New Profile Or Used one?

MattJJR

Question

Is it better to start a new profile or use one used before?
I have one profile and bought the game yesterday about 20 hours ago to be more exact, and i started that profile back when i used the demo, it doesn't have any mods with it but i'm a level 3 and have about 20,000 

Do you recommend i restart or keep using that profile

12 answers to this question

It's your own choice!

To the multiplayer you don't need any previously used profile, but I recommend you to start the multiplayer playing with an used account one, because, at last for me, it's too boring to use an lent truck and slowing earn money to buy your own truck. But, be on mind that starting with a new profile or an used one doesn't make any difference for your experience!

55 minutes ago, MattJJR said:

Is it better to start a new profile or use one used before?
I have one profile and bought the game yesterday about 20 hours ago to be more exact, and i started that profile back when i used the demo, it doesn't have any mods with it but i'm a level 3 and have about 20,000 

Do you recommend i restart or keep using that profile

I would recommend you use your old 1 because it takes a while to level up and no point resetting your account... Also make sure you have your own truck before you play MP

It's youre choice,but if you have no money to buy trucks in MP,you need to drive with youre one starter truck.

Or somebody is trolling you,you have 100% Damage set back,and you've got not money to repair the truck which is very bad.

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

Hello,

If this is regarding to MP then it would be best to use a profile for single player and a profile for Multiplayer. This is due to the amount of issues which people have. Having 1 profile for SP and MP causes:

1. A massive increase of money due to the time on the MP servers (Basically the MP servers gametime is in the future compared to your SP save)

But this happens if you have drivers in your company.

2. Having drivers in your company can cause your game to freeze for 10 mins etc.

Basically these things happen when you have drivers in your company and playing MP. So if you're planning to have any drivers in the future then make sure you play with them in single player and not mp. This is why I recommend using 2 profiles for this situation. 

Hope this helps. Happy trucking and welcome! :D 

My opinion is that you keep your own profile. I say that because it's what I've done, several times.

Yes, you have to work at it to get a decent truck BUT in the end you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you worked for what you have. You will also know that you are one of the few who plays on ETS2MP who built their own profile from scratch. :D

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

It really depends...

If youre happy enough with the profile you used during the beta, I would recommend going with that, as you already have a bit of money and xp. However if you want to start fresh youre always welcome to, it will just take you a bit to get back to where your first profile was. (the first levels do not take long to level up). But personally I would play with the beta profile, as there is probably nothing that can go wrong in terms of transferring the data in the original game. Lastly if you want to go a bit safer make a seperate profile for multiplayer as people sometimes get bugs with their first profile whilst playing on multiplayer.

You can use that profile for MP without issues, it's so recent that you won't suffer from many people's issue about getting millions from their hired drivers when they connect to MP with their SP profiles. Even more, in order to play MP it's recommended to start in SP until you can get the loan and buy your own truck, so you already have that job done. Only thing to consider is the issue with time not stopping in MP and how this affects your profile if you hire drivers for your company: they work all the time, so they are making money 24x7. If you want to build a "clean" profile, earning and spending all by yourself, remember to NOT hire AI drivers ;-)

Welcome to the game and the forums