Much larger zone collision

skeki

Hi all..

Suggestion Name: Much larger zone collision

Suggestion Description : Associated with collision zone..... it is very easy for mod developer i hope :D 

I think you should increase the circle of collision zone in critical cities "at least for server EU2",

let's say the whole city, but only those critical like Amsterdam,Rotterdam,Calais etc..

Why should it be added: People with weaker computers have one second to five seconds lags....but I think that everyone knows...

I think it would help ...little at least.

Any example images:Nop

Edited by skeki
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

If they did that it would take all of the fun out of the traffic back ups. Plus you'd have some users thinking that there is NCZ in cities then they will try to drive through a player in a different city where a NCZ isn't and get banned for it. 

I saw this on my PC to :D  believe me i think is not that  fun to drive  with 5FPS then ram at someone and get baned fo no reason....

26 minutes ago, skeki said:

Hi all..

Associated with collision zone..... it is very easy for mod developer i hope :D 

I think you should increase the circle of collision zone in critical cities "at least for server EU2",

let's say the whole city, but only those critical like Amsterdam,Rotterdam,Calais etc..

People with weaker computers have one second to five seconds lags....but I think that everyone knows...

I think it would help ...little at least.

+1 

It would be better for players,but it would not be realistic

That solves nothing. What about the infamous road between Calais and Duisburg, should they make it NCZ too? What if some new place/road in the Vive la France DLC becomes popular and crowded, do they make it NCZ too? Where do they stop putting NCZ? If that's your solution for people with lower-end computers, we can make the whole map NCZ, so nobody can ram somebody else because of his poor FPS count...NOT.

People should know by now where are the hot-spots in the map, if their computers can't handle that amount of players, the solution is for them to avoid those places, not making them NCZ. -1

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

That solves nothing. What about the infamous road between Calais and Duisburg, should they make it NCZ too? What if some new place/road in the Vive la France DLC becomes popular and crowded, do they make it NCZ too? Where do they stop putting NCZ? If that's your solution for people with lower-end computers, we can make the whole map NCZ, so nobody can ram somebody else because of his poor FPS count...NOT.

People should know by now where are the hot-spots in the map, if their computers can't handle that amount of players, the solution is for them to avoid those places, not making them NCZ. -1

Well that's your opinion...I have mentioned only three cities....And yes we all have  i7... with milions gigs of ram  and trilion gigs of ram graphic cards! And problem is here from the beginning of MP as far as I know,

maybe NCZ its not a big problem but it's....

I saw this on my PC to :D  believe me i think is not that  fun to drive  with 5FPS then ram at someone and get baned fo no reason....

Yes I know I drive with low FPS as well but I can still manage, make sure there is space between your truck and the truck in front of you and drive way ahead of yourself. I believe a NCZ in side of select cites will cause more of an issue than the players with low FPS ever will. Plus if you're driving very slow all you'll do is bump the players trailer and do 0 damage. 

You'll probably have more players thinking the are in a NCZ running into players because they aren't in a NCZ. You have less players running into people because of low FPS, I've seen that maybe 5-7 times over 140 hours. If you want a NCZ inside cities it must be in every city on every server

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Yes I know I drive with low FPS as well but I can still manage, make sure there is space between your truck and the truck in front of you and drive way ahead of yourself. I believe a NCZ in side of select cites will cause more of an issue than the players with low FPS ever will. Plus if you're driving very slow all you'll do is bump the players trailer and do 0 damage. 

You'll probably have more players thinking the are in a NCZ running into players because they aren't in a NCZ. You have less players running into people because of low FPS, I've seen that maybe 5-7 times over 140 hours. If you want a NCZ inside cities it must be in every city on every server

Mate i have a  RL job as truck driver...... and i play this game when i have time... so now i have 1300000km  so when i say theres a problem i think it is ...Yes I am aware of these limits /points where starts NCZ....why not some ghost mod or something ....

And when NCZ stops  you're not going to be in someones  trailer while you go out of town..

Edited by skeki

-1 Nope, that would ruin the fun and realism of the busy cities and the traffic etc Anyway that would only cause problems at the entrance to the NCZ/city, look at Rotterdam Service Station as an example, no one has patience and everyone tried to leave at the same time causing chaos :lol: If the whole city was an NCZ this would happen at the entrance to the city and cause big problems and traffic jams the main road outside the city. The NCZ should stay the way they are.

• Upvote 2

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

10 minutes ago, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

-1 Nope, that would ruin the fun and realism of the busy cities and the traffic etc Anyway that would only cause problems at the entrance to the NCZ/city, look at Rotterdam Service Station as an example, no one has patience and everyone tried to leave at the same time causing chaos :lol: If the whole city was an NCZ this would happen at the entrance to the city and cause big problems and traffic jams the main road outside the city. The NCZ should stay the way they are.

I repeat you are not go to the city or out of the city stuck in the someones trailer......you probably would not even noticed  that you have entered in the NCZ..... but it would help IN the city because there is a lot of players

1 hour ago, skeki said:

Well that's your opinion...I have mentioned only three cities....And yes we all have  i7... with milions gigs of ram  and trilion gigs of ram graphic cards! And problem is here from the beginning of MP as far as I know,

maybe NCZ its not a big problem but it's....

And I have mentioned other places that would need that same solution to avoid problems to low-end PC owners. And no, not everyone have NASA machines to play games, but that's up to each person, if you don't have the hardware to play the last GTA, you don't play it or if you do, don't complain about having to go with 5 FPS. If the problem is here from the beginning, it won't be solved by putting bigger NCZ areas. In the beginning of EU#2 server, the whole map was NCZ and guess what? There were still problems with FPS in dense traffic areas and nobody wanted to play with people going throufh each other (which is what would happen in you make a whole city NCZ, same as it happens right now in repair stations, garages, companies, etc.). 

Since this is a suggestion, it's open to opinions, so of course that's my opinion. Still -1

• Upvote 1

My stance on this is still -1 

I have never ever once said you'll end up stuck in another players trailer when you leave the NCZ...... but you do know that this is still possible right? I've seen it happen when players are leaving NCZ. So I REPEAT you WILL have players who think they are in a NCZ when they aren't. So as a result they WILL end up ramming other players. This can be solved with NO NCZ in cities because they are NOT needed. I can see more problems with them in select cities than they would actually solve. There are other players who have horrible FPS in busy cities yet they can still manage to drive though the city perfectly fine. 

@DavidOC93 | Killua actually brought up a perfect example BTW. Look at the Rotterdam service station (if you've actually seen it that bad) everyone leaves at the same time resulting in players in other players trucks resulting in exploding trucks. You put a NCZ in a place like Rotterdam you'll probably have the SAME THING. Players will end up being in each others trucks when they get to the end of the NCZ resulting in the same explosion of trucks. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

My stance on this is still -1 

I have never ever once said you'll end up stuck in another players trailer when you leave the NCZ...... but you do know that this is still possible right? I've seen it happen when players are leaving NCZ. So I REPEAT you WILL have players who think they are in a NCZ when they aren't. So as a result they WILL end up ramming other players. This can be solved with NO NCZ, I can see more problems with them in select cities than they would actually solve. 

Up in the right corner is red info about non colision zone

^ Sure, but who looks there while they are driving? I sure don't :lol: Why should the drivers focus be in the upper right corner of their screen when it should be on road? AND on top of that you do know that can glitch out right? I've seen it to where I was in a NCZ without the NCZ text. 

Also, to add to this even more. That text won't stop anyone from driving in players until they get to the NCZ border. They will just keep on driving and BOOM TRUCK EXPLOSION, you get no warning when leaving a NCZ, you get no ghost mode when leaving the NCZ. Personally they shouldn't even add a ghost mode when leaving a NCZ because players just need to learn to quit driving inside of each other, then there will be no need for a NCZ (that aren't over interaction spots).

10 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

^ Sure, but who looks there while they are driving? I sure don't :lol: Why should the drivers focus be in the upper right corner of their screen when it should be on road? AND on top of that you do know that can glitch out right? I've seen it to where I was in a NCZ without the NCZ text. 

Also, to add to this even more. That text won't stop anyone from driving in players until they get to the NCZ border. They will just keep on driving and BOOM TRUCK EXPLOSION, you get no warning when leaving a NCZ, you get no ghost mode when leaving the NCZ. Personally they shouldn't even add a ghost mode when leaving a NCZ because players just need to learn to quit driving inside of each other, then there will be no need for a NCZ (that aren't over interaction spots).

Well good luck...happy trucking:troll:

^ Yes, if you prove that you had lag on your end then you might be able to get away with it....... BUT with that being said users themselves can see when users lag. When ever you're driving along and you see those players teleporting back and forth those players are lagging. So, in the report video you'd see that visually and I don't think a player would get banned. 

And this OP is what you get when you have players leaving NCZ at the same time, which is very likely when you place a NCZ at a very high traveled location, city or not:

We do get your point. Your whole point was that you wanted a NCZ in heavily populated cities so those who have lag wouldn't get banned for hitting others. Since this is a suggestion it is open to criticism from the community. The devs take everything into account, if a lot of people wanted to see this then they might add it. If a lot of people don't want to see this then they might not add it. We all gave you our opinions on why this probably will not work, yet you just seem to disregard those opinions thinking they are wrong. Which is ok, you have your opinion we have ours. Nobody here went to far, all we are trying to do is tell you why this will probably not end up working. You're defending your part, we are defending our part. That's what internet forums are all about. 

For example, you gave your opinion on leaving the NCZ. You said odds are you won't be in another players trailer so nothing will happen. My response to that was a video players leaving a NCZ...... in a heavily populated area...... In the video you can clearly see trucks flying all over the place. Service station or not the NCZ border is there, players will be driving inside of each other because it's a NCZ, it just happens. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

We do get your point. Your whole point was that you wanted a NCZ in heavily populated cities so those who have lag wouldn't get banned for hitting others. Since this is a suggestion it is open to criticism from the community. The devs take everything into account, if a lot of people wanted to see this then they might add it. If a lot of people don't want to see this then they might not add it. We all gave you our opinions on why this probably will not work, yet you just seem to disregard those opinions thinking they are wrong. Which is ok, you have your opinion we have ours. Nobody here went to far, all we are trying to do is tell you why this will probably not end up working. You're defending your part, we are defending our part. That's what internet forums are all about. 

For example, you gave your opinion on leaving the NCZ. You said odds are you won't be in another players trailer so nothing will happen. My response to that was a video players leaving a NCZ...... in a heavily populated area...... In the video you can clearly see trucks flying all over the place. Service station or not the NCZ border is there, players will be driving inside of each other because it's a NCZ, it just happens. 

I agree with you, but they should try it..like i wrote.... people are not so wild when entering or leaving the city so i wrote "all city the tree one should be in NCZ" ...still ....people driving behind each other right so i dont see the problem with NCZ border...

Yes, I will agree they are driving behind each other, but they need to. They can't go through other players because they will collide with them and get reported. Once players can drive though other players, like the service stations, I can see other drivers going through each other just because they can and they don't want to be stuck behind each other.... Thus the issue I am talking about. But, if drivers do drive single file there is no need for a NCZ anyway. 

• Upvote 1