Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What makes a good ETS MP YouTube video

LouiDashcam

I watched a few ETS videos and I noticed some only have music. I know Merceli88 does them and he is really good at doing them. I also post videos but I have running commentary. I play with my friends and we talk over skype and sometimes teamspeak. I have 1tb full of ETS footage to go through due to people behaving badly and my friends having fun. When we want to ram into each other, we make sure we do it in a different city that has very little people in it.

Check out my playlist here 

Ride them cowboy... yee haaww

It's hard to say. The problem is what one person does, many others do therefore it becomes saturated. 

From my perspective, "Idiots on the road" and similar style videos have been produced so much that they aren't as good as they first were. It becomes the same thing over and over again and there's only so many ways you can crash so the videos do lose their appeal to people who have seen them for a while. I saw my first one well over a year ago and I could watch them over and over again but now I find it difficult to to watch one the whole way through. No disrespect to the producers, they are still really good it's just everyone does them, and they make a lot of them so it starts to lose it's novelty. This is just my perspective.

What you mentioned is correct, sometimes it's a bit dull without music, sometimes the music you put in it can put people off your video. Usually though, and this goes for anything, peoples reactions to stuff happening usually add's a lot of humour to what actually happened. For example if you see a video and the video isn't too funny but someone in the video laughs or reacts, which makes the video a lot funnier. The same applies to ETS2, so In my opinion, to make a good "idiots on the road" style video, I'd say try fit music into it, but if there's a crash and someone reacts then make sure you have that playing in the background.

Your video there was good, Got some great content, Pretty hilarious. The main issue with your videos though is that you do risk incriminating yourself and getting banned. "When we want to ram into each other, we make sure we do it in a different city that has very little people in it." Unfortunately this doesn't really matter, rules are rules and they apply server-wide so if you get caught, you will get in trouble. The odds are slim, but still there is always that one person who is quick to complain and if you do end up getting a ban or something then you don't really have anything to counter it. Also your swearing in the video, might be a bit of an issue in regards to posting the videos here, Just on Youtube alone is fine but the majority of all the videos here that get good view counts, pretty much got started by posting their videos here and getting popular. If you swear too much in your videos then they could get deleted from here, I'm not too sure, but this community is pretty tight when it comes to swearing. 

Other than that, it's all about finding stuff that people enjoy watching and want to see more of. If you film just regular, normal gameplay with commentary over it, I don't think you'll get far. Too much competition from Twitch etc.. whereas Idiots on the road videos are so common it's hard to get yours noticed. Personally, I'd be more inclined to try and think of something new. Something you'd like to see and think will get people to watch. One suggestion from me would be Challenges or something. Again this is just my opinion. Some may agree, some may not but I hope this helps at least a little bit :) 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

I am sad how ETS2MP can attract guys like you, who only play MP, to mess each other up, witch in turn it messes others up too,I do not like watching your videos as you both scream and swear at the stupidity of the both off you at driving,I personally do not find any of your own made crashes funny, Merceli88 has got it down to a tea as all the mistakes others make,are unexpected.

Comedians do not laugh at there own jokes (Wink)

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

19 minutes ago, Hey_Wtf said:

I am sad how ETS2MP can attract guys like you, who only play MP, to mess each other up, witch in turn it messes others up too,I do not like watching your videos as you both scream and swear at the stupidity of the both off you at driving,I personally do not find any of your own made crashes funny, Merceli88 has got it down to a tea as all the mistakes others make,are unexpected.

Comedians do not laugh at there own jokes (Wink)

Guys like us? We dont act like that 24/7 when we are on, sometimes we actually want to do a serious load and we try not to f up. The only reason we act the way we do in the vids is cause we are friends. and we are having fun. And like Loui said, we make sure that when we do f each other up that we try not to impact other people. We are not trolls. we are just friends having a good time.

5 hours ago, Miles! said:

It's hard to say. The problem is what one person does, many others do therefore it becomes saturated. 

From my perspective, "Idiots on the road" and similar style videos have been produced so much that they aren't as good as they first were. It becomes the same thing over and over again and there's only so many ways you can crash so the videos do lose their appeal to people who have seen them for a while. I saw my first one well over a year ago and I could watch them over and over again but now I find it difficult to to watch one the whole way through. No disrespect to the producers, they are still really good it's just everyone does them, and they make a lot of them so it starts to lose it's novelty. This is just my perspective.

What you mentioned is correct, sometimes it's a bit dull without music, sometimes the music you put in it can put people off your video. Usually though, and this goes for anything, peoples reactions to stuff happening usually add's a lot of humour to what actually happened. For example if you see a video and the video isn't too funny but someone in the video laughs or reacts, which makes the video a lot funnier. The same applies to ETS2, so In my opinion, to make a good "idiots on the road" style video, I'd say try fit music into it, but if there's a crash and someone reacts then make sure you have that playing in the background.

Your video there was good, Got some great content, Pretty hilarious. The main issue with your videos though is that you do risk incriminating yourself and getting banned. "When we want to ram into each other, we make sure we do it in a different city that has very little people in it." Unfortunately this doesn't really matter, rules are rules and they apply server-wide so if you get caught, you will get in trouble. The odds are slim, but still there is always that one person who is quick to complain and if you do end up getting a ban or something then you don't really have anything to counter it. Also your swearing in the video, might be a bit of an issue in regards to posting the videos here, Just on Youtube alone is fine but the majority of all the videos here that get good view counts, pretty much got started by posting their videos here and getting popular. If you swear too much in your videos then they could get deleted from here, I'm not too sure, but this community is pretty tight when it comes to swearing. 

Other than that, it's all about finding stuff that people enjoy watching and want to see more of. If you film just regular, normal gameplay with commentary over it, I don't think you'll get far. Too much competition from Twitch etc.. whereas Idiots on the road videos are so common it's hard to get yours noticed. Personally, I'd be more inclined to try and think of something new. Something you'd like to see and think will get people to watch. One suggestion from me would be Challenges or something. Again this is just my opinion. Some may agree, some may not but I hope this helps at least a little bit :) 

Thank you for your criticism, much appreciated! :D

I have my own video of just me dealing with idiots so I'll try and keep my cursing down a bit. I'll keep my friends off of here while I post my own travels.

Haven't gotten a ban yet, I been playing for a year and I never gotten a ban

Im going to change up my title a little bit to where it is not the same as others.

Ride them cowboy... yee haaww

@A Simple Cheeseburger w/ Fries 

Nice to here that you are not trolls, but by the way your videos are portrayed, shows us the opposite.

Why do you all ways swear? As you did it in your quote to me by using the f sign,I bet you would have typed it, if it was allowed :D 

Stay safe and have fun :P 

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

39 minutes ago, Hey_Wtf said:

@A Simple Cheeseburger w/ Fries 

Nice to here that you are not trolls, but by the way your videos are portrayed, shows us the opposite.

Why do you all ways swear? As you did it in your quote to me by using the f sign,I bet you would have typed it, if it was allowed :D 

Stay safe and have fun :P 

I dont know why I always swear. My friends have always swore, so has my family, so i guess its just the norm for me. That explains in the video when something happens i shout WTF! its just the natural response I have. :)

Just so you guys are aware, there are bannable offences in this video.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?

In all seriousness though, behaviour like this isn't tolerated on the servers and if seen by an admin, even though your friends, will result in a ban.

We understand that these are bannable offenses but as we said before (and i know that this doesnt really matter in the rules point of view) but we only do this to ourselves. We never do this to other playes just randomly for no reason. we are not trolls. i dont really see what harm this is causing by doing it to ourselves.

The main thing is putting in the effort. When people view your video, they will appreciate the effort (not that they notice). But the more effort you put, the better your video will be ie smooth transitions, music perfectly fitting the video, variation in your clips. People will appreciate that. It takes time also.

Also it works if you're talking over, you can fade the music track so it complements the voice. Also the voice should only really be used if it works and makes the video better if that makes sense.

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived