Launcher border and other improvements

Sharp14

Suggestion Name: Launcher border
Suggestion Description: Add a window border to the launcher

Any example images:

Why should it be added?: Because I need to be able to move it on my dual monitor setup, and [win]+[left arrow] isn't cutting it. There's also the fact it launched on my secondary monitor, not my primary one. Programs without a border look pretty bad and very unprofessional.

There's also a problem that the launcher is poorly designed and that there's no need for the ETS2 and ATS buttons to be that far apart, and so small. They're the entire point of the launcher - make them big and the main focus.

This launcher is almost entirely pointless because it is so poorly made; it slows the process of launching the game, contrary to it's purpose.

And now we also can't pass commands to the game (e.g. skipping the intro vids).

• Upvote 1

Hello there,

The border isn't really necessary and I think it looks fine as it does right now.

The launcher loads up on whatever screen your mouse cursor is on. I know you cannot move the launcher however doing 'Windows Key + Shift + Left/Right Arrow" will move it onto either of your screens.

The buttons are fine as they are, and the entire point of the launcher is not to be a launcher but to be an AUTO PATCHER! So it isn't pointless whatsoever and only slows the process by 1 - 2 seconds.

Commands can be passed by following the .gif in the spoiler below.

q0hla.gif

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

I'll make a mockup of what I expect it to look like, hold on.

Edit:

Spoiler

ac6f97713f6641f1923e77cfd282032d.png

Here's what I whipped up in Excel. It's obviously not that good, but I want to highlight these important features:

• Game launching buttons are larger and in the bottom left; they are the main focus and need to be treated as such
  • There's a settings option - let people choose launch commands in there, etc
  • There's a slideshow
  • Expansion is available, perhaps have integration with the forums - show notifications, we could also have a live service status functionality (which needs to load after the launcher itself - we don't want it to slow the launching of the launcher itself)
Edited by SharpOB
Example + Grammar
  • Upvote 1

Well if you want to make it go ahead, im sure the devs will be happy

That is what YOU EXPECT... Im sure many people 'expect' differences as well, the devs are happy with it and so are most other people who are not complaining.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...