Light distance slider

aaaMArtin

Suggestion Name: Light distance slider
Suggestion Description: I have noticed with recent updates, that the lights from headlights casted on the ground from other trucks, is only visible if you're within 100-200m of them. When trucking on a dark single lane road, it breaks the immersion when lights only fade in right as you're passing the truck. Also, if you're driving behind someone, the truck in front doesn't cast any light if you're a little too far back. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain. I know that there were no such limit previously, where the lights would pop in within a certain distance, but my guess is that this has been implemented for optimization reasons. Therefore, my suggestion is to give the user the possibility to change this in the settings. Give us a slider to set the distance for when casted light should be drawn in. Or if you have better suggestions, feel free to share. 

Any example images

VcGf3UG.jpg

This an old pic from quite some time ago, but you can see the lights drawn from all the trucks in the distance.

Now:

X23A9Cl.jpg

And when close enough:

HK1wUKT.jpg

Why should it be added?:

Just for added realism and immersion. I understand if it's been made like this for optimization, but it would be nice to have it as a user setting, so people can set it to their preference. It's very nice to see peoples lights around corners etc. on a dark road, and was a welcomed feature when first introduced!

Thanks for reading :)

• Upvote 8

I think it should be an optional thing, where players can turn it on and off (as this may increase/decrease frames slightly).

Apart from that, I think this can work in-game.

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• 6 months later...

I want to revive this thread as I feel like this suggestion is still valid today. I think the spawn distance on lights are way too low today. An optional slider or choice would be great so that people that want more immersion can choose a longer spawn distance at the cost of fps. The same applies to truck spawning distance as well, but I might open a separate thread for that if I can't find one.

• Upvote 2

I've seen a lot of crashes because of this issue. Most of the players only check their mirror when joining the road from a gas station or another road. So when its night they can't see the truck coming so they crash into eachother. I think it would be a nice thing to add for avoiding crashes like that. +1

2 hours ago, JeKnYan said:

Truck spawning distance (draw distance setting) can be already set, but it seems to be slightly bugged. Anyone else having that issue?

I sometimes have it. I don't know if they are spawning on the road, but sometimes people just show up on my screen. They were in the gps thou.

• Upvote 2

I agree with this 100%. I've noticed this on a country road a lot also. It would be better to be able to see the lights a lot sooner.

• Upvote 3

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

Nice to see some enthusiasm around this subject again! Maybe this time it will catch someones attention in the dev team :) I totally agree with you Ryeng, and I think it should be doable considering we previously (a year ago?) had the lights spawn in with the trucks. I also agree about the truck spawning, but I'm not sure of the complexity consering these issues. For all I know, there have been substantial changes within the MP code, which makes this difficult, but it would be nice to have an official word from a team member.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...