Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Duisburg Country Road?

DJ Jefferz

What would benefit most on the Duisburg Country road?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think would help the Duisburg Country road the most to reduce traffic?

• More resourcing admins to maintain the road on a rota'd basis.
    • Make that section of the road 90KMH only.
    • Close the road completely.
    • Close the petrol / Sleeping zone on that road to prevent build up of traffic in that area.
    • Make this road accessible to Truck's and Trailers ONLY. No Cars or single trucks allowed.

This poll is closed to new votes

Easy solution to the issues is that people just need to have some common sense and some patience.

when there is a lot of traffic, people should allow for lag room instead of tailing trucks, if you're going to break the rules and overtake in a populated area, at least have the decency to clear the truck you're overtaking by allowing them to signal you, because of lag they may look clear for you but you might not be for them.

general thoughts about an easy solution anyways :) 

MP Productions - Matt

YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/2a4kQeM (Subscribe to support more content being uploaded)

Website: http://mattsphotos.com.au (My personal website, built by myself)

PlaysTV: http://plays.tv/u/mpproductions

On 11 November 2016 at 0:28 PM, jefferzuk said:

Maybe an option then since lots of people are saying admins do this voluntarily another idea would be to have a recruitment drive for this position. I'm sure there's a back log of reports as I did a few reports the other day and it took just short of 4 days to process.this confirms to me that the workload is too much for them It kind of ties in with option 1 where resourcing more by training up new people could help. 

Meet Moderator requirements > Wait for moderator recruitment to open > Become Forum Moderator > Promotion from Clarkinator to Admin ;)

And 4 days isn't long at all, by the way.

• Upvote 1

No , everything as you mention here in your post i not good .  I love traffic jams , dont like cars tho. But If you have a problem simply play on EU1 - Eu3.

1 minute ago, mcglynn14 said:

more admins on the road would be good

^Keep in mind that all admins are at different time-zones and are doing this on their free time. There are usually all of the admins that are available at the current time of day that is checking that road at the same time. (From what I've noticed)

Edited by 1nYX

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

^they already did that, when traffic is really bad that is a rule but it won't really help much as the biggest problem on that road by far is the overtakers (especially when its a truck with a trailer) any time I have been there in traffic its just one after another overtaking and then they often end up jamming up the road as they cannot get back in and end up causing chaos and it takes time to get moving. I was there once and an admin said in chat to not overtake but people still overtook anyway. The other major problem is people not giving way and those that force there way onto the road blocking it (I've seen 2 trucks at a time trying to get off the slip road both going the same direction. Unfortunately there isn't really a whole lot that can be done about those problems.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So In summary the votes show a trucks and trailers only rule seems to be the most popular. However I still feel that other things could be implemented at the same time. This road still causes problems am I'm sure other places will become the same. Hopefully TMP will do more about this. Fingers Crossed

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

In my opinion, most of the problems would be solved by itself if everyone would stick to the speed limit for trucks. In Germany, trucks can drive a maximum of 60Kmh on country roads

On 17.11.2016 at 3:41 PM, SedativSLK said:

[...]

If you get rammed, record and report.   If you don't like  EU2  you can play on EU1

I think I'm not the only one who plays on EU#2 because EU#1 is empty. We all play MP because we like to play with other people and everyone is willing to accept some accidents - but to say "go on EU#1" is not the best solution

• Upvote 1

I agree with my colleague's point of view!

Education is the basis of everything

The main point is not congestion,I understand that most ask to deflect the route, however, the purpose of the game is the simulation is not running.

Alternative 5 - could try it out temporarily, sadly the trucks without loads and cars not generalizing, are responsible 70% for the imprudences in the stretch .

You have to find some alternative to this situation. Report is excellent but not sufficient.

There's no point of complete closure of traffic or removing services along the route. I believe that overall observation and monitoring of the route should fix the problem along with some reduced traffic with not having cars allowed on the route as well.

Bless up on life and make sure you take in life everyday,

-NJ_Bapt

NJB.png

• 1 year later...

1) Game Mods cannot be forced to pay attention to a specific area.

2) Restricting the speed limit, even more, would not solve the problem. There will be other areas of congestion.

3) Has been attempted but did not work out as intended.

4) No way to implement that as of now. An automated kick when entering them is not a solution either.

5) People have a right to drive wherever they want, after all, it is a game to have "fun" (within reason).

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.