ATS Freezing, but isnt frozen.

Crazy_2

Question

This issue has been going on for the past few days now, with no successful attempt made. I was playing ATS MP and randomly, the game screen froze, yet the audio (And im assuming the game itself) did not freeze. So i restarted thinking it was a glitch and it happened again, and again, and again. Even on single player, it happens. I emailed the email ATS says to if you need support, but they have yet to get back to me. So i am wondering, has anyone else had this issue that can help me fix it? I tried updating drivers, updating windows 10, updating Java... nothing is working permanently. It cant have anything to do with my PC either, as it is pretty new and has good parts: i5 6600k (OC'd to 4.2GHZ), 16gb DDR4 RAM, and a GTX 1070. All other games work fine. 

7 answers to this question

Kind of weird that it is happening a GTX1070.

A while ago, SCS Software said that Nvidia card users may have their Geforce experience set over-optimistically high values for game parameters (refer to: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/09/fixing-and-tuning.html).  So your settings might be set to a point where your card can't handle it and freezes.  On my 970, I generally have my scaling at 200% and everything else maxed out for ATS (and ETS2), but when I maxed out the scaling to 400%, the game didn't freeze or crash.  This is with a 1600x900 resolution.  I'm not sure what your resolution is but it would factor into GPU workload.  Try turning off MLAA and turning down your scaling in Options > Graphics to see if it helps although I doubt it will especially with a 1070, but its worth a try though.

I'm not sure whether your other games crash or not but sometimes when my games start acting up, a good old reinstall of the drivers does the trick.

Hello. 

A lot of players are faced with this problem in the ETS, and you all you need to do is to:

• Open Steam
  • American Truck Simulator  / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity Of Game Cache. 

When you do that just create a new profile and will no longer be a problem. :)

Hello,

Is this the only game this issue occurs on?

If so, try verifying the game cache or reinstalling the game and see if that helps you.

How do you launch this game? DirectX or OpenGL. (running game in administrator helps)

If you have bought a ton of trucks and you do have many ai drivers working for you in-game.. try removing a few of them.

Having too many workers and trucks is known to cause some screen freezes and major lag.

- Chev.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Hi @Crazy_2,

It could possibly with something to do with your GPU? Your graphics drivers may need an update, therefore creating stuttering and freezing in-game. 

Hope this helped. 

Edited by MrHarv
He wont be able to login the mods so removed Disabling mods line and verifying game cache has been said above

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Thank you all for the replies! After trying everything I could with what you guys suggested, here are my results:

I verified the game cache - Still crashing. I reinstalled the whole game multiple times now, probably 4 or 5 times. I tried running ATS in DirectX, OpenGL, in "Play American Truck Simulator" and also in safe mode. Safe mode appeared to be the best. I reinstalled MP multiple times. I have done other tests to make sure my 1 1/2 month old GPU isnt failing. I played other games, ran benchmarks, kept an eye on the temperature... its fine. What I did notice, however, is it appears to be happening when I change graphical settings. What could be causing that?