Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Some info signs

Suggestion Name: Player's information signs
Suggestion Description: It could be helpful for other players if there will be some more information near player's names. Like if player takes a WoTr job, a sign "90" would shown at their profile picture. Of if player's engine is highly damaged, a sign "!" shown

Any example imageshttp://imgur.com/a/j8phU

Why should it be added? It allows other drivers to see that player can't drive faster than 90 km/h or their truck can conk out. And it give them a reason to overtake or not overtake that truck.

-1 you can drive 90 with freight market job too, some people follow road rules and some people have their own limits take me for example 60 in cities 80 on 2 lane roads 90 freeway.

I dont find this suggestion useful in any way in real life you dont have this sings above cars and trucks... it wouldnt work and i think mp devs cant do that, SCS would have to do it i think... my opinion.

• Upvote 1

+1 Having this would make it very good for people to understand reasons behind your driving.

This could assist people in understanding that you might be driving slower as you are damaged, as a result they would not need to file a report which would mean that the reporting system would be less clogged.

Great Idea! Hopefully we can see something like this in the future!

MP Productions - Matt

YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/2a4kQeM (Subscribe to support more content being uploaded)

Website: http://mattsphotos.com.au (My personal website, built by myself)

PlaysTV: http://plays.tv/u/mpproductions

6 hours ago, antrax 737 said:

some people have their own limits take me for example 60 in cities 80 on 2 lane roads 90 freeway.

Yeah, and some of them typing their limits into player tag :) I just suggest to make a life some easier.

6 hours ago, antrax 737 said:

in any way in real life you dont have this sings above cars and trucks...

I think it's not right to compare a real life and game, even if this game is a simulator. IRL we haven't a driver's names above trucks, we can't see any vehicles on our GPS etc. If you don't need it, you can disable it, but some players wolud be glad to get some more information about others.

8 hours ago, mattfleaydaly said:

+1 Having this would make it very good for people to understand reasons behind your driving.

This could assist people in understanding that you might be driving slower as you are damaged, as a result they would not need to file a report which would mean that the reporting system would be less clogged.

Great Idea! Hopefully we can see something like this in the future!

Just as long as you're not stopped in the middle of the road players shouldn't be reporting you for just driving slower. If you're stopped in the middle of the road I will park and if you're not gone in 1 minute I will report, simple as that. Truck damaged or not you shouldn't be parked on the road. 

I'm mixed on this suggestion, while sure it would be nice to have a visual cue that a player is doing a WoT contract or their truck is damaged it's certainly not needed. If players seriously get mad at players who go the speed limit they need to grow up, or get off the game... In fact they shouldn't even drive IRL. People going the speed limit happens you shouldn't get mad over it and report. 

56 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Truck damaged or not you shouldn't be parked on the road. 

I'm fuly agree with that, but the reason of this suggestion is another. If you're move behind a truck and see a sign that it's engine is broken, you're know that this truck could be immedeately stopped (if player using simple automatic gearbox). So, you need to hurry overtake this truck or keep some more distance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sadly, there are currently no plans to add such things. Not only would it be rather difficult from a development perspective but also would it require the multiplayer to check for various variables which is currently not possible. The idea is good, however, it will not come any time soon.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.