Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Calais to Duisburg Road

katethegreat

^

"Admins are exempt from these rules when on duty."

They can overtake.

Also from the same post:

"Driving without reason to and from or anything similar."

Drivers plan their route. If they want to use the Calais-Duisburg route, let them do it.

And if they have a load, they have a reason to drive along that route.

14 hours ago, Burner said:

We aren't allowed to close off anything and yes, we'll ban you for a "seemingly stupid reason", cause you go there only because you want to. You don't have to be hours on that road, getting it to move, checking who's overtaking, ramming, parking  and listening to complaints from players if they can't move, someone rams / blocks them and how admins don't do their job.

Unless you deal with those guys and experience what it's really like, you can call it "not letting players enjoy MP". But I guess you apparently don't get the point they don't enjoy it either if no one bans the guys who ram and that we gotta be there and deal with all that. They maybe do enjoy traffic jams, but they don't enjoy if admins don't help them, so eh, decide?...

So either respect rules, or don't complain, this topic is totally pointless as you drive there only because you want to, no other reason.

So since EVERYONE who goes that route has decided to "go there only because they want to" because they did not use an alternative route, then everyone should get banned, right?

And since cars can't carry loads, thus they are considered useless traffic (as they have no cargo being transported), then why not kick every single car on that road?

If this happens in real life, why not fine everyone who uses the highway to go home from work because they decide not to use alternative roads?

They want to use the highway, let them be.

13 hours ago, chipmunk179 said:

i must admit the admin is right but they should be focusing on the people who overtake i sometimes drive on that road at busy times like once every few days and there is loads of people overtaking and stuff and getting away with it 

Exactly. Why threaten to ban someone who drives along that route 3 times a day, if you could ban the rammers and overtakers?

12 hours ago, Burner said:

Then we might expect a ban appeal from you soon.

I'm also admining for over 2 years now, there's no way you could see what it's like on our side, if you've experienced that everyday, you'd know.

This is what I'm talking about, so we are apparently supposed to deal with stuff you guys cause? What about we just abandon the whole road and you can be stuck in traffic jam permanently and enjoy the MP as it'd be? You guys complain, while we gotta be there 24/7 because of YOU, no one else, so don't be surprised that you end up getting banned if we get tired of it.

So, threaten to ban people not because they broke the rules but because you are "tired" of the same person driving to and fro the same road again and again. And what will be the evidence of the ban? A 1-hour recording of this person appearing on the road 5 times?

I have to agree with megadethsteve666 with this one. I see no reason why people should get banned for simply using the same road multiple times day, even though no rules are broken, but because the admins are "tired" of seeing the same person 5 times in an hour.

image.png.701b87940b373cd99b50f1c9c3c76cb6.png

Are you serious??? Still 350ms ping in-game???

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that baffles me is that those of us who drive our trucks with loads going to and from Calais or Duisburg, we are the ones getting threatened if we drive more than once an hour, regardless of how we drive and what rules we follow or break, yet car drivers, people bobtailing (that's driving without a load) they are allowed to drive up and down the road time and time again, I've even seen car drivers pass the a1/a16 junction go along a little to the back of the line and flip a u turn and go back through it all again, yet they're perfectly fine to drive up and down, yet those of us who slog it out with loads going to and from, we get shunned and threats of bans for driving that way? Now that's not fair for all at all, that's just one rule for one, another for the rest. 

Furthermore, surely the no overtaking rule should apply to the entire road, not just one section because that's how you get accidents and bottlenecks happening which have a knock on effect further on down the road, if no overtaking is for the whole road, traffic flow will be improved because you won't get wrecks happening at different points of the road because impatient people overtake and hit oncoming or lose control.

that's surely a bigger problem than some trucker making a couple of trips down the same stretch of road in the space of a couple of hours. It's like saying anyone with a engine smaller than 600hp will be kicked because they can't pull heavy loads and so slow traffic down, it's just picking on one group of people and seemingly ignoring the rest. 

^No overtaking should not apply for that whole road, that would be very unfair, there are plenty of good places to safely overtake on that road and plenty of opportunities to do so, especially when its quieter early or later in the day. The no overtaking rule during traffic jams where that part of the road is highly populated is perfectly fine (not that alot of people obey it a anyway) so having a no overtaking rule along the whole road all the time wouldn't solve anything, would actually make things worse because those that impatiently overtake without thinking will still continue to do so whether there is a rule or not (like they do when there are traffic jams) but the those that overtake safely would end up no longer being able to and get stuck behind slower trucks and traffic would build up more so then if people could overtake. The current overtaking rules are perfectly fine and don't need changing. They don't matter anyway as tons of people don't pay any attention to it and just go flying up the opposite side (or on the grass) past the traffic. I also do not see the problem with cars and trucks bob tailing going on that road as long as they are not just going over and back.

There is a big difference between going on that road a couple of times a day and going on it multiple times every hour. When the road is extremely busy and has those big traffic jams it is a bit much to be on that road multiple times every hour.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

@DavidOC93 | Killua But its unfair now where people can just overtake at any point, not check whats going on and either wreck into oncoming, cut you off or ram into you to avoid an accident, especially ON the Calais-Duisburg road where traffic is almost always high, there is NO safe points to pass because there is ALWAYS traffic on that road, all youre doing is saying that its fine for people to pass however they want on the busiest road there is, I cant count how many times ive had near misses and clips with people who are overtaking me at seemingly "safe" times, only for them to either cut my nose off or not pay attention to oncoming traffic, and if you say, "oh you should give way to overtakers then and slow right down etc etc etc" you may get a virtual punch to the nose because it doesn't matter, in fact, if you slow down and give way, you open yourself to being overtaken more by those behind you and instead of dealing with just one overtaker that can potentially ruin your day, you may have 2, 3, 4, 5 doing the same thing. No, either no overtaking is allowed on the road at all unless it is necessary (such as avoiding wrecks or people parking in stupid positions) or designate areas of the road that overtaking can happen, everywhere else its an automatic kick if you are recorded overtaking outside of the zone.

So what if someone is driving slower than you, doesn't mean to say you HAVE a god given right to overtake them as soon as you get bored of being behind them, its reckless in my opinion, would you rather get to your destination damage free but a little later than normal or risk 30+% damage to your truck and trailer by overtaking those travelling slower than YOU want to?

Also, bobtailers and cars are useless traffic by definition, they have no purpose being there except to cause added traffic, what is there reason for being in the jam? why are they travelling that way? At least when you have a load on the back you have a legitimate reason to have the option to take that route, cars and bobtailers can go much faster and can easily take the other routes and get to their destinations faster without causing added traffic, think about the definition of useless for a minute please.

Also, yeah, multi times an hour seems a lot, but that depends on your dropoff points and all that, what if that person has a trip from Calais to Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf to Brussels, Brussels to Duisburg and then Duisburg to Calais? you might spend more than 3 times at least on the road within 1 hour depending on traffic and wait times, yet all you are doing is moving FREIGHT from one city to another, as per the games description.

I've seen plenty of people overtake safely on that road, I've overtaken a few times safely as well ,there are times when its safe to pass, its all about looking whats coming on your gps, looking at your surroundings and picking a place where you can see a good bit ahead and also looking on your tab menu to see how many are near you but alot of people don't do any of that and just overtake without paying attention to whats coming, those people that do that will still do it if there was a no overtaking rule so that problem wouldn't go away.

There is going slow and there is going too slow I was once stuck behind someone 20mph along that road (on the good straight parts) I and many others would want to be able to overtake people like that when it is safe to do so (unlike alot of others)

bobtailers and cars may count as useless traffic but they do not add as much to that road then a truck with a trailer, they are smaller and get by quicker then if they where a truck with a trailer,  if all those people came back on that road with trucks and trailers the traffic would be even longer.

Multi times in an hour on that road during the busy times when there are big traffic jams is too much. You could choose other jobs that don't go that way so choosing the shortest jobs possible that go along that road means your choosing to use it multi times an hour. Before the traffic jams on that road that would have been fine (3 times an hour no problem) but at the moment you just shouldn't really do that.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

@megadethsteve666

Why not stop chatting in the game chat? It's probably because the admins, who are always there, sees you chatting very frequently.

And of course, useless traffic are bobtailers like he mentioned, NOT legitimate drivers carrying freight, How to fix it? Impose a rule, ban cars, and kick everyone who drives in a car along that route.

For overtaking, I agree that overtaking should not be banned in "safe" areas. However, since you don't need a license to drive in TMP, there are people who do not know when to overtake and end up colliding with other vehicles.

1. If you want to go on that road that's your choice. Don't complain about the amount of traffic on that road.

2. When you go to pick a job and the GPS send you down that road, you can change the GPS to take you via Lille, Brussels and Koln

3. About 60% of players use that road just to add useless traffic. Some reports through the report system have players showing their GPS and it clearly shows that they do not have a reason to go on that road.

See the enclosed for the calais - duisburg alternative route

fqVPvNj.jpg

I am an ex-community manager and Game Moderator. All ban request via pm will be ignored and must be sent through the proper channels.

1 hour ago, Craigals said:

1. If you want to go on that road that's your choice. Don't complain about the amount of traffic on that road.

2. When you go to pick a job and the GPS send you down that road, you can change the GPS to take you via Lille, Brussels and Koln

3. About 60% of players use that road just to add useless traffic. Some reports through the report system have players showing their GPS and it clearly shows that they do not have a reason to go on that road.

See the enclosed for the calais - duisburg alternative route

fqVPvNj.jpg

^No. Craigals said "If you want to go on that road that's your choice." Which means you CAN use the Calais-Duisburg route delivering cargos to and fro. It is not stated in the rules. 

If you travel with a trailer that isn't going anywhere, (Eg trailer going to Rotterdam but you are travelling in the direction of Calais), then that is useless traffic. But since there is no way of checking trailer's destination from the admin's end, they have no choice but to not be able to ban these people.

Which leads some people to get warnings because they drive to and fro along the same route. I understand where they are coming from. But I am 100% against ban threats. 

If an admin decides to ban you for doing so, there's always [email protected]. An admin has no right to ban you if you did not break any of the rules.

Oh, and screenshot your trailer destination if you get banned.

14 minutes ago, Fallen said:

@Craigals, I can travel with a trailer where I want, this is not prohibited by the rules. Do you want to say that I'll get a ban for driving from Calais to Duisburg and back, delivering cargos? Then you have to ban half the players on the server. ;)

If you are seen several times within an hour we reserve the right to ban. I believe @Burner had this discussion with someone the other day. 

2 minutes ago, Strydr_ said:

If you are seen several times within an hour we reserve the right to ban. I believe @Burner had this discussion with someone the other day. 

Actually he has a point. It may be right to assume that if you appear 5 times in a hour, it may be useless traffic. A Calais-Duisburg trip will take about 30 mins. So pretty much you shouldnt appear more than 2 times in an hour.

But banning someone appearing 3 times a day? Unreasonable.

What I see unreasonable is driving forth and back on that road, knowing the problems you'll find there. I don't agree with tagging players driving several times a day on that road as useless traffic, as long as they are hauling cargoes. Useless, as it has been said before, are all those cars and many of the trucks without trailers (some of these can be driving to pick a job). But... Admins reserve the right to ban anyone, at anytime, at their discretion. If they are warning that driving on that road can lead to bans, best thing to do is avoid it.

21 hours ago, Burner said:

Yes, I don't know what part you guys don't understand, if we see you there for like 5 times and more in under an hour or something like that, we can freely ban you and you can say whatever you want.

You are already breaking the rules by going there without any reason, or by taking loads through there on purpose. Don't even try telling me you got only loads to Duisburg and Calais, that's an useless excuse. You are driving there because you want to go there, not because you are forced to drive there. You don't have to drive through there at all, but yet you do, so don't complain if you get banned.

If everyone else thinks the same, you see how it ends up, 200 + players stacked up along whole Duisburg road. "But I drove there only 3 times" - that's totally unacceptable with the current playerbase.

@Fallen please read what Burner said on this matter. 

^Yes. I agree that appearing 5 times in an hour on the road is a lot, and can be considered as useless traffic.

But NOT on taking loads from Calais to Duisburg and back. That should NOT be bannable IMO. Even if you drive to and fro Calais and Duisburg, you will only be using that road only 2 times an hour, which is less than the 5 times that Burner mentioned.

@Fallen Tell me how did you manage to drive from Calais to Duisburg, a 500km route, within 12 minutes, so that you are able to appear on that road 5 times an hour.

The put this to the point, as @stilldre1976 said..

People keep picking loads that simply go the distance of Calais to duis. They purposely go back and forth non stop, to which they are purposely adding useless traffic. There are loads of deliveries that go further and ever around that road, but those said people are still determined to use that road to get to their destination, thus adding to the chaos and being "useless" for the selfish fact they get kicks out of being in the jam.

In addition, alot of people choose to use that road and then spend the whole time moaning about the traffic, knowing full well, there would be traffic.

It's quite simple...

So let me get this straight, just because we, as drivers, decide to take loads that run the same patch of road more than once or twice an hour, that's "useless traffic"? Tell that to the real world truckers who might drive the same stretch of road 10 or more times a day regardless of traffic conditions, yet you don't see the police pulling them over and threatening to remove their license if they are seen driving that route more than a couple of times a hour. It's rediculous, and until a credible admin comes up to me in person on eu2 and tells me first hand to stop taking loads that way, I will carry on, I'm not breaking any rules, non at all, perhaps some of you here should check on the definition of uselesss. 

And before admins start start at me here, think on this, why are car drivers and bobtailers allowed to drive the same route multiple times an hour, yet us truckers that have a reason to drive through with an actual load, Howe are the Bain of the server, apparently...

@Fallen same here, I bet on average there's just as many cars and bobtailers as there are trucks with trailers.

i mean, by definition, the word useless means without purpose, without any usefulness, so how can admins say people hauling trailers up and down the road are useless traffic, when you have cars and trucks without trailers driving up and down the road more often than your average truck with a trailer!

17 hours ago, DjSpyder said:

The put this to the point, as @stilldre1976 said..

People keep picking loads that simply go the distance of Calais to duis. They purposely go back and forth non stop, to which they are purposely adding useless traffic. There are loads of deliveries that go further and ever around that road, but those said people are still determined to use that road to get to their destination, thus adding to the chaos and being "useless" for the selfish fact they get kicks out of being in the jam.

In addition, alot of people choose to use that road and then spend the whole time moaning about the traffic, knowing full well, there would be traffic.

It's quite simple...

Yes it's quite simple, let people drive with trailers how often and to where they want, ban those without a trailer or who are driving cars up and down the road multiple times, not the truckers who pick their loads up. It's like saying anyone who takes a load from the uk to the mainland or back should be banned because they are useless traffic in ep! 

As as long as people are not causing any harm, whether they drive the road, once, twice or multiple times, if they are not hurting anyone or are not causing wrecks, leave them alone, that's the simple answer. Admins should focus on the important things like overtakers, ramjets, trolls and clearing the junction up, not chasing someone who takes a coup,e of short trips per hour, that's their choice, as long as they don't cause trouble, they are NOT a problem or a threat.

Now reading these comments, I'm going to have my say. I tend to use this road a lot, as it is a major connection for me. I like to drive around in Scandinavia a lot, So I often do jobs to - and from there. This normally requires using the DC road, so I tend to find myself using it up to 1 - 3 times a day. Whilst this isn't the only job I do, it is a frequent road. Despite this, I have been recently exploring other jobs as the ongoing traffic jam on the DC road is discouraging me. It can be very chaotic (I even crashed into Burner at one point after swerving out of the way of another truck), and I have been exploring other routes. My main garage is in Amsterdam, so I tend to go there and get jobs out of that area. I tend to avoid Duisburg and Calais, and I am now beginning to avoid the whole road altogether. As a regular driver, I will admit it is hellish to drive on sometimes. It has its fun moments, but truth be told, this road is only going to get better if we stop driving on it for 'fun'. Whilst the strict moderation may seem a bit ridiculous, I can see why it is necessary. The traffic jam, especially, needs to go. I think we do only need to use the road seriously, and if you still like driving on it for whatever reason, at least try to take longer jobs and do it less frequently. Doing it 3 times every hour is very excessive, so I can see where the admin(s) are coming from.

Archived