Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Reconnect

Alpy

Suggestion Name: Reconnect

Suggestion Description: There should be a command in ETS2MP where when you get kicked for idle or just not get in the server you wont have to restart your ETS again but type a command in game /reconnect

Any example images: None

Why should it be added? It will be more faster to people to reconnect other then quiting their game and siging back on again

This type of feature has been disabled on purpose, including that many similar suggestions to this has also been rejected.

It's to prevent when people get kicked for blocking for example, to just reconnect and continue on their action, etc.

Also, just restarting the multiplayer isn't that time consuming, so from my view, it isn't that big of an "issue" in the first place.

It's more fair for people in the queue if you have to restart the game rather than immediately reconnect. 

Also you should use the search feature as this has been suggested many times

As mentioned above in masses. A way to reconnect instead of having to restart MP won't happen. It isn't that time consuming to restart MP.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

This wont work, how can a system know whether you got kicked because of connection failure or because you've been blocking traffic/overtaking in busy areas and causing mayhem? it cant, its far easier to just quit game, restart and move yourself out of harms way than to reconnect where you were, think if theres hardly anyone online but youre sat in traffic, get disconnected so press a button and reconnect in that same spot? chances are youll glitch someone out or cause an accident by spawning in traffic.

So no, not now, not ever. Furthermore, this type of thing has been suggested so many times before, perhaps try using the search feature first?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What I find annoying with having to restart the game, is that I always get reset back to my home garage. Heck I don't even have time to drop a personal load and I am disconnected, and then loose the job I started and end up coming back to Tuscon when I was halfway to San Fran.Which means I have spent the last 30 mins. driving for no reason. How about extending the timer for inactivity. Would give people time to do things, as for players blocking traffic, they get reported with supported pics and then you suspend them for a period of time. It's simple, need to go AFK for 10 mins. Simply pull off to the side of the Highway and leave your 4 ways on, or Park in a Rest area or No Collison zones. Even set it where is the truck is in a rest area or No Collision zone then the timer is extended.

On 20.11.2016 at 1:49 PM, heyhococo said:

And a kick is a punishment, so it's supposed to make you restart the game so you learn not to sit there taking up server slots.

What about people that being disconnected because of temporary network troubles? It's a punishment for them too?

On 22.11.2016 at 2:51 PM, megadethsteve666 said:

This wont work, how can a system know whether you got kicked because of connection failure or because you've been blocking traffic/overtaking in busy areas and causing mayhem?

Maybe, it will be more correct to make a temporary bans? Like for 5-10 mins. It will be more adequate punishment then just a kick.

1 hour ago, heyhococo said:

Thats why the "Reconnect when connection broken" system was created, if you have a temporary network issue, you'll automatically reconnect :)

Unfortunately, it's not always works...

• 5 months later...

This has been rejected in the past.  Please use the search function next time.  It does not take long to reconnect by closing the game and starting the launcher again.  It also gives those in the queue more chance to reconnect.  Examples of previous rejections below.

Spoiler

Rejected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.