How to properly create a report and give valid evidence

marco6158

"How to properly create a report and give valid evidence"

Hello everyone. I decided to create this tutorial since many people don't know how to properly fill in a report and give us proper evidence and this is an issue that has been around for quite some time.

With so many reports coming in, a perfect report that has only what we really need to ban a player, is what would let us to check reports faster and better.

-PART 1 : Recording/Capturing an offence

Many players record their sessions but some players can't use a recording program because their PC is slow and using a recording program would cause even more lag. Here's what you can do to give us proper evidence, whether it's a video or a picture.

Video Evidence

Recording an offence is always the best thing, it shows exactly what happened!

However even if recordings are evidence that can't be proven wrong (almost), there are always some issues related to video evidence: very long videos with unrelated content, incomplete evidence, missing informations and video reports that would only need an image (I'll talk about this later).

If you record your whole session on Twitch or YouTube (or similar), or you like to create compilations of reports that are longer than a few minutes, we need you to put in your report the exact time when the accident happens, we can't watch minutes and minutes of videos until the evidence pops up.

Writing where in the video we have to look, will let us check only what we need for that report and we will be able to check it faster and go check another report. We really like your videos, but we don't want to watch them when we're doing our "job".

This apply to shorter videos too: usually an evidence needed for a ban is from 10 to 30 seconds long, we know you're a good driver! But please show us only what we need for the report, you can always show off your driving style in the videos topic, we'll appreciate it much more there!

Something like this would be enough for longer (or multi reports) videos (/pinfo in the video or in the report would be appreciated):

5lss6q7.png

Obviously we love short videos since they're faster to check and they contain what we need, but don't cut them too much (giving videos that could lead to some misunderstandings)! If the evidence of the video is too long you can still speed up the video.

Always check the videos you give us, so we don't have to decline them for Wrong or Insufficent evidence! No one will waste time, we won't have to check a bad report and you won't have to create a new one. It's also important to give us evidence that happened recently, you can't report a player for an offence which is older than one month.

Photo Evidence

As I said, some people can't (or don't want to) use a recording program, that's fine!

Some things can only be documented with a video (ramming and spamming cb for example) but other offences that can be documented with pictures are good as video evidence! You only need to take those screenshots properly!

Things like blocking, insulting, driving a car with trailer, excessive save editing, inappropriate name/tag/picture, are fine with one or more screenshots.

To prove that some player is blocking with screenshots you need to give us at least two pics (where you show the in-game time, so we can see how long he/she/it blocked). You can also use the /time chat commend to show real time.

In most cases one picture for blocking is not enough.

Obviously we ask for original and unedited screenshots, this is just an example to show what a valid evidence for blocking with a picture would look like:

9S5xEDC.png

For proof like insulting/spamming chat/inappropriate language (etcetera) it would be better to have an in-game screenshot of the chat, sending us a picture of the chat logs would take longer to check and will probally be declined since logs can be easily edited (unless they get checked by higher ranks).

While making a good report for blocking is pretty easy (if you're patient), creating report to prove ramming with screenshots is not enough.

Unless you manage to take many screenshots in a small time, creating a stop motion evidence, which should be enough (even better if it's uploaded to some pic hosting website as an album).

Creating reports for inappropriate overtake (talking about overtaking traffic jams), can be reported with screenshots, but one screenshot only isn't enough to prove that the player is moving. To provide a valid report for "overtaking a traffic jam" you should provide at least 2 screenshotsNEW

-PART 2 : Stuff that doesn't need to be reported

Now that you learnt what you can do with your F12 key and with your short videos, you're ready to fill in a report. But wait a moment! Not everything you see is a bannable offence or a kickable offence, as you know punishments depends on which admin deals with the report, I'm here to show you what you don't need to report because no action will be taken!

As you surely know we have server rules and we often look at EU and UK driving regulations for ETS2 and US driving regulations for ATS, but we do not punish for every thing you do that's against real traffic rules, we're not monsters, yet.

Here are some examples (more will eventually come) of things you don't have to report.

-Parking on the hard shoulder (or in the grass).

It's allowed as long as you don't block the driving lanes, to make an example those two things, are completely fine (unless where TruckersMP rules forbid to do so, Europoort, Rotterdam, busy roads like Duisburg-Calais):

A1M31TO.jpg

-Ignoring traffic lights.

There's nothing wrong going past red lights if you don't want to wait a minute (or even less), you can do that.

Ignoring traffic lights becomes a problem when you ram someone or force someone to change their direction because you decided to ignore a traffic light with players around, that's a bannable offence and you will be probally banned for it.

-Overtaking in solid lines/Ignoring some markings.

There's nothing wrong in overtaking when there are solid lines as long as the overtake is clean and it does not result in an accident or it makes one or more players crash to avoid a reckless overtaker. Overtaking on a single lane road is NOT considered as driving wrong way! That's simply an overtake.

Remember that overtaking is not allowed at all in some places (EP, Duisburg-Calais when there's heavy traffic for example).

Remember that evidence which show a player who speed up while being overtaken by another player could result in a ban for both players.

-Insulting.

No one like to be called names, everyone got called names at least once in their life and I'm sure you didn't appreciate that.

However the word "Idiot" is not something we ban for, we kick for it so you don't need to make a report for this. Obviously you can't go around calling every player an idiot, any excessive use of the word or similar (placing profanities with it) won't be tolerated. And in that situation we'll be happy to deal with that report.

-PART 3 : How to fill in a report properly

Now that you learned how to use your F12 key, how to send us your videos and you know what you can report and what not, you're ready to know how to fill in a report properly!

With so many reports coming in, giving necessary and correct informations in the report is really important to deal with a report properly and in a fast way.

You will be asked to give us the TruckersMP ID. The TruckersMP ID is not the number that you see near players' name, that's the in-game ID and it's temporary, we have no use of it. The TMPID is the number you get when writing /pinfo or when reporting a player in-game, and it's also the same number we'd love to see in your evidence, it's really helpful for us to check if you reported the right player.

Here's where you can see the TMP ID (you'll be able to find it in the chat log in Documents->ETS2MP or ATSMP->logs):

W4LkG02.png

The other things are pretty simple to understand, just fill in the evidence box with all the informations needed. Remember: always put evidence, don't write what happened without giving us evidence (like I previously explained) and don't write stuff like "Add me on Facebook and I'll send evidence" or "Tell me if you need evidence", writing what happened is not enough and without something to look we will decline the report immediately.

As you can see, there's a "Language" box where you can chose an admin that requires the knowledge of a certain language to check that report. This means that you must change the language from "English" to another one only when there's a report related to Insulting, chat spam, cb spam. No need for explanations in your report other than a timestamp, the video speaks for itself. So offences like, speedhack, ramming, blocking etc. Must have the Language set as English.

sEcSfmY.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@w7x You need some gameplay recording sofware, like nVidia Share, OBS, plays.tv or any other. Best ones are those that allow for "Instant replay", meaning that you can have the software running in the background and when something happens (i.e. someone rams your truck), you hit a hotkey and the software saves a video containing the last X minutes of gameplay. With this, you get video evidence of all the action, even after it happened. Then, best thing to do is cut that video to around 20-30 seconds, showing just the moment when the other player is coming and ramming you. Before hitting the "Instant replay" key, you should open the chat and type /pinfo <player's id> or the TAB - Report window, so all the information on the rammer is also on video. Screenshots can only be taken with your truck stopped, true, but screenshots are mostly worthless for most reports (ramming, blocking, illegal overtakings are dynamic actions, they can't be proved with an image). But for some offenses, like insults or swearing in the chat, screenshots are valid.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]

ok i tried the freecam a bit, but why does it disable all player names and even keyboard buttons most of the times? so you can basically just fly around, but cant see any player names and cant even press any keys to get out of the situation.... maybe can press 1 and start driving, but the names and all keys are still disabled (like tab, Y, etc...)

so how to fix that when it happens and why does it even happen?

and the other thing - how could i extend the range of the freecam, so i could follow the lamers on the whole map and record at the same time? at the moment they just dissapear after 800 meters or something?

ok, this is no joke now, but What the actual F**** ?? i finally got some video recorded and also edited(took me like 4-5 days), but is now removed from youtube because it does not fit community guidelines ?????:blink::blink::blink:

3 hours ago, w7x said:

ok, this is no joke now, but What the actual F**** ?? i finally got some video recorded and also edited(took me like 4-5 days), but is now removed from youtube because it does not fit community guidelines ?????:blink::blink::blink:

If that is supposed to be a question, you might want to direct it to Youtube and/ or get familiar with its guidelines.

• Guest pinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Added one small note related to reports with screenshots:

Creating reports for inappropriate overtake (talking about overtaking traffic jams), can be reported with screenshots, but one screenshot only isn't enough to prove that the player is moving. To provide a valid report for "overtaking a traffic jam" you should provide at least 2 screenshotsNEW

On 7.11.2016 at 9:47 PM, marco6158 said:

-Insulting.

No one like to be called names, everyone got called names at least once in their life and I'm sure you didn't appreciate that.

However the word "Idiot" is not something we ban for, we kick for it so you don't need to make a report for this. Obviously you can't go around calling every player an idiot, any excessive use of the word or similar (placing profanities with it) won't be tollerated. And in that situation we'll be happy to deal with that report.

Correction needed:
The word is written "tolerated".

• 5 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Apologies for being educationally challenged but I read somewhere that TruckersMp now records the last two minutes of our driving if we want to complain about any bad driving etc.  How do we please activate this event?

@glojo It records the last 2 minutes of gameplay as a demo for admin use only. You cannot 'activate' it for player use. If you want it to record the previous 2 minutes for the admins only, report someone and it will automatically save the demo for the admins.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -