How to duplicate a profile?

Kingy

Question

Hi there,

I currently have a profile I use on both Single Player and Multiplayer. How do i duplicate this save so I can use one for multiplayer and then install mods for my single player profile so i can clearly have a single player profile which i use mods on and a multiplayer profile which i use no mods on to avoid any confusion/errors?

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

You can duplicate the folder containing the profile, just go to

C:\Users\yourusername\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles

Copy the folder that contains your profile (You can recognize it by the modification date, it should match your last savegame) with another name.

The problem with this is that both profiles are going to have the same driver name, so it will be tricky for you in game to know wich one is mp or sp.

I've never done that, so if you find any issues keep posting to figure it out.

Regards!

1.png

Copy the folder that contains your profile (You can recognize it by the modification date, it should match your last savegame) with another name.

The problem with this is that both profiles are going to have the same driver name, so it will be tricky for you in game to know wich one is mp or sp.

Regards!

Hey there!

Thanks for your reply. 

I have duplicated the profile inside C:\Users\yourusername\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles however when I go into ETS2, there isn't another profile displaying.

Any help?

Thanks!

Dont you want to use your profile for mp and sp?

If you join mp when you left just save it ingame and left.

Then you can join mp with your sp with your saved profile. When you play sp save it too. Now you have 2 saves for mp and sp. Just load it which save do you want to use. I hope you understand that.

Oooh, you mean creating 2 saves on one profile?

To make it clear I'm looking to duplicate the profile itself so there are no problems when I'm using mods so I have 1 legit multiplayer profile that mods have never been enabled on and 1 singleplayer profile which has mods enabled.

Thanks for your reply!

• Upvote 1

Regards!

I've tried my solution, it's not working.

Trying to figure out another way to do it, if I find it I'll post it here!

1.png

I've tried my solution, it's not working.

Trying to figure out another way to do it, if I find it I'll post it here!

From my understanding of the game's configuration, and from the way save files have been set up; each "profile" contains a unique code hidden within the game files, as well as with the generated number folders that can be found in C:\Users\yourusername\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles . I have had tried to duplicate a profile, and then attempt to load the two at the same time so that I would be able to choose one of the profiles in the game main menu. Unfortunately, I was unable to have the game successfully identify the second profile. I'm unsure if the way profiles have been programmed this way,in order to intentionally prevent duplications of profiles due to possible issues within game recognition? Anyways, I don't know as much as others do about SCS games and the ways they are made, so the information stated above may not be 100% correct. 

• Upvote 1

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.