Steam Limiting Download Speed

Bonelius

Question

So I have been trying to get my steam to download properly but it doesn't. I have 6Mb/s Download and steam limits it to 200 bytes per second. I've tried restarting steam, changing download server and changing the limit speed but nothing works. I have also searched this on google but none of the suggestions worked. I can't download the new Euro Truck update 1.26.1s

-Bono 

Thanks for the help

3 answers to this question

First make sure that you selected the correct Dowwnload region. If you select a region thats too far awaay from your current place, it might throttle your total speed.

Remove the limit for download speed (select none)

Make sure that throttle downloads is not active and that you wre not streaming and that nobody (and also no other program) else is using your internet for downloading.

That also includes wathcing yooutube, twitch etc.

18848af3d56f45889db3b92d9d6b7ddb.png

Make sure that your harddrive has enough space and that it is not active at 100% (see taskmanager for that)

And also remeber that 6Mb = 6Megabit / second ~ 720 KiloByte / second

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

There are settings on steam to remove the limiter. go into steam settings and there should be an area for downloading.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

Topic locked & moved to Unsolved due to inactivity - Last reply on December 5

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff