Random placed Speed Radars

Suggestion Name
Random placed Speed Radars
Suggestion Description:
Every day (real time) the server will place some speed radars randomly at speedways, small routes, inside cities or villages.

Any example images

Nope

Why should it be added?:
All the vanilla speed radars are visible and with warn signs.
In real life aren't all speed radars be warned with a sign.
Some of them are hidden or mobile, small cameras on the side or inside a undercover police car.

• Upvote 1

G'day there!
As this would require modifying the game itself it would violate the terms of SCS, therefor TruckersMP would not be able to do this.

Thank You. :)

MP Productions - Matt

YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/2a4kQeM (Subscribe to support more content being uploaded)

Website: http://mattsphotos.com.au (My personal website, built by myself)

PlaysTV: http://plays.tv/u/mpproductions

5 hours ago, AirBiscuit said:

And do what, ban people who like to drive fast? I've been driving at speeds around 150km/h since multiplayer was released but have yet to have a high speed crash with another player, there's no point in banning all people who drive fast, ban fast drivers who crash instead.

If not deactivated, triggered speed cameras entail only a fine.

A ban will be imposed at the discretion af an admin.

Speed is no socery.

On 12/12/2016 at 1:46 PM, mattfleaydaly said:

G'day there!
As this would require modifying the game itself it would violate the terms of SCS, therefor TruckersMP would not be able to do this.

Thank You. :)

No it wouldn't.

It's called a mod for a reason.

There's probably an implementation that won't require modding the map.

Perhaps just check if a player is speeding and have a tiny chance to give a ticket?

What is the point of this? As a general rule of thumb, as long as you're not being reckless and rolling and wrecking into people, so what if you go faster than the posted limits? Most of us set our own limits depending on the road, like for me, on motorways I'll max at 70mph, on other roads that are either single lane either way or winding, my max is 60mph, regaurdless of what's posted on the road, yet I've never caused a wreck or driven off the road due to speed. 

Say at it is possible to have some kind of long winded layered coded set at certain points of the road networks, what is the punishment? A fine? Good luck, most of us either have modified profiles or have driven on their profiles long enough to have a very healthy bank balance, (with or without the aid of AI drivers). So a fine wouldn't make a difference. If the punishment is a ban, then you'll have very diminished player counts because people will refuse to play with the chance that so much as a small margin over will get you banned.. so really, there's no punishment that could be given to really justify having radars to clock speeds. 

If if a person rams you because they are speeding, record, report and keep on trucking, as long as people are g causing you harm by going faster than you, leave them be.

also, something like this is near impossible for mp to do efficiently without editing the actual map to add these zones and add the required code to track and lock your speed within that zone, plus in ETS2 especially, there are already speed cameras and such on the roads anyway.. 

all in all, as long as people are not effecting your ability to commute, leave them be, so what if they are going faster than you, especially the scout drivers, they will eventually provide you with comic relief as you can make a sharp turn and find them upside down from going too fast into the turn..

6 hours ago, CJ187 (Germany) said:

I don't want a ban system for over speeding players all time.

Only at some random locations.

the driver can see the penalty points and know, if he drive again to fast he must wait a bit.

That IS a ban system in a way.

If you want people to obey speed limits then go and play on EU1, because until "Do not exceed the speed limit" is added to the rules this suggestion is pointless.

10 hours ago, CJ187 (Germany) said:

I don't want a ban system for over speeding players all time.

Only at some random locations.

the driver can see the penalty points and know, if he drive again to fast he must wait a bit.

So basically, you want a system where if you are "speeding" within a certain spot on the map, regaurdless of weather, traffic conditions or trailer weights, then that player can be auto kicked/banned for said period of time?

now this is one of THE most ridiculous ideas I've seen on here and I've seen a fair few in the last couple of years. 

What at does it matter if someone enters a certain area faster than x speed? As long as they:

a. are not causing issues for other road users

b. Are being vigilant and are slowing down where necessary

c. Are obeying all other traffic and TMP rules

then leave people to drive at their own speeds that they feel comfortable driving at. 

Besides, punishing someone with a permenant black mark on their record because they didn't get slowed down fast enough, is just wrong, there's already enough to think about and watch for in multiplayer without having to worrry about being banned or kicked for speeding, it does not make one bit of sense.

its a bit like an idea someone came up with earlier this year. Where if you crossed the centre line of the road, you would be instantly banned because that person was fed up of people causing head on wrecks, which is understandable, but, like this idea, it was both flawed and penalised those who did nothing wrong instead of those who are in the wrong. 

Thats why this idea should be binned for a long time, at least until we can get our own economy in multiplayer that things like speeding, causing accidents and running reds are fined and it actually does something to "hurt" the offender, instead of now where it's super affordable to pay the fines as is. 

Why everyone want to be drive super fast?

This is not a racing game.

Everyday I see trucks flying around, bypassing at dangerous situations...

Everyone who bring other players in danger, everyone is driving to fast!

This is one chance to sloe down the players, because they don't have know, where are the speeding traps!

And no one will be kicked or banned with the first penalty.

And with the CB-Radio you can warn other players or can be warned by other players, where are the traps placed.

Try to made this game more realistic!

If you drive in real life like an asshole,  you get banned from the street too!

12 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

So basically, you want a system where if you are "speeding" within a certain spot on the map, regaurdless of weather, traffic conditions or trailer weights, then that player can be auto kicked/banned for said period of time?

Traffic rules consider factors like weather, road condition, dangerous street course, areas with the potential risk of congestions, vehicle weights, etc.

What at does it matter if someone enters a certain area faster than x speed? As long as they:

a. are not causing issues for other road users

b. Are being vigilant and are slowing down where necessary

c. Are obeying all other traffic and TMP rules

then leave people to drive at their own speeds that they feel comfortable driving at. 

Overconfidence is a cause of many fatal accidents.

Speeding is linked to and increased risk of accidents.

Besides, punishing someone with a permenant black mark on their record because they didn't get slowed down fast enough, is just wrong, there's already enough to think about and watch for in multiplayer without having to worrry about being banned or kicked for speeding, it does not make one bit of sense.

I agree - drivers have to consider a lot of things.

And speeding will make everything only more difficult.

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Traffic rules consider factors like weather, road condition, dangerous street course, areas with the potential risk of congestions, vehicle weights, etc.

Overconfidence is a cause of many fatal accidents.

Speeding is linked to and increased risk of accidents.

I agree - drivers have to consider a lot of things.

And speeding will make everything only more difficult.

The thing is, coding in a system that can factor in everything, is next to impossible at current, plus, it's not fair on people, full stop. 

If if you hate speeders, play eu1 or singleplayer, just because you want to drive at 55mph everywhere and have the time to do so, it doesn't mean everyone everywhere feels the same, as long as they are not causing harm to others, leave them be, why hassle admins or hamper the servers more with stupidity? 

Yesits nice ice to play realistically, but it's not everyone's idea of playing, that's the be all and end all, no ifs, ands or buts. 

If you have a grievance against me, send me a message. 

7 hours ago, CJ187 (Germany) said:

This is one chance to sloe down the players, because they don't have know, where are the speeding traps!

And with the CB-Radio you can warn other players or can be warned by other players, where are the traps placed.

Stop being stereotypical please, not EVERYONE drives super fast, not everyone drives recklessly, in fact on average 80% drive correctly or realistically or drive only slightly faster than real world.

so if you think about it, you are penalising up to 80% of all players just to catch the odd 20%.

please send me a video every day you play proving that you see people overtaking dangerously, or going way faster than is fair!

the thing is, what's the point of having a system where people can find out where things are and the first penalty doesn't make any difference to them? All I'm saying is that there's no point, it's easier to leave people alone and to record and report those who drive recklessly and cause accidents as a result, that's ALL you need to do, end of! 

Furthermore, not everyone uses or has the CB switch on, so that doesn't work, also this is a game after all, not real life! You cannot say that everyone is driving crazily for laughs? some might just drive like so to unwind from driving all day? 

So stop all the stereotypical opinions and think about it from a wide perspective for once.

On ‎16‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 4:52 PM, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, coding in a system that can factor in everything, is next to impossible at current, plus, it's not fair on people, full stop. 

@megadethsteve666,

many traffic rules are already realized in the simulator by traffic lights, street signs, road markings, etc.

If if you hate speeders, play eu1 or singleplayer, just because you want to drive at 55mph everywhere and have the time to do so, it doesn't mean everyone everywhere feels the same, as long as they are not causing harm to others, leave them be, why hassle admins or hamper the servers more with stupidity? 

I would like to assure you that I do not hate anybody.

Hate and anger are useless.

I do not want to drive at 55mph everywhere. I drive according to the given regulations.

Speeders endanger road traffic safety.

Always.

Only a overconfident driver will deny that.

As a direct result they endanger other players gaming experience.

That is why I think that @CJ187 (Germany) suggestion is a valid and useful suggestion.

If you have a grievance against me, send me a message. 

I'm sorry if you took offence in my last post.

Methinks thou dost protest too much, I guess.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@megadethsteve666,

many traffic rules are already realized in the simulator by traffic lights, street signs, road markings, etc.

I would like to assure you that I do not hate anybody.

Hate and anger are useless.

I do not want to drive at 55mph everywhere. I drive according to the given regulations.

Speeders endanger road traffic safety.

Always.

Only a overconfident driver will deny that.

As a direct result they endanger other players gaming experience.

That is why I think that @CJ187 (Germany) suggestion is a valid and useful suggestion.

I'm sorry if you took offence in my last post.

Methinks thou dost protest too much, I guess.

Yeah basic rules like lights etc are in the game, but mp rules allow us to bypass those rules, that's why basing any system off of real world rules will not work.

its not overconfidence to say that speeders don't endanger road safety all the time, because that's saying if you drive 5mph faster than the posted limit then you are going to crash 100% of the time, which is wrong, if you're doing 100mph on a winding backroad, then yeah you're going to wreck more often unless you know what you are doing and pay super close attention to the road. 

As as long as a driver is confident and watching what's happening correctly, they can drive how ever fast they want, it's not difficult at all. 

18 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Yeah basic rules like lights etc are in the game, but mp rules allow us to bypass those rules, that's why basing any system off of real world rules will not work.

How is it possible that the maximum speed is limited by the EU#1 server and by World of Trucks Jobs though the speed limiter can be deactivated in the game options?

18 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

its not overconfidence to say that speeders don't endanger road safety all the time, because that's saying if you drive 5mph faster than the posted limit then you are going to crash 100% of the time, which is wrong, if you're doing 100mph on a winding backroad, then yeah you're going to wreck more often unless you know what you are doing and pay super close attention to the road. 

As as long as a driver is confident and watching what's happening correctly, they can drive how ever fast they want, it's not difficult at all. 

It is a matter of common knowledge that higher speeds results in longer stopping distances.

According to the rule of thumb, the stopping distances are calculated by the following formula:

Normal stopping distance breaking distance [(velocity/10)²] + reaction time [(velocity/10)*3]

If you are cruising across town with 50 kph your stopping distance will be (50 kph / 10) ² + (50 kph / 10) * 3 = 40 meters

If you add 5 kph to that, your stopping distance will be (55 kph / 10) ² + (55 kph / 10)  *3 = 46,75 meters

That is a difference of nearly 7 meters.

It is quite evident, that this can make the difference if you will stop at a red light or crash into cross traffic.

(Note, that the above formula is used for passenger cars. It does not even consider factors that will affect negatively, like wet streets, etc.)

Again: speeders (or speeding) endangers road traffic safety.

That does not mean that speeders crash all the time. It means that they increase the risks significantly.

6 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

How is it possible that the maximum speed is limited by the EU#1 server and by World of Trucks Jobs though the speed limiter can be deactivated in the game options?

It is a matter of common knowledge that higher speeds results in longer stopping distances.

According to the rule of thumb, the stopping distances are calculated by the following formula:

Normal stopping distance breaking distance [(velocity/10)²] + reaction time [(velocity/10)*3]

If you are cruising across town with 50 kph your stopping distance will be (50 kph / 10) ² + (50 kph / 10) * 3 = 40 meters

If you add 5 kph to that, your stopping distance will be (55 kph / 10) ² + (55 kph / 10)  *3 = 46,75 meters

That is a difference of nearly 7 meters.

It is quite evident, that this can make the difference if you will stop at a red light or crash into cross traffic.

(Note, that the above formula is used for passenger cars. It does not even consider factors that will affect negatively, like wet streets, etc.)

Again: speeders (or speeding) endangers road traffic safety.

That does not mean that speeders crash all the time. It means that they increase the risks significantly.

Those calculations are flawed. They don't include braking intensity or factor in the fact that trucks have additional stopping features (retarder, engine brake)

The MAJORITY of incidents in MP aren't "players rear ending other trucks because of poor braking & high speed", you'd have to me really disingenuous to suggest they are.

We both know that it's people ramming other drivers, blocking roads and overtaking when it's not safe that cause the most problems.

Interestingly with that last one, even if you're doing half the speed limit your short braking distance isn't going to stop you getting hit.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:25 AM, CJ187 (Germany) said:

Have you ever stopped to realize that people speed IRL as well? Drivers aren't as perfect IRL as you may think, in fact real life driving is simulated very well in TruckersMP. If you're going the speed limit IRL you WILL have drivers flying past you. Same thing if you're going 10-15 over the limit, you will STILL have drivers flying past you. 

So, tell that to the real life drivers that they are actually endangering others. Not those drivers in a simple video game where if you crash you just repair the damage. Whereas IRL if you crash, you might die and kill others in the process........... Videogames aren't meant to 100% simulate good driving, they are meant to be fun. I speed in that game, does it make me a bad driver? NO, because I actually know when to speed and when not to speed.

23 hours ago, AirBiscuit said:

Those calculations are flawed. They don't include braking intensity or factor in the fact that trucks have additional stopping features (retarder, engine brake)

As I already mentioned at the end of my previous post, it is the formula for a normal stopping distance of a passenger car.

The emergency stopping distance uses another formula.

And trucks again another one with addditional factors.

However, my intention was to illustrate in a comprehensive way that additional 5 kph can make a difference.

23 hours ago, AirBiscuit said:

The MAJORITY of incidents in MP aren't "players rear ending other trucks because of poor braking & high speed", you'd have to me really disingenuous to suggest they are.

We both know that it's people ramming other drivers, blocking roads and overtaking when it's not safe that cause the most problems.

Interestingly with that last one, even if you're doing half the speed limit your short braking distance isn't going to stop you getting hit.

That is quite possible.

However, the suggestion was about randomly positioned speed cameras, which is why I focused on velocity.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

As I already mentioned at the end of my previous post, it is the formula for a normal stopping distance of a passenger car.

The emergency stopping distance uses another formula.

And trucks again another one with addditional factors.

However, my intention was to illustrate in a comprehensive way that additional 5 kph can make a difference.

That is quite possible.

However, the suggestion was about randomly positioned speed cameras, which is why I focused on velocity.

That's for a CAR, not a truck, a truck has more weight, but more sophisticated braking systems to help control the weight when braking.

furthermore, it doesn't matter if you speed or not, what matters is if you cause an accident and endanger other users, if you're not making contact with people and not forcing people off the road, then you should be left alone. 

Furthermore, speed cameras in a video game don't really stop people from speeding, what you going to lose? A little bit of virtual money? Bigggggggg deal and the whole ban/kick for speeding is just..... stupid, you'll be penalising 99% of players because you can gauruntee that number of us either speed, either on purpose or by accident, there's so much more in mp to watch other than your damn speed..

plus, real world circumstances dictate that you'll get speeders and speeders if speeders, same as mp, if you're doing the limit you're passed, if you're slightly over the limit, you'll get passed, besides, it's a game for crying out loud. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.