OBS recorder

Dafkee963

Hiya, VLC Media Player is always a good solution to open Media files.

Are you saving files in MP4 Format? They should open in Windows Media player...

When you specify the file path to save videos to, you actually need to specify the file extension on the end.

This will be of great use to you:

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-use-the-replay-buffer.103/

In short, It's not enough to say, I want to save it here, you need to actually specify the file extension.

In the example link above, the user uses the following for their Replay Buffer file path setting:

D:\Videos\Replay-$T.flv

Don't just use D:\Videos\ - It won't work. :)

Hope this helps!

~ Penguin

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

OBS records in .flv by default... to change this change this setting

o8dmm.png

As @Penguin said, VLC Media Player is one of the best Media Players out there and can pretty much play anything you throw at it.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Before this closes I want to say this. Your file probably won't open in Windows Media Player because it ends in .flv the Media Player doesn't recognize that file I believe. Now, if your not going to edit anything then there is no problem. But if you are going to edit the videos and your editing program does not recognize .flv files then there is. Change the file to .mp4 (recognizable by Media Player and video editors) To do this you should be able to go to:

• Settings
  • Broadcast Settings
  • On "File Path" erase flv and then type mp4
  • Same for the "Replay Buffer File Path" erase flv and type mp4
  • Click Apply then Ok 

Now, as I said if you are not going to edit the video then there is no need for you to do this since you problem seems to have been fixed. But, if you are going to edit the video then you might have an issue what that if your program does not recognize .flv files, which Windows Movie Maker does not. 

I tried to use OBS when my shadowplay just stopped working on me one day. For OBS, I play ETS for about 30 seconds then it kicked me out of OBS and my game. My shadowplay was working fine but then it just stopped working randomly. I tried to save a clip with shadow play and nothing happened, when i got back in the game it took 175 screenshots. Anyone know a good recording software that has no issues?

Ride them cowboy... yee haaww

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived