Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

PSA: Is Your Parking "Broken"?

Trucking Gekco

Ok, so I have seen some posts on this forum about ETS 2 parking being "broken".... IT'S NOT TRUST ME. I just wanted to make a post telling users about this. ETS 2 users just aren't used to the new parking system yet. For us ATS users it doesn't even phase us because we're used to it already. In the new update SCS has brought over ATS' parking system, now you choose where you want to park!

Alright, so in order to do this you must follow the pictures below:

uDp1aGA.jpg

hFoCGfa.png

Once you do that you can select what ever parking style you want. 

Where do you need it will be the same usual parking ETS 2 had. Let's play it safe is easy mode and in a hurry is self explanatory. 

If you don't want to do that then do this:

sE5JTRD.jpg

Skilled is usual ETS 2 parking, Safe is easy mode. That way you never need to stop on the yard icon. And trust me users will THANK-YOU if you set it in your settings. I cannot tell you how much times users will get rear ended because they need to select their parking spot. 

• Upvote 8

That was my intent, I just hope that the good majority of users will set their preferred parking in the settings so they aren't just stopping at the yard icon to just choose easy or skilled.

• Safe Parking (Easy Mode) You literally just pull straight into a spot and that's it, plus you get 15 XP.
  • Skilled Parking, same as ETS 2 and you get 40XP or even 90XP. 

Those who keep on using the yard icon to select your spot expect trailer damage. Players will sometimes expect you to not stop and you might get 1-2% of damage on both drivers end. So do both of yourselves a favor and set your parking preference in the settings. 

• Upvote 1

Huh, that is weird then. I did have that happen to me when I was going to get these pictures to make this post. Try sleeping for 12-24 hours, that should update the market enough and then try again, that fixed it for me. This was also done in SP so I don't know if MP would make it act differently. But logically it should do the same thing. 

23 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Huh, that is weird then. I did have that happen to me when I was going to get these pictures to make this post. Try sleeping for 12-24 hours, that should update the market enough and then try again, that fixed it for me. This was also done in SP so I don't know if MP would make it act differently. But logically it should do the same thing. 

One quick job in SP fixed it. Now I can pick my parking in MP now. Thanks!

76561198060561409.png