Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Charlotte050

Ban cars  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should we ban all cars from Truckersmp?

• Yes
    • No

I always see cars passing me with huge speed and then crashing into things (other players). This causes enormous traffic jams and angry players so my suggestion is: Ban all cars from Truckersmp and only admin can drive those things anymore. I'm sick of those guys who think they own the road by driving 200 km/h trough a busy low fps area. STOP THIS!!! renember its a trucking game not a car sim + these cars have no function at all except for police, pilot

1 minute ago, Euro Trucker 2017 said:

Still its a trucking simulator not a car driving sim

Well it's not a trucking simulator now they`ve added cars, is it? I think it`s more of an online driving simulator than anything, and I`d like to see more cars.

EU #1 has no cars. That should solve this issue :) However, cars will never be removed as far as I know. They are a great use for traveling far / faster

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

Just now, Euro Trucker 2017 said:

Still its a trucking simulator not a car driving sim

Hai there,

Firstly, I completely understand what you are saying; Cars are extremely annoying in the wrong hands, and can cause havoc.

But on the other hand, the cars are not the issue. Its the people who drive them recklessly, and disrespect the rules doing so. Taking away the cars won't take away the trolls that drive them.

I hope this is understandable.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Not a car fan myself tbh, but don't think banning them will help... People did/still do the exact same thing while driving a truck. I go by, if they are driving a car or a truck with no trailer, stay as far away as possible

I also advise to record and report if at all possible.

If people knew how to properly drive cars, then we would all be fine. 

I'm not saying that you're wrong, since I totally agree with you. But for sure, MP devs have done a hefty amount of work into getting cars to this mod.

I've been through this before, but some solution I can suggest is to record and report the person doing this. Also, stay away from cars as much as you can. You'll never know what those players will do to you.

I may be considering to go back to playing ETS2 and MP because it's been around 2 months I last played. Reason? I was playing other games like Borderlands 2, so I took a break from MP.

Oh no :( here we go again :unsure: So banning cars solves the problem - am no it won't, the same things will continue to happen with the trucks, any trolls that use the cars now will just switch to trucks and then the only people that will be affected by the no car rule is the rest of us that love the cars and drive them properly.

If you do not like the cars then there is a very easy solution - USE EU1 - EU1 has no cars, if you do not like cars but decided to use EU2 or 3 rather then EU1 then just record and report the trolls and quit complaining about and asking for the cars to be banned, TMP team spent alot of time and effort on those cars and they are not going to remove/ban them, they knew some people wouldn't like cars and they left an option for you - EU1 which is the speed limited simulation server.

Cars are not and never have been a problem, some of the drivers are. I see just as many people causing problems in trucks. I really am getting tired of this attitude of all cars are bad, remove them etc and then there shouldn't be any cars in the game as its a truck sim etc, - having cars actually makes it more realistic, part of driving a truck is having traffic and cars around you. No matter what you do you will never get rid of trolls, its just a part of playing an online multiplayer game like this. The best and only thing you can do is to record and report the trolls, there is a good admin team that will deal with them :) but for every troll perma banned there will always be another to replace him. Its just a fact of life when playing any online multiplayer game. 

Go along the Calais - Duisburg road and you'll soon see plenty of trucks (often with trailers) speeding past traffic, dangerously overtaking etc aswell as cars.

Now I'm not going to say anymore about this because it really really annoys me :P

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Yikes... I swear, are you just unaware of the other servers that don't use cars or are you just thinking you are gonna eliminate an entire problem with a solution that doesn't even relate to the problem?

Trolls and irresponsible drivers happen. You can't stop it from happening completely. You can only do your part and record and report.

76561198060561409.png

Here's my opinion on the pilot cars..

The cars are not a big issue to me.. many of the drivers who use them to cause problems with others because of how the car reacts to taking damage verses a truck, are the problem.

I personally think the cars are a useful tool to those who want to use them accordingly to how they're supposed to be used in-game. (should never be used to block roads for convoys etc..)

Also, You can not blame many of the drivers of the cars.. the car does not handle well due to it handling just like a truck.

Like I tell my vtc members, if you ever come across a problem with a troll.. record them and get out of the area.. never retaliate.

If you do not like the pilot cars, do what many others have stated above my post.

- Chev. 

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

The issue with the cars isn't their handelling at all, it's that there is for some reason this thought from many users that because they can go faster, they're better.

Thenhandelling can easily be more so fixed by adjusting the sensitivity settings in ETS.

Fair enough the solution could be Tom move to EU1, but at the end of the day that is wha you these trouble makers want, they want people to have to move.

The best solution is to record and report.

It might take them a few bans, but they'all learn at some point that there is minimal tolerance for certain behaviours.

MP Productions - Matt

YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/2a4kQeM (Subscribe to support more content being uploaded)

Website: http://mattsphotos.com.au (My personal website, built by myself)

PlaysTV: http://plays.tv/u/mpproductions

ban cars from mp will definitly not stop trolling. They just continue/start trolling with a truck. whether you get rammed by a truck or car that makes no difference i guess and in terms of "high speed" driving - you dont need a car to overtaking other players with high speed. 

It would be a pity if the Pilot-Car get removed from mp because its a part of a convoy in any way or not?

The same drivers would drive trucks in the same way and cause crashes so it would be pointless banning them.

Cars are also a good way to explore the map and travel between garages.

Remember if you drive too fast and lose control it can be classed as reckless driving so just record and report.

Obviously EU1 is there for you if you don't like cars.

I really don't see the point of cars in this, what is the point of them exactly? I understand the pilot cars but all I see is cars whizzing by me and you have the dreaded fear when you see them come from behind expecting the huge bump in the back. I don't agree with cars unless you're going to have a purpose for them and there isn't. If you're going to let cars on the road you might as well allow some AI traffic on as well give it more of an experience in MP

I often drive a car and yes, the trolls give car drivers a really bad reputation. ETS2 is by far the best driving simulation game and the addition of cars sort of makes it a bit more realistic.

I'm getting a G29 at xmas and I'm probably going to spend even more time in cars thanks to the fact they have 6 speed gearboxes just like the *6 speed shifter which the wheel has. Its a good way to practice driving when you can't drive on the road for whatever reason.

21 hours ago, trill . said:

Well it's not a trucking simulator now they`ve added cars, is it? I think it`s more of an online driving simulator than anything, and I`d like to see more cars.

I'd like this too, Given how long it took to make the skoda though, this probably wont happen. Personally I'd like to see an SUV or two and some hatchbacks as well.

*I know the G29 doesn't come with a shifter but when it's bought in a bundle or both separately it does :3

34 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I really don't see the point of cars in this, what is the point of them exactly? I understand the pilot cars but all I see is cars whizzing by me and you have the dreaded fear when you see them come from behind expecting the huge bump in the back. I don't agree with cars unless you're going to have a purpose for them and there isn't. If you're going to let cars on the road you might as well allow some AI traffic on as well give it more of an experience in MP

It would lag everybody, which clearly explains no AI in both ATSMP/ETS2MP.

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

Archived