• Added: Better error messages when submitting a report
  • Changed: Report types, added a few and more granularity

Reports are now back

1 hour ago, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:
  •  
  • Added: Warning when creating reports and user is already banned
  • Added: Error if report is submitted and user is already banned

finally :3

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

I've been thinking about suggesting these additions for ages, now! Should have done it. Great that they were finally added, regardless. :)

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.11.2016 at 5:33 PM, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

Added: Error if report is submitted and user is already banned

really bad idea. So now rammers can get away with it just because they were banned for even more ramming? wow... you guys didn't really think that through... Let's assume player x is ramming and gets reportet. One week later, the report is accepted and player x gets banned for 3 days. But within those 7 days of waiting, he breaks the rules two more times, but no one can report him for that and he gets away with it... That's not really the point of the report system, is it?

1 hour ago, Spieker said:

^ I know, but this is nonsense in my opinion. They added this 'feature' because admins complain about too much work, but if I PM reports to admins, that's even more work for them and would make reporting way more complicated than it should be

So far this month we've had around 11k reports, same the month before and the month before that, You got to realize we're all volunteers, and just plain up saying "sorry, we can't accept this report" is better than a report sitting around for 3 months because we're overwhelmed.