ETS2 | Freezes over and over for 10 minutes after profile load (Solved ~ish?)

Forraz

Question

Well here I am with my first problem I can't solve on my own as of now.

I would love to get some extra ideas from others while I am trying to solve it on my own.

Basically what is happening is that I launch either MP or SP and when I reach the Profile section, I can pick any profile I want and the game will load to 100% and then just freeze permanently. Didn't really matter on what profile I picked.

Yesterday it worked fine, today it doesn't work and it's the first time I start it up today.

If there is anything you would like me to include in here that you guys might want to be able to find my issue while I am at it myself then you can PM or some of you even have me on steam. If you have a solution then ofcourse comment it for me to try out!

Pc specs

Spoiler

AMD Radeon R9 390 Nitro OC 
AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core 4.0GHz 
16GB RAM 
SSD (Can't Remember Name) 120GB  (Windows 7 is located here)
HDD 500GB 
HDD 1TB (Game is located here)
Water Cooling System 

Before some of you ask what OS I am using : Windows 7

Tried running in Administration mode? Aye I have. Didn't work.

Mods? Nope.

Overheating? Nope

Restarted PC? Yupp

Happened before? Noooope!

Reinstalled game or mod? Won't do that until I've tested everything else.

[+Edit]Suggested by @RayRay5 to remove the TripLogger.dll didn't work sadly.

[+Edit]Suggested by @Smalley to run it with different modes instead of my usual one (DirectX Recommended) didn't work either.

[+Edit]I have not installed any new softwares so that's not the problem

[+Edit]Not the Antivirus and Animalware softwares that messes with my game either.

[+Edit]Not any Tracker/Logger that is the problem but I've not removed the TrackLogger.dll yet

And no I didn't find a solution on google as of now :lol: 

Edit: I restarted the pc again and shut off everything except steam and plays.tv. Ran the game and it got stuck on the loading menu at 100% again. Was just about to take a picture when it faded to black / got stuck and then moved onto the menu screen and froze constantly with 30seconds of freeze time on each freeze. After about 10 minutes it ran as normal again. I'll change the problem (Title) into why my game freezes over and over again on start up.

well good luck to me! :) 

[+Final Add+] Apparently now when I tested it for the first time today it works totally fine again... No freezing, no extra loading time or anything.. hmm no idea what fixed it. @RayRay5 's idea to remove the TripLogger.dll helped slightly so I am betting that if you remove all the .dll 's for LogIt; It will work somewhat better but otherwise it just fixed itself. I am sure it will come back eventually but then I have already things written down to try and fix it or just wait it out.

Can be put as Solved (for me atleast)

Edited by 1nYX
Solved itself

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

14 answers to this question

I have encountered the same problem today. It must have to do something with the latest Windows Updates. I managed to get ETS2 to work normally again after I removed the dll files of the wotrdb Triplogger.

Do you use the wotrdb triplogger?

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Hello,

There are really 2 options I can think of currently:

• Deleting your profiles and recovering them from "profiles(1.25.x).bak

This method works for me all the time when my game freezes upon loading.

• Re-installing your Euro Truck Simulator 2 game

The last option you really want to go for is re-installing your game completely if you cannot find another solution.

Hope this helps ! :)

9 minutes ago, DZG - Recruiter Ryan said:

Hello,

There are really 2 options I can think of currently:

• Deleting your profiles and recovering them from "profiles(1.25.x).bak

This method works for me all the time when my game freezes upon loading.

• Re-installing your Euro Truck Simulator 2 game

The last option you really want to go for is re-installing your game completely if you cannot find another solution.

Hope this helps ! :)

Aye, Ta. I've already thought of those 2. I'll use them as last resort ^_^ 

Edit on this. I mucked around with my pc. Restarted it again, shut down all programs I had on except steam and plays.tv and then I booted the game. It stop responding on 100% again then after a while it went to black screen for a while then froze over and over and over again on the menu but it seems to be running. Sadly I don't have a fix to why it's freezing constantly for like 10 minutes before letting me play.

Edited by 1nYX

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

30 minutes ago, 1nYX said:

Aye, Ta. I've already thought of those 2. I'll use them as last resort ^_^ 

Edit on this. I mucked around with my pc. Restarted it again, shut down all programs I had on except steam and plays.tv and then I booted the game. It stop responding on 100% again then after a while it went to black screen for a while then froze over and over and over again on the menu but it seems to be running. Sadly I don't have a fix to why it's freezing constantly for like 10 minutes before letting me play.

The best option is to use the .bak for profiles for me.

Then i just re-create my truck, save the game. Then copy and paste the profile into another backup so you do not have to re-create your truck everytime.

30 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

I have encountered the same problem today. It must have to do something with the latest Windows Updates. I managed to get ETS2 to work normally again after I removed the dll files of the wotrdb Triplogger.

I use wotrdb triplogger yes but about the Windows Update.. I can't relate to that as I have Windows 7 + I disabled the Windows updates completely. MIcrosoft can't install anything on my pc. But you might be correct. I'll test that in a minute :) Just going to finish my delivery! Thanks for the reply @RayRay5

+FaceTrackNoIR+

33 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Ohhh. With this, Our company used WOT Tracking device.

I encountered a lot of lag when i installed this, so i read over the log files of the tracker seeing what was causing it.

It says that the tracker was failing to connect and kept trying to re-connect.

This is what was causing lag spikes / crashes. @1nYX @RayRay5

Did you installed any new softwares that might interfere with Sim ?
Did you update your software (drivers) ?
Did you try to ajust the graphics settings to lower ?
Did you Restarted Steam Client ?

1 hour ago, DZG - Recruiter Ryan said:

Actually I tried that, but it was working in Singleplayer. The only time it is having problems is on MP startup.

And in SP it was working fine all the time today

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

1 hour ago, CroTruck said:

Did you installed any new softwares that might interfere with Sim ?
Did you update your software (drivers) ?
Did you try to ajust the graphics settings to lower ?
Did you Restarted Steam Client ?

I have restarted the whole pc. Graphics settings is not the issue. All drivers is always updated to the newest except Windows 7 updates as those always breaks my games. No new sofwares.

1 hour ago, DZG - Recruiter Ryan said:

Ohhh. With this, Our company used WOT Tracking device.

I encountered a lot of lag when i installed this, so i read over the log files of the tracker seeing what was causing it.

This is what was causing lag spikes / crashes. @1nYX @RayRay5

I do not use WOT tracker I use LogIt

10 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Did you remove both, the Logit_LiveTracker.dll and the Logit_Triplogger.dll?

Did you also try running as Administrator and disabling your Antivirus?

I will try and remove those aswell. I went into the plugins section in ETS2 files and removed TripLogger.dll only but I'll try all of it.

Anti Virus wasn't the issue and not the Anti-Malware either.

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Let me see if I can help.

Have you tried holding ALT+TAB, then clicking on where the "peek desktop" button is?

Try updating your drivers

Have you tried verifying the game yet? If that doesn't work, reinstall the game.

@Devonracer02 seems to be having similar issues with ATS. I suggested to him to verify the cache, it found one bad file but it still didn't fix it. Could be due to an update. Have you tried opting out of the beta yet?

76561198206943368.png  If my post helped, don't hesitate to click that green up arrow! ^_^