Abuse of beacons

Does it do anyone elses head in seeing trucks driving past with 6 or 7 beacons on the roof?

Seriously, why do they need to have that many?

I know it's Save editing and I've seen people be banned for it, but there are some that slip through the net.

Personally, I don't think it looks good at all, it spoils the truck and is enough to send anyone into an epileptic fit! lol

Umm... having beacons on the roof isn't save editing since it's in the base game. But, that is excessive beacon use. All players need is 1 beacon bar or 2 little ones. For anyone reading this who have 5+ beacons ... your truck kinda looks dumb with all of those flashing beacons. We get it, you want to be seen but 1 beacon will do the same thing. If anything these beacons do nothing but make you more of a target :lol::lol:

Beacons are meant to draw attention, but when people put too many on, it becomes a distraction. No more than 3 beacons are needed imo, it just creates lag for some players and its basically like using a good tool in a bad way.

That used to be me... Used to have a disco truck. Now I just keep one bar and only have it on when I. have a truck that has one. Too many beacons are banned by some VTCs and I agree to that because there is no reason to have that many. 

I like trucks. You can say I'm a mothertrucker kappa... 

i had two beacons at the bottom of my truck then 1 at the top

apparently its not allowed -_-

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

^^ But some of the High Power Cargo DLC trailers have a beacon at their rears, and I think that all of them are 70 Km/h limited. They are not actually oversized or overweighted, but it helps to make the game feel a bit more "real". I have a single "radiant" on my rooftop bar and only use it when I'm hauling one of those trailers, so people can see from far away that I can be driving even slower than the speed limit. Not that matters, as lots of people drive full speed with the biggest rooftop bar full of beacons, but...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived