Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New states?

Rattatki

People already confirmed to you that yes, SCS will add more states to ATS (that's been known ever since before the game was released) so what I will add to the conversation here is a little tip...

I recommend you to check SCS's blog every now and then for news on their stuff. You'll always get to know what they are up to and stay informed about things such as this.

http://blog.scssoft.com/

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I can imagine that more states are on their way, but as said above the re-scale is their priority, so let's be patient ;)

• 2 weeks later...

When SCS starts adding more states, I'm hoping they'll add Utah first, just to finish off that one little "square" or "corner" of the US. And hopefully they finally have their two map dev teams, as they were wanting/hoping to have eventually, so they can work both East and North at the same time.

I've seen videos of people in MP leaving the map bounds of California (which is breaking the rules!) and being able to drive quite a ways into where Oregon will eventually be.

I've heard a few players talking to others in MP, attempting to get them to follow them out of the map boundaries in Arizona (again, breaking the rules!), saying they've found a hole where you can get out and drive into Utah, when I was driving between Kayenta and Page.

And as mentioned above, when SCS made their first Blogpost about the Rescale, as the picture above shows, there are roads leading into New Mexico.

So actually, hopefully, SCS may already have their two map dev teams and hopefully may already be planning to "round out" the "square" or "corner" of the US with Utah and hopefully start moving North and East simultaneously.

Also, just a request/mention to SCS Software (@RootKiller): When you guys start moving into Canada, I really hope that "The Highway Through Hell" aka, The Coquihalla Highway, will be recreated almost perfectly. Complete with hazardous road conditions. *coughblackicecoughslipperywetroadscoughcough* ^_^

Either way, I can't wait (I can. I have patience and understand the difficulties and time development takes) for more states. The sooner we reach New York, the sooner I can drive in my home state. :D

^ It would be awesome if they could re-create it though, but I'm fairly certain it probably wouldn't happen just because of the limitations of the older game engine they're using. It's nice to think about though.

Actually, there was a map mod at one point, a fairly poorly made one, but it had something interesting that it did and I'll give it props for this feature. It was the Off-road USA/Alaska map. And up in Alaska, there were roads the map creator had made where there was solid asphalt underneath a semi-solid layer of "snow" that floated just far enough above the asphalt surface, that the tires barely made contact with the asphalt underneath and it made it difficult to find traction. If SCS could recreate that, while not making it impossible to traverse like it almost nearly was in the mod, I think they could create similar, if not the same road conditions for the Coquihalla.

Food for thought SCS. :)

Well, i think we all agree that the more states will be in the game, the better ATS will become. However, just considering how many details are put into the map expansions, i think we will have to wait quite some time for the next expansion. And even though i would like to see either Utah or Oregon being the next stops for us truckers, since this would just add completely new conditions than the drives through the deserts into ATS, i highly doubt SCS will actually release those two first. I think the next stop will be New Mexico, just for two reasons: First of, you can see the roads are already entering that state, leaving the impression like SCS already created the basement for an expansion leading that way. And the second reason is simply due to the environment. In Utah or Oregon they would have to create a whole new set of assets as the scenery there is completely different to the current states, whereas New Mex is just another desert state, which would make map expansions entering this state a whole lot faster since they wouldn't have to change textures, buildings etc...

And i really agree with the guys above me, adding some snow would be really nice for some harder driving in ATS, and actually i think at some point we will get that, but i think we have to wait for at least one, two or even more map expansions before we get there. But sooner or later i expect SCS to implement something like that, because the game engine might be old, but anyone who played 18 Wheels of Steel actually knows, snowy roads were already included in those games, and that's already over 10 years in the past! So why not again this time?

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forraz locked this topic

Archived