Double trailers for ETS2MP?

NicoNugis

I havent thout about it earlyer, but today i started to think about something awsome, and it wont be too complicated to add.

Something i thout about,was a double trailer pack in Multiplayer. Emagine how some players drive with long trailers,around the map.

I would like to point out one detail. People +level 20 or 30 are able to use it,because they have enough skill to drive trucks well (possibly)

and that is important,or else low level players will only use the trailer for their advantage to pull off their silly pranks.  Ofcourse double trailer trucks would be awsome but truth is,

it gives those people bigger responsibility.  In reality we do have few trucks in ETSMP which are wide and you need to be more precice while towing it, but it makes

this cargo much more fun because of its wideness.

There are two possible options,how you can pick up the double trailer. Maybe you pick up both trailers allready intact and just drive off.

Second option is, that you take one trailer, and there is another trailer in the same no collision area where you afto attach the second trailer.

Third option is abit more intresting, but gives you a chance to make your trip last for longer, to diffrent destinations. You pick up one cargo and

then you afto drive to a second location,where you attach a second trailer. And after that you take the trailers to third location(s).

What do you think of this idea, and which category trailers could be added?

excamples: car double-trailer, closed standard double trailer, log double trailer, full size trailer+small trailer

This would have to be implemented from SCS but they removed it after it broke after they changed something.  If you search for double trailers you'll find lots and lots of posts about this.

Also on MP, double trailers would be utter chaos as people can hardly handle one trailer without flipping or wiping out someone.

But last I heard SCS was working on some sort of tandem trailer features, not sure if they still are or not but it'd be cool to have. 

Please use the search function before making a topic next time, there have been countless topics about double trailer or tandem trailers before..

How to use the search function:

^^ As some other users have said, this has been suggested and rejected before. Even SCS gave up (apparently) in trying to put them in the game. Level restrictions wouldn't work, any player can cheat their profile or download one from the internet with massive level. Restricting their use in some cities would work the same as now with the "useless traffic" rule. People are not supposed to add useless traffic in highly populated areas and yet, a lot of the traffic in those areas is what we could call useless. I've been "swept" out of the lane or the road a lot of times, lately, by people who don't understand the concept of overtaking with a long trailer... Imagine those with 2 trailers! Just yesterday, I saw at least 2 players stuck at companies yards after a failed entrance (the trailer got stuck with the fence). Some people need several minutes to park one trailer. Others notice they missed an exit or a detour and start backing or U-turning. Imagine any of those cases with 2 trailers. I don't want double or tandem trailers in MP, it would add an interesting new feature for some, it would add a lot more chaos for everyone.

Heh, double trailers in MP.... TBH that would be both entertaining to see, but also annoying to see. Some players already can't drive with the car, never mind their tractor and trailer. Give them another trailer on top of that and then they really couldn't drive because they would get stuck everywhere because they wouldn't take wide enough turns. xD

Let's say B-Trains do get added either by TruckersMP or SCS, they will either A: Get banned because of the chaos they will cause or B: Require users to pass some sort of driving test and their account would then be permitted to use B-Trains. Now, idk about you but I can see A happening more than B because of how much driving tests they would be stuck doing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived