How to Use the Rpm LEDS Built into Your G27 / G29

Minion_josh_

Hey All 

This is a turtorial made by me to use fanaleds on ets and ats. This was written for a diffrent forum but i thought its good to put in here.

Here's a updated version for ETS and ATS using fanaLEDS.

1. Install the program From there website : http://fanaleds.com/downloads

7OWkIyge.png 

2. Install and run the program .

3. When the program starts it may be on the task bar of your PC and to get to it click the little ^ on your task bar and click the FanaLEDS Icon .

qPUAE5ey.png 

4. Click active profile and find the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Profile Or American Truck Simulator

tTo1KHZ6.png

5. Click on the Help at the top of the window and click where it says Setup Games Automatically

hKlosIMI.png

6. Click Yes on the box that says about do you know the locations of your games .

yrAdS5Wt.png

7. Now Find where your Game Folder is located.
The easiest way to do this is to click yes and go This pc and then click what drive you Think or KNOW your Truck sim's are on.

kJZlVePs.png 

8. You should get a pop up that says Do you want to set up Euro Truck Simulator 2 For FanaLEDS . Just click yes and you might get 2 popups but just click yes and let it do its thing

v7clPLIn.png 

9. Open Euro Truck / American Truck and you might get a Popup saying advanced SDK detected but just click OK.

nbYZCqTQ.png

10. Start to drive your truck and the led's should start going on your wheel .

Minions Rule.

wM7CGWbD.jpg 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 1

76561198085588383.png

• 1 month later...

Download up-to-date Fanaled profiles for ETS2 and/or ATS:

For those who are interested I spent a couple of hours tweaking Fanaleds profiles for ETS2 and ATS. If you want to use these yourselves please download them from https://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=951&p=5094. Highly recommended for Logitech G29 steering wheel users and any other steering wheel with REV counter leds.

Great guide this. The software is really good and changing gear is made so much easier (especially eco driving).

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, Seveen said:

junk, this is not working and i not event expected to work since plugin is from 2013-2015

What issues are you having?

Works fine for me :)

Did you install the latest version of Fanaleds?

Then once, open ... go to Help > Setup games automatically .. then press YES and select the ETS2 / ATS directory :)

You can download my profiles from the forum found here if you are having issues setting up the LEDs yourself:

https://fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=951

Edited by pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

18 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

What issues are you having?

Works fine for me :)

Did you install the latest version of Fanaleds?

Then once, open ... go to Help > Setup games automatically .. then press YES and select the ETS2 / ATS directory :)

when i open the software and open the game,  in the soft status is waiting same with different versions, by the way i use a g27

Edited by Seveen

You laugh at me that I am different, I laugh at you that you are all the same

Go to your ETS2 / ATS directory:

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\plugins

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\plugins

... or ...

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64\plugins

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x86\plugins

Check that "FanaLEDsPluginETS2.dll" and "FanaLEDsPluginETS2_x64.dll" files are present in the folders above.

If they are not. You need to do what I said in my last post regarding FanaLEDs software > Help > Setup games automatically.

If they files above are present; then make sure you have the profiles by navigating to

"C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\FanaLEDs"

... check that "amtrucks.xml" and "ets2.xml" files are present. If not, download my profiles from the forum link above to this location :) 

76561198116137604.png

1 hour ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Go to your ETS2 / ATS directory:

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\plugins

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\plugins

... or ...

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64\plugins

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x86\plugins

Check that "FanaLEDsPluginETS2.dll" and "FanaLEDsPluginETS2_x64.dll" files are present in the folders above.

If they are not. You need to do what I said in my last post regarding FanaLEDs software > Help > Setup games automatically.

If they files above are present; then make sure you have the profiles by navigating to

"C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\FanaLEDs"

... check that "amtrucks.xml" and "ets2.xml" files are present. If not, download my profiles from the forum link above to this location :) 

this does make no difference, either way manual install or automatic install, all plugins  are in place

Status waiting and in the logs "Error opening MMF" i think this soft does more harm then good, 1 thing is for sure is not working and i am not the single one

Capture.JPG

You laugh at me that I am different, I laugh at you that you are all the same

Run the FanaLEDs software as administrator :)

If that doesn't help, then make a post in the FanaLEDs forum as that isn't a normal status lol.

76561198116137604.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just setting this up for myself now (I've attempted this in the past, wasn't very successful), so far I'd like to point out, if like me you have many games that will use this software, DO NOT just click "My Computer". 

Right now it's going through all the compatible games in that drive, so it might take a while :P On the flip side I suppose if this does work, my wheels LEDs will work with all these games. Will post back with results :) 

Edit: can confirm it's working fantastically for me so far, I've only checked one game so far but, I'm curious to see if it has configured the rest. Thanks for the guide, very straightforward :D 

Edited by Reaper

It is a lot easier to manually search for the games :)

@Reaper, check out the fanaled profiles section for other games :)

• Thanks 1

76561198116137604.png

See my profiles below and save yourself time setting this up!

76561198116137604.png

• 1 month later...

For those who are interested I spent a couple of hours tweaking Fanaleds profiles for ETS2 and ATS. If you want to use these yourselves please download them from https://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=951&p=5094. Highly recommended for Logitech G29 steering wheel users and any other steering wheel with REV counter leds.

76561198116137604.png

• 5 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 6:04 PM, Miguu said:

Trying to do this, but when i setup games manually, it just says that games found (none) even that i go to my ets2 plugins folder.

d566741cb312353ab1d081cc88005c6d.png

Click "Yes" then select the ETS2 directory manually.

76561198116137604.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've updated my FanaLEDs profile's recently - mainly for the new MAN Truck.

You can download the profile from here:

https://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=951&p=5094

Instructions are provided on that link :)

76561198116137604.png

Spent 2 hours today re-tweaking the profiles mention in most of my posts on here.

If anyone uses the FanaLEDs profiles that I upload to their forum; I suggest updating them :)

https://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=951&p=5094

Instructions are provided on the FanaLEDs forum thread.

Added VNL to ATS profile and MAN Euro 6 to ETS2 profile :)

76561198116137604.png

• 1 year later...

I have updated my profiles again over at the Fanaleds forum. Instructions are on the main post on how to install these:

https://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=951

• Upvote 1

76561198116137604.png

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...