Much larger zone collision

skeki

@skeki

If what you're trying to solve is frame rate related for those, like myself, who own budget machines (although I'm in the process of upgrading to a bigger rig with either a 980 ti, 1080 or 1070 depending on my budget) then adding bigger NCZs will not make a difference FPS wise, it's to do with the poly count in a small area, the more trucks, the more that has to be rendered in. 

If if you're trying to fix accidents inside busy cities like Calais and Rotterdam, then again, not going to be solved because not only will it move bigger issues, that I'll explain in a moment, to other cities, but it will create bigger lag spikes, more careless driving will occur in these cities.

as for issues elsewhere and outside these cities? Well you'll always get those people who think every city is set the same so will barrel into cities at full speed expecting to plot on through people as collisions are off, only to find that collisions are indeed turned on. Also, on the outskirts of the cities where these NCZs are located, you'll have massive road blocking accidents because you'll have people trying to depart at the same time and glitch into out or blocking lanes for normal traffic. 

All in all, as a avid ETS2 and ATS player for years, this is a dumb idea in practice, it sounds fine in theory, but put in place, there will be more problems than good.

also, big tip, if you're lagging down to 3FPS in cities like Rotterdam, turn your graphics settings all the way down before entering the area and then turn them back up once you leave and are in a safe place to do so, that's the best fix if you have a budget rig, and lets face it, I bet 9/10 members here run a budget rig that's for sure, not everyone can afford £400 i7s and £800 GPUs, I'm just lucky that I've saved enough over the last year to really start building my dream rig.

10 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

@skeki

If what you're trying to solve is frame rate related for those, like myself, who own budget machines (although I'm in the process of upgrading to a bigger rig with either a 980 ti, 1080 or 1070 depending on my budget) then adding bigger NCZs will not make a difference FPS wise, it's to do with the poly count in a small area, the more trucks, the more that has to be rendered in. 

If if you're trying to fix accidents inside busy cities like Calais and Rotterdam, then again, not going to be solved because not only will it move bigger issues, that I'll explain in a moment, to other cities, but it will create bigger lag spikes, more careless driving will occur in these cities.

as for issues elsewhere and outside these cities? Well you'll always get those people who think every city is set the same so will barrel into cities at full speed expecting to plot on through people as collisions are off, only to find that collisions are indeed turned on. Also, on the outskirts of the cities where these NCZs are located, you'll have massive road blocking accidents because you'll have people trying to depart at the same time and glitch into out or blocking lanes for normal traffic. 

All in all, as a avid ETS2 and ATS player for years, this is a dumb idea in practice, it sounds fine in theory, but put in place, there will be more problems than good.

also, big tip, if you're lagging down to 3FPS in cities like Rotterdam, turn your graphics settings all the way down before entering the area and then turn them back up once you leave and are in a safe place to do so, that's the best fix if you have a budget rig, and lets face it, I bet 9/10 members here run a budget rig that's for sure, not everyone can afford £400 i7s and £800 GPUs, I'm just lucky that I've saved enough over the last year to really start building my dream rig.

look mate its a problem and its not solved from the start ..ill say from first day of MP... so i first will not lower my graphic just for entering  citys ...etc....they did not try this....when they try then you can say this doesent work its was a bad idea ..... have nice day!

1 hour ago, skeki said:

look mate its a problem and its not solved from the start ..ill say from first day of MP... so i first will not lower my graphic just for entering  citys ...etc....they did not try this....when they try then you can say this doesent work its was a bad idea ..... have nice day!

It doesn't NEED to be tried out, any driver who has played TMP for over a year will know that bigger or more widespread NO COLLIDE ZONES will not make a spec of difference, it'll just move the issues more to the outskirts of the cities.

take Rotterdam for example, say a no collide zone was set from the entry/exit points across the city, you'll have people glitching, crashing, blocking etc at those points where collisions are enabled again, so it moves the glitch issues out of the city and onto the A1/A16 down to EP and Brussels, clogging the main artery.

the simple fix is on a personal level, if you have FPS issues, lower graphics or go buy an upgrade, if you're sick of the city lag and glitching, to trips that avoid these over populated areas, you have a route editing system for a reason, it's why If I have to go to the UK, I'll go either to Amsterdam or Calais train station and cross over to avoid the carnage of EP and Rotterdam.

also, to push on your statements about it being an issue from day 1, not really true, it's only become an issue once servers filled up, plus, if it's such a big and fixable issue in your eyes, why hasn't it been tackled or accepted by the admins over the last 2 years? I'm damn sure I've seen dozens of threads on this same idea and all are rejected for simple reasons.

Big NCZ isn't always good... Some time ago there was a server without collisions. And it was almost empty all the time. And I don't think that make non-collision zones bigger will solge a problem. From my experience, most troubles are happens at a border of NCZ.

• 2 years later...