Ignorance about red lights

NicoNugis

We all end up behind a red light once in awhile. How do you normally react to the red light?

Since i have started playing ETS2MP, i was also comfused while driving in the city for few days.

You dont know other driver,s reaction and i was sort of careful, but i was also very kind.

I still like watching traffic lights and signs, it gives me a chance to follow something, not to drive

like a maniac until i become bored or end up agnest another truck or a traffic post.

I also see ignoring truckers every time i play ETS2MP. I wonder,what are they thinking about while 

they are driving, which makes them ignore other truckers and signs. 

I am also an old WRC drivers. I used to play Rallycross, WRC, street racing games every single day after

school. But nothing has made me a speeddeamon of ETS2 roads. I mentiouned it,because some do say,

truckers who drive,s negligent are playing racing games and that is why they are driving like it.

Only extra theory i have is, that the clumsy driver is drunk or has never been to driving school, and which 

makes him unknowing about the traffic. 

When i see a red light,i deffenedly stop, and i usually have my foot near the pedal, just incase a yellow pops up and i have enough time

to brake safely. There is real-life rule, when you see a yellow and you cant stop safely, you can continue driving forward.

Drivers i usually see drive frue red light,no mather what. When i mentiouned,i watch signs, you should not stop when you have the wright,

you have the wright to continue your journey without stopping, unless the trucker is currently finishing his turn or clearly wont stop. These 

arefew moment when you afto stop.

When you ask me, am i angry when a trucker drives in front of me? When he is only finishing his turn, deffenedly not :)

What are your oppinions? 

Totally agree! I also stop at red lights. Too many people treat the game as a racing game, and in all fairness, it spoils it for those of us who actually bought the game "Because" it wasn't a racing game!

People just need to calm down abit I think :)

I'm my own worst enemy on this one XD

I will always stop at red lights when there are other players near me, no matter what direction they're going.

If there is no-one else, I will stop / slow, check one final time and then move out. I use the Minimap (GPS) as well as my Mirrors, so I can see if there are any trucks nearby that my mirrors cannot see.

If for some reason my delivery is late, I may run lights to earn time.

And of course, during a convoy lights are ignored, but this is standard procedure.

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

I am glad most of you are repsecting the red light. It deffenedly more fun to pay attention to the lights because it is a simulator. :)

Ignoring the traffic deffenedly does rulen the ,,simulation aspect of the game,, ,You get bored in short period of time and traffic raging 

can get you blocked, but it depends on the Admin oppinion, when you get in his sight.

Best way to enjoy driving calm is to keep your truck at reasonable speed, it keeps your preassure down and that also keeps you away from a

need to speed frue red lights and do dangerous movements. ;)

I always stop. Sometimes during a late night and I'm in the middle of know where, I'll stop, look, and go. Other than that always stop, if not you're for one ruining the simulation and two there's a good chance you'll get into a crash if in a busy city.

^^  Route preference is meant to be used when there are no traffic lights or at night, when traffic lights are blinking yellow. Common sense says that if you're driving and find a red light, you stop. In the MP game, you find some traffic lights that make no sense, they are there because in SP, traffic can come from a side even when the road is closed, in MP you have only one way to go and no traffic will come from a closed road, so there's no need for a traffic light there. But since they are and MP devs can't remove them, it's player's choice wether to respect them or not. I do, but I understand that most people don't. No need to say that I usually respect all traffic lights.

If players are around me I will stop at the red lights, if there are no players then I'll just run the red light since there is 0 risk of me running into someone. With the exception of playing ETS 2, if i'm turning left at the red light (in the UK) I'll go. If I'm turning right at the red light (any where else) I'll go regardless if players are there or not, just as long as it's safe to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived