). And it shouldn't be too complex, a regular driver must complete it in 5-10 minutes.

I agree with @megadethsteve666 on this one.

This game is meant to be fun, enjoyable and relaxing, where people can just 'jump' in-game and play with there friends. Its a casual simulation game, not a real-life simulator.

Secondly, if trolls are dedicated, a test won't stop them from trolling. Trolls go online with the objective to cause damage, break rules and generally 'troll' other people. A test would only be a reminder of what rules to break while online, which is having the opposite effect you are wishing for.

Thirdly, many players of this game are young, and have no knowledge or experience of the real life roads, so answering questions, in my opinion, is a little harsh. However, I think something to help them learn the rules of the road is needed, and this test may help.

On the other hand, a test of this kind might, if written properly, have a positive effect on new players joining, but when you get in-game, that test does not matter. When your playing, your in control, and passing a test won't stop people from breaking rules. Its just a 'pass' to get into the server.

Finally, I do believe that a test of this kind may work in the future, but I think that the results you are looking for with this won't work, and will not have the desired effect you where hoping for.  

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

10 hours ago, sgpch1983 said:

eu concordo, mas fazer o limite de SCS padrão 90km / h aka permitir que o limitador normal numa base de jogadores - oh god esta discussão tem algum mal nisso :)lol

If you want to play with limiter and only go to europe 1

Attached said it all I just added.
This is simulator and not real life.
With this opinion of rules may be that it diminishes the trollos but not all.
If hits on the track occur and only report.
Since there are several accidents and just put more administrators online on the server and keep an eye on the busiest places.

31 minutes ago, FirestarteR93 said:

^Sorry, that feels like not full:

...otherwise you risk to end up in a crash with those who drive faster

Of course, no multiplayer will always have accidents.
Formerly the server was with 4000 players and only had the paths and rarely had accidents compared to today.

Formerly it was with limitador to 90km
I did not have these very cars
And was with 4000 players in Europe 1

Was formerly 4000 players on the server and did not have these accidents compared nowadays

One of the reasons are the cars I think should limit speeds in cars
They are one of the main reasons that cause accidents.

29 minutes ago, TruckerTom94 said:

although it is a simulator and its meant to be realistic  on the other hand people do just want to have fun so it would restrict people joining the tmp server if they didnt know enough to pass the test

One of the main reasons that cause accidents are the speed of cars.

2 hours ago, Attached said:

However, I think something to help them learn the rules of the road is needed, and this test may help.

On the other hand, a test of this kind might, if written properly, have a positive effect on new players joining, but when you get in-game, that test does not matter. When your playing, your in control, and passing a test won't stop people from breaking rules. Its just a 'pass' to get into the server.

Exactly! Some players just need to understand that TruckersMP gameplay is based on real life traffic laws. And it will be right to give them some tutorial that looks like test, because if it will be like some EULA then nobody wouldn't read it. After each answer there must be a some short clarification that tells for a player why his answer is right or wrong.

11 minutes ago, CTAKAHbI4 said:

Exactly! Some players just need to understand that TruckersMP gameplay is based on real life traffic laws. And it will be right to give them some tutorial that looks like test, because if it will be like some EULA then nobody wouldn't read it. After each answer there must be a some short clarification that tells for a player why his answer is right or wrong.

Yes fact the new players are disturbing the mp with this new option of rules will help many them the test option to play in mp.
I agree

To sum up:

Trolls will always find a way(e.g. the 2h playtime limit to register on TMP), In reality, the ones who will suffer from such "test" will be the people who don't have a license and those who are too young to have one - Even if its a common knowledge, such people are not required to know the traffic rules. There was a time when we didn't knew these traffic rules, yet nobody told us "you can't play with your friends because you don't know how this or that works"

Guys, I'm kinda disappointed that you have forgotten that some (long) time ago you were also new players and now you suggest to restrict the new players

(edit)and before anyone goes on with "Look at him, he wants us to suffer from trolls" No, this is about equality - There is no any difference if you are new, good or bad player - the only difference is in the consequences of our actions - some of us are still here after years, while others have ended up in the ban appeals

Edited by FirestarteR93

This wouldn't have any effect on stopping trolls, If something like this would be brought into MP then it should be optional for those that want to learn the traffic rules.ETS2 and ATS are games, simulators but not real life, they are meant to be fun and something like this could reduce the numbers playing mp by quite alot. I know traffic rules but have no plans on obeying speed limits and I'd imagine alot of people specially on EU2 would be the same. As @FirestarteR93 said we were all new players at some point and bringing in something like this would be very unfair and restrict new players, the ones effected wouldn't be the trolls but everyone else. Anyway people could do the test and then just drive how they like afterwards so wouldn't really be very effective.

Edited by DavidOC93 | Killua

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

36 minutes ago, FirestarteR93 said:

Guys, I'm kinda disappointed that you have forgotten that some (long) time ago you were also new players and now you suggest to restrict the new players

And I'm disappointed by your limited horizons of thinking... If you want equality - so be it, let oblige all existing players to complete that test. I'm ready for that. And I didn't wrote about "trolls", have you even read a whole message? I'm talking about educational function of this test. ETS and ATS is truck driving simulator, not racing! And driving means a knowlege of some traffic laws. Here is a simple situation:

Spoiler

The player driving behind me - he must give a way to those two "heads". Why did he willfully moved to crossroad? He didn't noticed a sign d03_500x500.jpg? Or he don't know what it means? Maybe he thought that we are on a main road because of me?

Well, maybe really my English skills is not enough to explain all my thoughts but why do you can't think constructively? If you think that this suggestion is not fully elaborate, make a remark to improve it...

like I said in my post, if the intentions of this sort of idea are to limit trolls coming online, then it fails because trolls have just one common goal, to cause misery for others, so any type of test is just an "inconvenience" for them and wont really stop them coming online and causing trouble and in some cases, it would play into their hands more because it can give them a refresh on what rules they can break to cause maximum damage for all, yet the ones that will get penalised are those new to the game and who don't drive in real life or are younger than the average player that your test is aimed at.

The be all and end all is this, a Multiplayer is supposed to be based around equality for all people, no matter their skill set, age or knowledge, its supposed to be fair for all, but if you introduce a harsh system to try and weedle out the trolls, all youre doing is removing those who are inexperienced who just want to play with their friends and enjoy the game for what it is.

I would agree to a system like this if ETS2 and ATS were "hardcore simulators" where everything is exactly true to real life and you had to do things exactly the same as you do in real life, but the games are not, yes there are options and settings that can make the game more close to real world standards, but ultimately, the games are catered to the Casual gamer, where they can just jump in behind the wheel and just drive, a bit like playing Forza with all the assists turned on to make the experience easier.

At the end of the day, there are far more simpler or more inviting ideas that could be used to limit trolls or to have a licensing and driving test system, but straight up asking people to know practically every rule of the game and of real world traffic laws, no matter how much of a common sense thing it may be, it still means that people who just want to play and be legit are getting penalised.

1 minute ago, CTAKAHbI4 said:

And I'm disappointed by your limited horizons of thinking... If you want equality - so be it, let oblige all existing players to complete that test. I'm ready for that. And I didn't wrote about "trolls", have you even read a whole message? I'm talking about educational function of this test. ETS and ATS is truck driving simulator, not racing! And driving means a knowlege of some traffic laws. Here is a simple situation:

Reveal hidden contents

The player driving behind me - he must give a way to those two "heads". Why did he willfully moved to crossroad? He didn't noticed a sign d03_500x500.jpg? Or he don't know what it means? Maybe he thought that we are on a main road because of me?

Well, maybe really my English skills is not enough to explain all my thoughts but why do you can't think constructively? If you think that this suggestion is not fully elaborate, make a remark to improve it...

At the end of the day mate, theres far easier ways to add a test system and licensing system to the game than what you are suggesting, like say have a test at the start of your career that asks you specifically about the rules of Multiplayer, NOT real world traffic regulations because not everyone from every walk of life is going to know, I mean, if you want to be specific, people from the US have different basic rules to us here in the UK, and the Mainland has different rules to the UK, so expecting people to know the basics for all countries is ridiculous,for example, in America there is the rule, turn right on red unless posted, yet here in the UK, its illegal to pass a red light at any stage.

Also you have to remember, in game, people have weaker or more powerful Computers, so seeing signposts properly is difficult, I know from experience that some signs are almost impossible to see in Multiplayer when you are having to focus on what the person ahead of you is doing.

Yes the games are "simulators" but the simulator world is split up into different categories now and ETS2 and ATS fall into the "casual Simulator" bracket meaning that while they are simulating driving a truck in the real world, they are not super complex on controls or harsh on the economy etc, whereas if they were "HardCore" then they would have you get out of your truck to refuel, youll have to flick all the switches to start and do anything with the truck, you would have to manually hook up the trailers adding all the hoses and lines, you would have to worry about "live loads" (Loads like animals and liquids can move making the truck extremely unstable when turning at speed) you would have to worry about physical damage to your vehicle and having to do maintenance, you would have to worry about not losing your license... the list goes on, if the games were like that then yeah a driving test would be logical for Multiplayer to prepare people for driving online, but the games are casual, they're not supposed to be taken seriously by every single player in the universe, and that's the point you are missing.

Yeah a lot of us want to play as close to real life as possible, but you have to have the happy medium between the realistic players and those who want to have a bit of fun for a change, that is why your system will basically destroy Multiplayer in the long run if its implemented how you exactly want it.

Also as a point, please stop getting angry because people are not supporting your idea, that's the whole point of making a suggestion to the public, if people like it, they like it, if they don't, they don't, that's there opinions and you cannot influence them.

19 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

At the end of the day, there are far more simpler or more inviting ideas that could be used to limit trolls or to have a licensing and driving test system, but straight up asking people to know practically every rule of the game and of real world traffic laws, no matter how much of a common sense thing it may be, it still means that people who just want to play and be legit are getting penalised.

I never wrote about every rule of real traffic laws. It's just your imagination... Have you seen a sample screenshots?

22 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Also you have to remember, in game, people have weaker or more powerful Computers, so seeing signposts properly is difficult, I know from experience that some signs are almost impossible to see in Multiplayer when you are having to focus on what the person ahead of you is doing.

And you have to remember that it's not excuse. If player won't notice a warning sign or won't knows what it means and will hit me, I'll make a report and he will be banned. So, what is better: being banned for 1-2 days (at first) because of unknowing of some traffic law or spend 10-20 minutes for testing and understanding some simple rules?

And https://truckersmp.com/rules - take a look for a first rule. "While Driving in TruckersMP, users are required to follow the traffic laws of the respective country." Yes, admins not gives a ban for an over speed or crossing a solid marking line, but if you broke a priority and make a traffic accident, you'll be punished.

3 hours ago, subaru said:

If you want to play with limiter and only go to europe 1

Attached said it all I just added.
This is simulator and not real life.
With this opinion of rules may be that it diminishes the trollos but not all.
If hits on the track occur and only report.
Since there are several accidents and just put more administrators online on the server and keep an eye on the busiest places.

translating my post distorted it for sure as google translator isnt that good. please dont do that! its bound to generate misunderstandings and it isnt fun for me, as my english is poor, to try and correct these misunderstandings.

no i dont want to play on eu1 and i dont want to play with limiter..

you dont understand the meaning of "simulator" dont you?

more admins will not help!

sysp-73354.png

1 hour ago, CTAKAHbI4 said:

I never wrote about every rule of real traffic laws. It's just your imagination... Have you seen a sample screenshots?

And you have to remember that it's not excuse. If player won't notice a warning sign or won't knows what it means and will hit me, I'll make a report and he will be banned. So, what is better: being banned for 1-2 days (at first) because of unknowing of some traffic law or spend 10-20 minutes for testing and understanding some simple rules?

And https://truckersmp.com/rules - take a look for a first rule. "While Driving in TruckersMP, users are required to follow the traffic laws of the respective country." Yes, admins not gives a ban for an over speed or crossing a solid marking line, but if you broke a priority and make a traffic accident, you'll be punished.

there is no point arguing with you is there, you will not listen to reason that this is a idea that will not have the desired effect and will KILL multiplayer after a few months.

In my opinion, and im sure admins and respectable drivers will agree with me, as long as a player follows the rules of multiplayer and at least apologise for a mistake on their part, then leave them alone, the worst thing to come from Multiplayer are the people who get a little tap from someone, with 0% damage done, yet scream "report report report!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in chat?

As I said before, and I may as well smack my head off of a solid brick wall, These games are CASUAL SIMULATORS they are not DESIGNED to be 100% true to real life, so really, the rules of the real world don't necessarily take place ingame. Also, that rule you pointed out? I don't think ive ever seen anyone get banned or kicked for not knowing every single god damn traffic law for every country in Europe and every state in the US! you cannot expect people to know all traffic rules of every country! not even in real life! and this is a god damn game for crying out loud, as long as people respect others and get punished if they don't, who gives a damn whether they know what a yield/giveway sign is!

Furthermore matey, Just because people are not millionaires and don't own £5000 PCs with 4 1080s in it, doesn't mean having a crappy PC is "an excuse" same goes for lag, ive seen accidents, been in accident in MP that have been caused by a player on my screen lagging out and suddenly appearing right in front of me, you cannot say that its one persons fault over another, ACCIDENTS do happen, you cannot expect everyone to drive like machines and be able to react faster than light to every situation and know that in this circumstance, they must do this, this and this!

I would support your idea more if it was just based around Multiplayer rules, because those are the rules that matter, whether you are a 3 year veteran or a 5 minute player. but expecting people to have general knowledge of traffic laws from the basic to the country specific is dumb, totally dumb, if it was the real world, then yes, but this is a G A M E! not real life!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.