what has happened duisburg road?

murray5521

Hi everyone I have not played the mp mod in awhile however I was randomly driving last night on the EU2 server and all of a sudden my computer froze and it loaded 80 trucks infront of me and I couldn't even stop I ended up crashing into the truck infront of me because my whole computer froze I don't know what has happened the road never use to be so popular?

I have never seen 80+ trucks on that road before has something changed?

Calais-Duisburg is a very busy road because a lot of people think that playing with a lot of trucks and in a two-way road is very funny (including me) and most jobs that start in Calais, Paris and some cities of UK need to pass into this road. The main problem with this road is the crossway with A1, next to Brussel, following the E.U. rules people who are leaving a highway have way, so they don't need to brake and wait. 

Now, just think a bit: Very busy road + opposite way = TOOOO LONG TRAFFIC JAM!

You need to pay attention mainly after the level crossing, coming from Calais, and after the gas station, coming from Duisburg. 

Perhaps it's time to change the rules regarding these junctions so that traffic coming off the highway has to give way. It makes more sense as if you are coming off the highway you are already slowing down for the junction while traffic on the smaller road is travelling at speed and it will be harder for them to stop in time. It is also harder for traffic on the smaller road to see if anyone is coming off the highway as the bridge blocks the view of the road.

10 hours ago, coldo121 said:

Perhaps it's time to change the rules regarding these junctions so that traffic coming off the highway has to give way. It makes more sense as if you are coming off the highway you are already slowing down for the junction while traffic on the smaller road is travelling at speed and it will be harder for them to stop in time. It is also harder for traffic on the smaller road to see if anyone is coming off the highway as the bridge blocks the view of the road.

I think this will not happen because the SCS Software, that made the game, tried to make it more realistic as possible, including the rules of traffic in Europe, so we can do nothing :( The mod developers can't do anything because they only implemented the multiplayer on the game, and SCS producers are not going to change the rules

2 hours ago, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

Calais - Duisburg isn't as busy now :( No more daily big traffic jams :(

DLC effect :( Maybe after some days we will get back our traffic jams :D But for now, we are still having problem with rocket truckers that will bump you if you don't open a space to let it pass and forbidden overtakes that will destroy your truck haha Annoying? Yes. Funny? Yes! 

Why would you want the traffic jam back?! It causes nothing but problems!

And yes we can change the rules of the junction, it's quite simple, the admins make it a rule that traffic coming from the highway onto the smaller roads have to give way. You don't have to change any of the map etc etc, it just has to become an enforceable rule in the same way that no overtaking on the Duisburg road is not allowed.

23 minutes ago, coldo121 said:

And yes we can change the rules of the junction, it's quite simple, the admins make it a rule that traffic coming from the highway onto the smaller roads have to give way. You don't have to change any of the map etc etc, it just has to become an enforceable rule in the same way that no overtaking on the Duisburg road is not allowed.

And free lane may overtake if an accident occurs and report

37 minutes ago, coldo121 said:

I played two days in Austria, Hungary and Poland countries and man... It's so... Sad... Lame... Lonely! :( I think what make the game so funny is people, even we have chaotic people who wants to overtake you in a traffic jam, people honking forever, people bumping you to get faster and much other things. This is what make the game beautiful, not the traffic jam itself, but people driving together do. Traffic jam many times are inevitable in Calais-Duisburg road haha

Yes, admins can say "now you, coming in DC road, don't need to stop in the A1 crossroad in Brussels-Rotterdam road, but... I don't know if they want this xD Sorry, but I think all thr situation in A1 crossroad very funny, gives an extra to ETS2MP. They say that is forbidden to overtake in DC road but I'm always overtaking. I think they say that to avoid reckless players that overtake everyone that appears, don't caring about no one.

11 hours ago, antrax 737 said:

@Lucas Andrade it is boring if you dont use anything but gas ga gas, you need to make your drive fun for yourself but no drive over 90 if you fail u should play need for speed not ets

I'm making my drive fun, but the problem isn't driving like a rocket, the problem is driving like a rocket BEING reckless. I can perfectly travel at 130kph and I know the moments to brake in a curve, I'll not take your lane and collide you. People who don't have this control need to drive at 90kph to avoid reports for ramming

As what you saw,there is something changed in that road,I used to went to that road for everyday,but one day,there was a big traffic jam in that road without any sign.Though admins were never let the big convoy drive pass that road,it's also having traffic jam now.So if you don't want to having a traffic jam,just change your navi to the highway bellow the road from the map.

I am a nice guy.

On 11/12/2016 at 1:45 PM, Lucas Andrade said:

Calais-Duisburg is a very busy road because a lot of people think that playing with a lot of trucks and in a two-way road is very funny (including me) and most jobs that start in Calais, Paris and some cities of UK need to pass into this road. The main problem with this road is the crossway with A1, next to Brussel, following the E.U. rules people who are leaving a highway have way, so they don't need to brake and wait. 

You need to pay attention mainly after the level crossing, coming from Calais, and after the gas station, coming from Duisburg. 

It may be the EU rules, but the markings on the road and the signage all point to the Highway have to stop and give way. All in all, it is better for all players/drivers approaching an intersection, especially as busy as this, to slow down and have patience. If you feel someone is breaking a rule, report them.

An8mXaY.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 7:44 PM, murray5521 said:

Hi everyone I have not played the mp mod in awhile however I was randomly driving last night on the EU2 server and all of a sudden my computer froze and it loaded 80 trucks infront of me and I couldn't even stop I ended up crashing into the truck infront of me because my whole computer froze I don't know what has happened the road never use to be so popular?

I have never seen 80+ trucks on that road before has something changed?

I don't know the reason, but a quarter of the server is on this road (It feels so ^^)... And then there are the trollers... They drive there and overtake, ram or hornspam others... Thats really bad -.-

I think there can't be a solution. The IGAs are doin their best.

Have a nice one!

Greetings out!

Oh i forgot ^^

Once i drove there i staied about 1 1/2 up to 2 hours in this big traffic jam. It's interesting one time. But not EVERYTIME! :D

So now have a nice one ^^

Bye guys!

ETS 2 Trucker since: November 2, 2012

TMP Trucker since: December 13, 2014
TMP-Forums Member since: February 6, 2016
TMP Staff since: January 24, 2019

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

76561198117916779.pngAddFriend.png

https://twitch.tv/robin_tmp

I'd like the good old traffic jams back, so I can actually have fun with my HiWay Iveco and 200t cargo ;). Please, give it back to me, it was so fun to drive with 310hp Iveco + 100t trailer combo before I got my "Blocking" ban xD

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

On 11/12/2016 at 2:45 AM, Lucas Andrade said:

That doesn't seem right to me but then i dont know the E.U rules. In the Uk its the other way round and seems more logical to me. If im traveling down the druisburg road and someone pulls out in front of me when exiting the highway without stopping your gonna know about my frustration.

Archived