MARTIN M

I personally have the G29, but have played on both. They are both exactly the same, except for the fact that the G29 is for PC/PS4, and the G920 is for PC/Xbox1.

They both work exactly the same, so its just down to preference.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Just now, MARTIN M said:

Does'nt the G29 have more buttons? I don't wanna have to move over to the keyboard to.. do stuff ingame. 

The G29 has a few more buttons, but not that many. The wheels are designed for PS4/Xbox, but both work with PC also. The buttons on the G29 are slightly brighter (some are red, blue) whereas on the G920, the buttons are all grey and black, so a darker appearance.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hello,

Of course you are going to buy G29 besides G920,G920 is missing the shift lights and also the extra buttons.

For both of them you will have to buy the shifter because neither g29 have it nor g920. :D

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

You don't really use a lot of buttons in ATS / ETS 2.... in total I use maybe 8-10 buttons (I use a G27 so it's not that much considering it has 16 buttons + D-Pad). You don't need a lot of buttons for things that you can just press a button on the KB every 30mins - 1 hour. So I would base your opinion on consoles, if you might use it on the PlayStation buy the G29, if you might use it on the Xbox then get the G920. Think future, you'd hate to buy the G29 for example just to find out 2 years down the road you will want to use it on the Xbox just to find out you can't because you didn't get the G920. I know someone who uses the G920 and they don't use all the buttons. you'll have 10 buttons + D-Pad with the G920 and with the G29 only 2-4 more buttons by the looks of it... maybe. But, if you want the shiftier that is separate... and I hate the automatics in that game, they take too long to slow down in my experience. 

So really, it comes down to preference as others have said, but lets say you get a Xbox (or you already have one) and you bought the G29 the wheel can't be used for the Xbox. 

I was faced with the same question when I decided to get the wheel just over a year ago, I got the full set which is wheel, pedals and gear stick. I decided to go for the G29 and it is very good, it has more buttons and just feels right for me. I must say though once you transition from keyboard to steering wheel you will be amazed, you'll never look back

the only thing that holds me back from buying a G29 is the price, i mean it's not really cheap and also you need to buy the shifter separately.

and sure i'm convinces that it would be well worth the money, so i'll will consider the options xd.

just driving with keyboard and mouse eventually get bored in my eyes, also use my gamepad ones a while for the change 

I've gone from a G27 which I lost a couple of gears on the stick and I couldn't find a replacement shifter nor could I repair the potentiometers in the shifter so I got a G920 which I didn't like because the wheel has a flat bottom. I'm not sure whether the G29 is the same but I ended up selling the wheel shortly after I bought it and came into a bit of money so I bought a Thrustmaster TX.

If money is a problem I would try and find a G27 because I find it's still better than the newer generation wheels.

If you can fork out a couple more hundred on top then just get a Thrustmaster. You can't use the plugin (which I miss cause it's awesome) but with the right ffb settings on the TX is just as good.

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

They have both automatic and manual. Manual trucks are more common, and (coming from truckers I know) are easier and safer to drive because you can choose what gear you want to be in instead of the truck choosing for you, and in a truck being in control of your gears is very important since you should only use your brakes in an emergency, every thing else you should slow down with your gears. 

Archived