How Many Air Horns Should You Have?

LouiDashcam

So I spawned in Rotterdam and I hear some honking that just about threw my headset off my head. Someone has 8 air horns on their truck, I normally have 3-4 on mine but 8 really just blew my ears. I took a screenshot but it wont let me add the pic so here is a gayzo link to the pic.  https://gyazo.com/17c642bb2586fe3810218c283dc2c596

I know horn spamming in one thing but is it also against the rules to have "x" amount of air horns on your truck? 

Ride them cowboy... yee haaww

0 or 2, as long as its symmetrical and not an abomination that 90% of the trucks are in the game.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

You can add Pictures,click on "Insert other Media" chose "Insert image from URL".

And i use no Horns :p.

Regards.

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the "screamer" variant of air horns because they are actually a small cluster of three horns per slot,  but they are small and dont overhang. More importantly they don't sound pathetic and two won't blow speakers and ear drums, so on my rig I run two symmetrically positioned on the roof rack. Looks really nice because they are compact, and they have the most unique sound without being weird or under or over powered. 

I only use my horn when it's an emergency, but if someone is going down the interstate and chirps their horns at me, I'll do a short chirp or two back. But I never initiate horns first, if I want to I guess "wave" at a driver going by opposite direction I flash my lights, as horns might make a distracted driver think there is danger. That is unless they honk at me first. Then I honk back and all is good. 

Try the screamer airhorn set. They are nice looking yet compact, and have a medium punch, without being overpowering. However because they are technically 3 pipes to one accessory slot, any more than a pair would be far too much, and is kind of the case in real life too. 

But then again in real life there's also the guys who hook up locomotive engine horns...train horns will definitely break glass...so I guess some drivers want to watch the truck and trailer burn I guess. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

On a couple of my trucks I have 4 but most of my trucks have 2, I also have plenty of trucks with no airhorns (moslty Scanias and 750hp or 730hp engine modded trucks with the Scania horn) The Scania and Volvo FH Classic horns are both great, especially the Scania so I tend to use the horn more in those trucks, most of my Scania's that have an airhorn have the 3rd one (Thunder I think its called) with a few exceptions like the Scania in the 1st pic ;)

I've about 3 or 4 trucks with 4 airhorns like that :)

cliWrvs.png

most of my trucks with airhorns have 2 like these :)

vog6Jn5.pngdiIZI63.pngfAgkwox.pngvsKgYvK.png

I like all the airhorns so I've a good selection of each type on my 200+ trucks :lol: I use them alot :P I wouldn't add more then 4

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

For drivers who actually use this strange and foreign concept called "common sense", 2 is fine for functionality and aesthetic purposes. 

For the "wannabes" who thinks that this is Gran Turismo or Mario Kart, or shouldn't be driving at all in a simulator (let alone in real life), 0...

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=85051 <--World of Trucks Profile

I play EU#1 on ETS2MP, North America on ATS

I drive the speed limit, stop at red lights, ect. (Unless I'm bobtailing on the autobahn :P)

I have thoughts about creating a truck club.

On 06/12/2016 at 10:44 AM, Dr_Dog said:

0 or 2, as long as its symmetrical.

This, I never use mine though as for me they're purely aesthetic. If I had to put a restriction on them, I'd say 2 maximum, but that's me being picky ;)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

I only have two of the same kind on all of my trucks. Mostly for decoration, though. Why two? 'Cause symmetry. There is absolutely 0 need for any more than one kind of airhorn. Add anymore and it just makes the truck look obnoxious. I better not even talk about who puts lots of them and make -constant- use of them. 

One type of airhon and up to two of the same for symmetry purposes is far more than enough for both aesthetics and functionality. Same goes for beacons. You don't need more than one (Space) or two (the simple single unit one). It's a truck you are driving, not a Christmas tree.

JDfvOAw.jpgukp8rR7.jpgfDiqIhX.jpg

Do I use those airhorns I have? Rarely. And when I do, I don't blast them like a lunatic like at least 60% of the community does (you know who you are).

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I have two horns behind my extra lights on the cabin roof so they are hidden. No need for me to see ugly horns that I don't want. If I want horns I'd want them on the sides of the cabin top instead of hanging in front of the cabin and on-top of it.

- No pictures as you anyways can not see mine unless you look from above! :D 

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sunort locked this topic

Archived