Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

SoftTH on the 64-bit game.

Ravia Devaia

Question

Hi!

Old trucker here asking for some help. Been away since the conversion to 64-bit only because of software breakdown.

What's happening is that I use a software called SoftTH, which basicly lets me run games over my 3 monitors, without me setting up the terrible nVidia Surround gaming or AMD Eye-finity.

When I set up the 64-bit version of the same software, nothing seems unnormal uintill you launch Euro Truck Simulator 2 64-bit. What happens is that all my monitors becomes becomes black, the software greets itself with its logo and the game launches on my left screen (which isnt even set as main display) and in 1080p. Nothing seems to tell the game to stretch over the rest of the monitors. When I use the 32-bit version of the software in and launches the game in 32-bit, everything works as intended.

I'm asking if anyone has used this program and run into this issue, or that anyone have a clue what it can be that I do wrong, as this happened since the conversion to 64-bit.

I've been really eager to play this game and try all the new features, maybe even spot the new fancy police cars I've read about, but this software is essential for me to enjoy this game.

Im thanking in advance for any suggestions or help. Every reply is greatly appreciated.

Links:

SoftTH mainpage: http://www.softth.net/

64-bit version: http://www.softth.net/downloads/SoftTH208balpha_x64.zip

12 answers to this question

Hi! New update!

I've finally managed to get it to work on my machine!

The solution is stupid simple and its basicly to run MSI Afterburner in the background with its RivaTunerStatisticsServer in the background. Part of the reason why I think this works is because in the 64-bit version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 struggles to follow the renderResolution (mine set at 5760x1080), and just shows the standard 1920x1080 instead, which is why the game was stuck on my left screen.. It couldnt stretch over the rest of the screens.. What I think is happening now is that thee onscreen software (RivaTuner) helps the game fully take advantage of the renderResolution that the game is supposed to run at, and because of that it functions flawlessly.

Figured it out by a mistake as I installed the afterburner software to get more details of whats happening and why it wasnt working x)

I might be right or I might be wrong. I have no idea really and this is my theory. But I dont care it works flawlessly now!

I run the standard generated config but edited forceResolution to 1.

I really hope anyone else can enjoy my struggle, cause believe me, it has been... WELL!!! Back to play!

Indeed I have, infact the game itself see's that the resolution is 5760x1080 and what to my eyes seems like it launches that way to, because it starts on the left screen (first screen maybe? o.O), but fails to stretch over to the 2 other screens (middle and right). The 2 other screens stays black.

Ninjaedit: On my left screen everything runs like its a normal 1920x1080 game, even though the settings says 5760x1080. Thats what makes me believe it's unable to stretch over the 2 other screens, which is successfully does in the 32-bit version.

Edited by Ravia Devaia

1 hour ago, Sysgen said:

Try to change the multimon value to 1 or 2

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/multimon_config.php

Hi, thanks for your reply. The multimon feature SCS offers is just a way to configure an already excisting surround gaming experience to modify it to your liking.

As they state themselfs: Only multimon configurations which are presented to the game as a single big resolution virtual screen are supported. You need to be using either Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity or equivalent depending on your graphics chipset type. 

I want to try to avoid using such features as they make the entire desktop into 1 screen, which makes using the computer hopelessly. Also it can get really tireing to activate and deactivate surround gaming, as it deactivates all my screens but the primary screen, which can be such an hassle to reactivate and organize afterso.

Have you tried it? I used to use SoftTH a long time ago and the impact on performance is huge. Using the computer with 1 large desktop with nvSurround is really not an issue for me and I don't understand how you can find an issue with that. If you think about it, SoftTH does the same thing as nvSurround but only when you launch the game. It creates a virtual display in memory which is stretched to all 3 monitors. By telling the game that you have a multimon setup it should display properly. 

28 minutes ago, Sysgen said:

Have you tried it? I used to use SoftTH a long time ago and the impact on performance is huge. Using the computer with 1 large desktop with nvSurround is really not an issue for me and I don't understand how you can find an issue with that. If you think about it, SoftTH does the same thing as nvSurround but only when you launch the game. It creates a virtual display in memory which is stretched to all 3 monitors. By telling the game that you have a multimon setup it should display properly. 

Hi again. Just tested it right now, it didnt work at all :( The game still wont budge from that monitor, however i got some strange artifacts. The menu's and intro's are now centered in a small box in the middle of the left screen. All the other screens are still black. However, when I launch the game and load my truck to drive it, it goes full screen on the left monitor only, with a stretched view, as the config forces it to be a stretched view on one single monitor. :( 

AMD Eyefinity isn't bad if you have the AMD card. It's a simple press to activate it on a simple setup and then it will automatically adjust all 3 monitors to work as a single monitor but get 3 of the same monitor for best effect.

Eyefinity isn't bad as you're saying ^_^ 

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

On 9.11.2016 at 1:54 PM, 1nYX said:

AMD Eyefinity isn't bad if you have the AMD card. It's a simple press to activate it on a simple setup and then it will automatically adjust all 3 monitors to work as a single monitor but get 3 of the same monitor for best effect.

Eyefinity isn't bad as you're saying ^_^ 

Hi!

Might be right as I haven't been using AMD on my main system since 2013. Back then i wasnt so picky as I am today and just lived with the "software" split to make it 3 screens again. But really all this is, is just a window manager to make windows fit on each screen. For example if you launch an fullscreen application, youtube for example and watch a video fullscreen, it will still go over my 3 screens. And in productive use this isnt an alternative today.

Now that I've gone for nVidia, its surround is basicly the same. However when I activate and deactivate it, it fiddles with my screens, and activates only my main display, making me go into menu's to reactivate and rearrange everything again. And because of this it holds me back from playing this game.

This is the only game where this issue happens, and it worked before the 64-bit. Im in a trucking mood now and kinda miss this game which is why I try to make it work again, but is met with the same frustration as I had back with the 64-bit conversion. And because not many games is 64-bit, SoftTH hasnt really updated their version yet. :(

• Upvote 1